“In need of a tidy up and clean”
Review of Old Mill Hotel

Old Mill Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Batheaston
London, United Kingdom
“In need of a tidy up and clean”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

the location is great and the rooms clean, BUT the rest of the hotel is very faulty towers and in need of being dragged out of the 70's, the dining room windows have cobwebs on the inside! the breakfast is cold and rubbery from standing too long, and the eggs had a hair in. the rooms are basic and as I said clean, but the decor and the finish is grubby and shabby, also niosy so sleep quality not great, on a plus side the staff are friendly and efficient

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Patsyw64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

The main building looked beautiful and picturesque but we ended up housed in the portacabins outside. These are pointless rooms: could hear the neighbours loud and clear, the glass fronted door let tonnes of light in, the wooden temporary Stair was a hazard.
We went to have breakfast in the morning- we saw sad eggs and bacon and a small selection of sorry cereal and they wanted £15 for the delight! We went out for eggs elsewhere and were much happier!
So, only stay here if you get a room in the main building and don't have breakfast.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ally_monkey

Travellers are raving about these Batheaston hotels

Falkirk
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful holiday in Bath Somerset, and in particular, to the above hotel. We were treated like VIPS and left more like old friends. The staff were tremendous, nothing was too much bother for them, they were so attentive at meal times especially. Our room was immaculate ,towels were changed without request, the en-suite was cleaned every day, nothing was left to chance.Staff members were on hand at all times,it was a novel experience. The food was exceptional and plentiful, it made our holiday. The manager led from the frontand wasnt afraid to to pitch in with the staff. We send our grateful thanks especially after the traumatic last 12 months following the death of our beloved grand-daughter from Pancreatic Cancer. It was the tonic we needed.

Room Tip: We were in room 109, try to get one overlooking the river.
3 Thank umpyFalkirk
Oldmillhotel, Duty Manager at Old Mill Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. The staff and myself are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. Our staff, on reading this, do remember you both with absolute fondness and were sorry to hear of your tragic loss. We do wish you both all the best and happiness and hope to see both soon again. Again thank you so much for your lovely words. I am always so pleased to read reviews like this out to my staff. With the kindest regards, yours sincerely, Rui Esteves, Duty Manager
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I must admit when we first arrived I was a little unsure as the car park was a bit cramped but as soon as we stepped inside I was wowed by the hotel, the man on reception was very welcoming and polite, we were given our room key and pointed down the hallway- must admit there was a lot of steps. The executive double was beautiful with an absolutely stunning view of the river, we had a shower cubicle & a bath, the bed was extremely comfortable but there was no hairdryer as advertised. We went to the lounge and had a pot of tea which was served promptly and we then booked a table in the restaurant for dinner- this is where we encountered a few hiccups, the tall brunette waitress was not very good at either the bar or table service, we had to ask for a soup spoon and then steak knives but I must stress the food was absolutely delicious and very well priced. The views from the hotel are absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, we sat by the weir at dusk just watching the water and listening to the sounds of nature. We shall definitely revisit the hotel again.

1 Thank Shelley J
Thank you so much for your lovely review. The staff and myself are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. We all do appreciate such lovely feedback and keeps us all motivated. We do sincerely apologise for the lack of a hairdryer and am going to attend to that matter with immediate effect. I am so proud of my hardworking staff and we take all the comments on board to ensure our guests have a comfortable and happy stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. With the kindest regards, yours sincerely, Rui Esteves, Duty Manager
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Thank you for a lovely stay this weekend. The room was clean and nice. The view was beautiful from our room. The breakfast was really good, with lots of choice. The location was perfect, we were able to walk along the canal into Bath and get the little boat back. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Very child friendly and will def be back again.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Nicola T
Thank you so much for your lovely review. The staff and myself are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. We all do appreciate such lovely feedback and keeps us all motivated. We look forward to seeing you again soon. With the kindest regards, yours sincerely, Rui Esteves, Duty Manager
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just returned from a 3 day stay in room 109. The view from our window was fantastic and the family of ducks were very entertaining. The room was well decorated and the furniture appeared fairly new. The bed was a 4 poster and very comfortable. What did let the room down was the cleaning, a dead bee on the floor stayed in the same spot for "all" our stay. Also the patio door seal was disgustingly dirty and some of the electrical items had not been tested for a while. The car park was tight on a couple occasions but we always got a spot. Breakfast was good and the evening meals were a better value than the pub on the opposite bank. Also, the Lager was cheaper in the Hotel. We found the staff very professional and approachable.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building, the lodge in the car park looked like a prefab unit.
4 Thank pensionersPlymouth
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I found the staff very helpful and polite during my stay (very busy at breakfast yet the staff managed it well!:). The manager on the other hand was, I can only put it, extremely unhelpful with seemingly unrealistic expectations of the staff. Whilst everyone was dressed smartly in proper uniform, the manager was in scruffy clothes whilst working behind the bar during the busy breakfast. This is simply unacceptable when acting as a manager in front of customers.

Whilst not dealing with him personally he seemed rude and full of excuses when dealing with other customers. If the owner of the hotel could find new management, like it has been on previous visits, I would happily return for another stay.

Note to manager: if you find the time to reply to this review, please bear in mind that it is either ' Kind Regards' OR ' Yours Sincerely' :-)

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank jndaisy
Oldmillhotel, Duty Manager at Old Mill Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
I do sincerely apologise if I offended you or was rude to you in any way but due to new management we have had one or two fake reviews from previous employees and was wondering if you could get hold of me on my email address as I would personally like to apologise. My email address is office@oldmillbath.co.uk. As for my scruffy clothes, since taking over from the previous manager I have had to do a lot of work in maintenance, the garden etc. You may have caught me on a day that I had to trim hedges or mow the lawn or paint. I do try and assist my staff as much as possible in reception or behind the bar or at breakfast and when I waiter in the restaurant or working in the office or work at reception I ensure I am respectful enough to my guests to dress up smartly. When I first arrived here there has been so much to do to bring up the standards of the hotel and I try not to make excuses but merely offer explanations. I take every bit of constructive criticism on board and amend the situations to ensure our guests are happy and comfortable. If you read in my previous reviews you will see that I am extremely proud of my staff and we all work well together hand in hand as a team. I do my best to relieve staff so they are able to have time off as much as I possibly can but again I say I am proud of my staff and am passionate about the Hotel. I do try and be accurate with my wording as well and I spoke to my partner, who is a legal secretary, to ensure my ending of the letter is correct and she assures me that it is appropriate enough to end with Kind regards and Yours sincerely.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batheaston
Holiday Inn Express Bath
Dukes Hotel
Dukes Hotel
#2 of 31 in Bath
Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel

Been to Old Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!