“Good value for money...”
Review of Old Mill Hotel

Old Mill Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Batheaston
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I thought for the £90 per night rate this hotel was good value for money. The rooms were clean and the bathroom looked newly decorated. The view was lovely and there was a boat service across the river taking you straight into bath.

My only criticisms are that our "private" terrace, was shared with another room and had direct access from the pub terrace - not very private! Also we asked for a twin room and were given a double! Bit uncomfortable.

Having said the above, I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to others wanting to visit Bath.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Old Mill Hotel

Reviewed 25 June 2012

The location is excellent, sitting by the riverside with great views of the old bridge and the countryside.Despite its country location, it was only a short journey into Bath, or only 30 minutes by the ferry boat into the centre of Bath.

However, the quality of customer service was variable with some staff being good, but others being dilatory and inefficient. Also, although the quality of the food was good, there seemed to be a heavy reliance on portion control, even to having limited cold foods available for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a superior room at the front, and you will get excellent views down the river.
1  Thank jay3791
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Too much money for what is a very basic budget hotel.

Until now, we never ever complained about anything, and we did visit quite a few B&Bs and hotels. But it all changed this weekend. We were given a room that we think was never supposed to be a room. As soon as we walked in the handle to the shower room door fell off. I tried to fix it, but then realised that even if I did fix it, there was no way of opening the door from inside the toilet, as there was no handle at all on the other side! The window had no latch and therefore it could not shut, and the door to the room was a couple of inches away from the floor. I was totally perplexed as I had just authorised a payment of £120 for this room! I just couldn't stay, I couldn't justify it to myself, £120 is too much money, it felt like we were being robbed. So we asked to get a different room, and after quite a bit of resistance and us threatening to leave, they finally gave in. I was overjoyed by the look of the new room.....until I actually realised that the jacuzzi bath had no plug (apparently they were taken away because the jacuzzi wasn't working - which meant you couldn't even take a jacuzzi free bath), the bed side lamp did not work and we had a live band playing very loud music till midnight without warning. It was so loud, we had to put subtitles on the TV.

Room Tip: I would suggest find another hotel, but if you really want this one, avoid room 102, I reckon it use...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CicaD82
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Enjoyed our stay, staff very friendly and helpful.
Not enough "lounging" areas, but would have been OK weather permitting !
Rooms a little on the small side, but otherwise very clean and looked after.

3  Thank ken P
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Felt I must write on here to say how much I was warmly welcomed by Gary and his staff at the Old Mill, Batheaston. I was hoping to be closer to Bath but the location next to the River Avon was very idyllic. My room was clean and well appointed. The General Manager Gary was courteous and attentive to me and my guests in a professional manner. Thank you Gary!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Con V
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Budget hotel for a premium price. We had a superior room with a river view, it was tiny, barely room to move around the armchair, luggage rest and overpriced mini bar. Nice bathroom but it had a jacuzzi bath with no plug, so only useable as a shower, a separate shower cubicle which only ran cold! luxury toiletries are merely cheap sachets. Tea and coffee making but no biscuits, despite them being advertised as included. Also the electronic keys seem to open any of the bedroom doors!
Previous reviews indicate the Lodge rooms are very small, but even our superior room was a squeeze.
Breakfast is served in a room overlooking the river, nice views but in need of refurbishment. Full English was pale and uninteresting. For £135 per room per night I would expect much better accommodation. The hotel is in a picturesque setting and it's a nice walk (40 mins) into the centre of Bath, or you can take a river taxi.
I would not recommend this hotel nor would I stay there again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alisonp40
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I am writing this review to express the excellent service and attention received from Gary and his loyal staff at the Old Mill. I witnessed an exchange with guests in the lounge area on the long bank holiday and witnessed him show much concern to a party of guests and offer them a bottle of champagne as a complimentary gesture. I thought him to be a very polite, courteous and typically English, well mannered hotelier.

Room Tip: Avoid the lodge rooms!
2  Thank Sufolk40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batheaston
Holiday Inn Express Bath
Bailbrook House Hotel
Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel
Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
Travelodge Bath Central
Radstock Hotel
Radstock Hotel
#30 of 32 in Bath

Been to Old Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!