“By no means a 4 star hotel”

Lindos White Hotel and Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vlycha
Chatham, Kent, England
“By no means a 4 star hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Have just returned from Linos White. If you are looking for a four star hotel, do not go here.
Whilst the room was clean and tidy, that was it.
Restaurant was like a canteen, and while the food was OK, it was the same old thing every day, and not much of a choice, and cold by the time you got back to sit on your hard chair.
We went to other Hotels in the evening, as would rather pay for our drinks, than sit round a swimming pool on hard old chairs to get a free drink!! Usually you can enjoy coffee or a glass of wine in the reception seating area, but all this had to be paid for. Not my idea of all Inclusive, while I understand and am happy to pay for premium drinks, do not expect to have to pay for small glass of wine in a plastic cup. Compared to all the other hotels we used while there, this one was RUBBISH

Room Tip: Room 802 was clean and quiet
4 Thank barbara l

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Have just come back from spending a week at this hotel and some of the reviews annoy me a bit. Here is my honest opinion of the hotel.

The hotel was spotlessly clean for the entire time we were there, our room was cleaned by the laundry service, who incidentally were kind enough to loan us their ironing board on the day of my friends wedding so that we could get all the suits sorted. Have seen comments about bathroom being flooded, but it is actually a washroom and so the water drains to a central location if the shower does flood (don’t know how they managed to flood it as fiancé was in there hours and it didn’t flood then).
Our room was in the new part of the hotel, and it was brilliant, I have seen flats in various parts of the UK that were smaller than the room we had here. Air con was a new thing to me, although we loved having it to cool off as the nights were very warm. The view from our balcony was beautiful and on our last night we were able to watch a lightening storm from the comfort of our chairs.
The food was superb, having never gone all inclusive before, this was a treat. Admittedly it did feel like sitting in a school canteen, but when you are offered such a wide selection of food over the day this is not an issue. Kay and her team are brilliant, and the place is kept spotless.
The two pool bars are brilliant, people have complained about restricting drinks to away from the pool, this isn’t the case, we were provided plastic glasses for drinking by the pool, and proper glasses for when by the bar. I have no issue with this, and was glad not to jump into a pool, or walk on broken glass when enjoying myself during the day.
I did find it a bit strange that there was another bar that you have to pay for drinks in, but the prices were so low, that we didn’t really mind.
The two pools are well suited, with a more shallow pool in the new section of the hotel, and a deeper pool in the section in the hotel annex. My only issue was that both pools were bitterly cold when first getting in, and I did notice that it was warmer when going in the sea.
The local beach is a pebble one, however, when your more than four foot into the water (distance not depth) it is all sand. Buy a snorkel as there is plenty of sea life to be seen there.

The staff at the hotel were generally brilliant, whilst I didn’t talk to our rep (Stephen) I did hear very good reports from my friends about him. Oliver and Michalis (?) in the upstairs bar, and Nikos and Carlos in the downstairs poolside bar, with Billy (clearly not his name but he allowed people to call him that) working on the paying bar, who was a lovely man, who went out of his way to be helpful in the dead of night.
I would recommend this hotel to others, maybe it isn’t a four star hotel, but the experience I had there was what I was expecting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new area with a view of the sea, preferably on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank mikeyharding
Bridgend, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

How on earth have Thomson got this wrong. There is no way this hotel is 4stars. How many all inclusive hotels do you know that restrict you to having drinks at the swimming pool. If you want to drink in the lounge you have to pay for the privilege ! Whilst food was fairly good it lacked the variety you have come to expect from Thomson. There is no menu for childern, they eat what the adults have. The dining area is light and airy, however, I have been in better canteens. The hotel management make no effort to enquire if the facilities meet with your expectations and avoid all contact with the guests. No get to meet the staff evenings with a drink and snacks, you get the feeling that you are kept at arms length throughout your stay. We arrived late evening and no one was available to assist with the cases. There were no refreshments available and had I known the hotel is on an escarpment at different levels restricting movement for less agile persons I would not have booked this hotel. If you are satisfied with 2 / 3 star hotels this meets the bill. There are better hotels in Rhodes for the same money. If you do not intend to hire a car your movements will be restricted to local transport which is not regular. My advise is think long and hard before you choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Book a sea view suite, garden rooms are dated.
3 Thank Kelvin1503
Wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We have just returned from the Lindos White Hotel and Suites. I would like to start on a positive note. The room was on the 4th floor and was fantastic, very spacious, clean and a lovely view from the Balcony. Overall Hotel Staff friendly and helpful.
On the down side, it was about our thirtieth trip to Greece most of these holidays have been with Thomsons and we have never been disappointed. However this Hotel lacks in a lot of ways, firstly.
no welcome upon arrival, just one member of staff dealing with everyone, no one to help with luggage or room directions. No welcome drinks or snacks available, bearing in mind this is supposedly 4 star all inclusive. All inclusive drinks were only ever available at the 2 pool bars, one down the driveway and the other by the top apartments. There is a bar by reception but you have to pay so nowhere really to sit and have a relaxing drink. Entertainment is poor, not even an al acarte dining room, just one basic dining room. I really feel strongly about this Hotel having a 4 star rating. Overall a very disappointing place, would definitely not consider staying there again and certainly not recommend to anyone. If anyone has booked I would advise hiring a car unless you like sitting by the pool there is nothing else to do. I must also mention there was never a Hotel
manager seen to be present at the Hotel.

