“Off for my 3rd visit...”

Avondale Riverside Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Batheaston
Avondale Riverside Apartments
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We rented this amazing cottage for my sisters hen do over 5 years ago now and had the time of our lives so much so that my hen's booked it for mine this year. Sheila is such a fantastic host, she has everything there you could possibly need. Its ideal for a base to visit Bath and its many attractions, very peaceful and homely. I loved it so much I have just booked it up for the 10 year anniversary of when my husband and I met to celebrate in this very romantic location. A great place for all.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 April 2012

i have just come back from a weekend away at sheila's place and it was lovely. i did not meet sheila but my parents did and said she was lovely,had a chin wag with them and were made to feel welcome. the place is in a great location overlooking the river and my children loved the garden. we did the walk into bath and it was lovely, all the way along the river(although you have to walk along main road to bathford mill and then go from there). we also got the boat back from pulteney bridge in bath as do not drive into bath at rush hour or a weekend as its a pain!!all in all we would book again and hopefully will one day!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This is a beautiful apartment and well-suited to groups (we were 9, one of us slept on a comfy fold-out bed that the owner added for us). Sheila left us an enormous box of goodies, chocolates, and had loads of nice touches like "bloke jokes" and "hen dares" dotted around the house. It was easy to cater for ourselves on the big range oven, and the table seated us all comfortably. The hot tub was great fun and lovely that Sheila left us robes and towels etc. I genuinely don't understand some of the other reviews on here - we only saw Sheila to check and out and she was lovely and professional both times; she was very helpful with organising, letting me know that she could get discounted vouchers for the Thermae Spa, advising me on booking, and giving me local taxi numbers. The apartment was in great condition and, as with other self-catering places, we were happy to empty the bins and put things out for recycling before we left.
Would highly recommend it to any groups, especially hens. Some of our party have already looked into booking it for New Year.

Room Tip: Two rooms have doubles (made clear by Sheila in her info) so be prepared to share if you go as a big...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Sheila was very efficient in e-mailing details etc and arrived to meet and greet, I am afraid we did not see her again to thank her for the advice (The Crown is 5 min away and the food was lovely) and for the items she left - fruit, chocolates, biscuits and even two bottles of champagne for the festive weekend. Lovely Christmas tree and winter flowering plants. The apartment was well maintained, beautifully clean and well furnished with nice touches such as toiletries, many books, games, music as well as every sort of glass and plate that you would ever need. It is a gloriously warm apartment. Bath is a gem and close enough for us to see the fireworks from the balcony.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Did all the usual emailing with the owner abt times we can arrive, leave etc etc and Sheila was extreemely helpful with all my enquiries.
Arrived on the Friday and met Sheila, was given the rules and regulations for the apartment and use of the hot tub, the apartment was fantastic, the dining room was brilliant for the 10 of us to sit around, dance around and have a really social evening. Sheila left us some lovely personal touches, chocolates, wine, milk, bread etc and some lovely smellies for the hen - me!
The hot tub was wonderful and as none of us own one we had no idea how to use it so were greatful for the instructions, sheila checked it the next day and topped up the water levels for us, contrary to some rather personal comments made on this forum we thought the owner was nothing but kind generous and helpful she certainly wasnt around the accomodation all weekend like some reviews suggest.
The location was great although the taxi's didnt seem to have a clue where we actually were when we booked them and so my suprise limo hummer for 18.00 on Sat eve was 20 mins late with the driver saying he got lost..

We would definatley go back, the apartments have everything you could possibly want and need, the beds were so comfy, the garden large and the hot tub was just amazing.

Do not hesitate in booking, you would go far to find better accomodation. The perfect girly get together house.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We had a lovely time in the house and would definitely go back.
The owner made us feel very welcome and we the welcome pack of essentials and luxuries was much appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We did a long weekend in Bath over the August bank holiday. Overall I would say we had a great time and the property leant itself well for all our needs.

The property was very clean and tidy in our experience. The beds were really comfortable and could have slept for hours! The little extra touches such as fresh flowers, scones, bread and tea were very welcomed after our journey.

All the rooms were in good order and plenty of space for 8 people. Even massive DVD collection which was useful for a rainy afternoon.

Very convenient location to catch the bus into town which are about 30 min intervals and 10 min ride to town.

Overall we had a fab stay and I would recommend to groups/friends looking for a relaxing stay just outside of the city centre. Minor irritations about the property such as rules, recycling needs of the council and visits of owner to check hot tub are really just minor and I wouldnt be out off by it-most of this is understable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Been to Avondale Riverside Apartments? Share your experiences!