“for good value in bath”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Batheaston
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“for good value in bath”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This was an attractive hotel. A little worn at the edges, but comfortable, with lovely outloook at the back. staff friendly and helpful. room just fine. Breakfast perfectly acceptable. The evening meal in the italian restaurant i did think was exceptional in quality, value and service. although it is a little way out of the city, at least there is parking. we were able to get a bus in the morning from just outside, and reception helpfully gave us a timetable. The taxi later in the day was around £10, so it works out cheaper than all day parking staying in a city centre hotel.
Rather a lot of noise outwide the room very early in the morning was a bit annoying.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Morwenna B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Just back after a night away at this nice clean hotel.
Pleasantly suprised at how nice the hotel was after reading some of the other reviews.
The night was a birthday gift from my auntie and uncle, superior double room, very comfortable bed, really warm, plenty of storage, rooms arnt particularly large but we only slept there.
Nice and close to the city centre where we had a good day, then ate in the hotels italian restaurant, food very nice and freshly cooked.
Breakfast included in the booking was lovely with plenty of choice, toast, cereal and cooked.
You can easily pick holes if you wanted - room small, no bath just a shower, mini bar expensive but as long as its clean, staff friendly and helpful you need to get on with it and enjoy yourself :-) which is what we did.
Would return to this hotel if we stayed in Bath again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kimmie72
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We have just retuned from a overnight stay at this hotel,we had booked 2 superior rooms we paid £95 for each room ,I was quite disappointed with the size of the rooms.much smaller than expected it did have a mini bar & the price's for what was in the mini bar were very high, through one window we had a view of the car park & the other window had a small balcony but the balcony was stacked full of chairs where the lower half of the hotel was flooded out with all the bad weather when the river Avon flooded no fault of the hotel just an act of God .It cost £8 for a taxi into bath & then the same back to the hotel ,the food at the hotel was good ,& the breakfast was enjoyable .would i stay here again,NO for the money we paid the rooms were what I would call a small double .

Room Tip: Dont pay for a superior room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 479Linda252
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a birthday treat with my wife. First impressions were poor, smoking area next to main entrance and skip full of old mattresses in carpark!
The young man on reception desk was very polite and helpful. Room was clean but bed a little uncomfortable.
Strange that there was no radiator in bathroom but otherwise all ok.
Breakfast was adequate, but not the best. Everything was warm rather than hot
Sure you could to better in Bath itself.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Knobby1966
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I made a booking with the Old Mill Hotel at the beginning of January online. Due to personal reasons I had to cancel this today when I rang up I was told that this could not be done as it was a special rate even though I was giving them over a month in advance in which time they will sell the room and I will lose out on 140 pounds!! When I originally paid for the booking over the phone I was charged for the whole amount, however I just read the email and they should only have charged me half the money and the other half upon arrival. I spoke to the general manager of the hotel today and he was very arrogant and rude over the phone to me! He answered me in an aggressive tone which was frightening for a young women! I was looking to go back for the weekend after but I will never set foot in that hotel after the way I was treated especially by the GENERAL MANAGER!! I ADVISE ANYONE WHOS THINKING OF GOING THERE NOT TO BOTHER AS YOU WILL PROBABLY GET TREATED THE SAME!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Alexandra2844
respondance, General Manager at Old Mill Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
This client made a non-refundable booking via an agent on a web site. The terms and conditions of a non-refundable booking are clearly outlined before the booking is confirmed. When the client telephoned the hotel to cancel the booking she was advised to contact the agency. For some reason she didn't understand so it had to be outlined to her quite clearly that she needed to contact the agency that she made her booking through, where ever possible we try and accommodate changes in bookings but non-refundables are usually cheaper and cannot be cancelled or modified.
I am sorry if the client thought I was being rude but I truley believe that it wasn't a case of being rude it was more the case that the client didn't get what she wanted

Travellers are raving about these Batheaston hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My review will sound a little negative overall, but this is a very cheap hotel in a nice location, so Bear in mind you cant expect it to be great when you pay a budget price..
I can only speak for my own room which was 105.. Clean but quite small, overlooks the car park.
The two single beds were very uncomfortable. The matresses were very much past there best before date !!.. Well stocked mini bar with the usual rip off prices, but the fridge was handy for our own food.
Breakfast was adequate but never hot .. Staff helpful and polite.
The hotel has an italian restaurant on site but I never saw a single customer in the days i was there.. The bar was also as dead as the grave. The hotel is situated about 2 miles from the centre of Bath but be aware that the traffic into Bath during rush hour is almost motionless.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Chris-Mansfield
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have just returned from a nights stay at the mill hotel and can honestly say it was fine, the room and shower room was clean and warm, good choice for breakfast and friendly staff. For a night away it suited us fine.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacque M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batheaston
Holiday Inn Express Bath
Radstock Hotel
Radstock Hotel
#28 of 31 in Bath
Travelodge Bath Central

Been to Old Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!