6 Thank Kelsuewales
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had a lovely two weeks holiday at this hotel, we stayed in a junior suite on the second floor, with a lovely view.. This hotel is very clean and the staff very friendly, must mention Oliver on the top pool bar, he is a star. The restaurant has outside dining as well as inside, the food was excellent with plenty of choice, Kay and her staff are very efficient. Steven the rep for first choice is very knowledgable about the area, and didn't once try to sell us anything, contrary to the belief of others.. He even helped me with my phone, continue the good work.. Overall a great and relaxing holiday..

5 Thank minder100
Llangollen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I'll try to talk about all the stuff I'D like to know about this hotel!!
1. Spotlessly clean throughout the hotel. Our room was made up every day and clean towels were left. Some people have complained about 'leaking showers' - its a shower room, the floor is slanted and the water runs into a hole in the loo - Not an inconvenience at all.
2. The room - we stayed in was in the new bit of the hotel, it was extremely spacious, and although it was on the first floor, right outside the children's pool, as soon as the door was shut you couldn't hear a thing. The air con was amazing (it was 41 degrees the day we got there 11/9). Again the room was exceptionally clean.
3. The food - Now I have NO idea WHY people have moaned about the food, it's brilliant. yes, the salad is more or less the same every day, but seriously, you get breakfast, lunch and dinner, and they're all different! It was great, loads of choice, and tasted fab. I'm not a fussy eater but I do like to eat whatever comes from the country I'm in and this didn't disappoint. Well done to the cooks!!
4. Drink - Cocktails, beer, tea, coffee - all the usual 'home grown' stuff, and all if it was fine.
5. Location - I don't really go for a party, so wasn't interested in going out clubbing etc, we wanted a peaceful relaxing holiday, and that's what we got (there were a few about to be married couples staying in the hotel who did go out partying and they all had a great time! so it is there is if you want it). I also don't want to sit on a beach 24/7 so we hired a car from the lobby - 90 euros for 3 days - and WELL worth it. We went to a few other beaches, and drove to Prasonisi beach (where the Aegean and med meet, what an amazing place!), Lindos (which is about a mile away, and is really lovely, the temple of Athena is a must see) and finally the medieval walled city of Rhodes (too commercial for me, lovely place, but every other shop is jewellery or tat). So if you want the full experience, and you're not happy staying on the beach or by the pool, hire a car. O I should mention driving is easy. They're not bonkers like the Italians.
6. Sea Vs the pool - O well - some people like lazing by the pool, some by the sea, we did both. Sea and swimming all morning, then a bit of pool in the afternoon. Never had to look for a bed by the pool, there were always a few available (that could be because we went in Sept), and beds by the (pebbly) sea are 4 euros each. You MUST get some special sea sandal shoes to go into the sea across the road, its a bit steep and you'll end up struggling to get in or out otherwise.
7. The staff - Fantastic. Though we didn't deal with the rep, I did talk to him and he was Lovely (Stephen). The hotel staff are all so nice, Oliver in the upstairs bar, and Nikos in the downstairs poolside bar (Nikos makes the best Cocktails) in fact there was only ONE staff member I didn't take to and that was the night time upstairs bartender, don't know his name but GOD he was miserable. And he couldn't make a drink to save his life! He really didn't want to be there, he had a face like a wet weekend all the time. Everyone else though -Lovely. O there are quite a few stray animals about, cat's kittens and a LOVELY little escaped dog who I could have taken home with me. So make sure you pinch some food for them : )
8. last but not least - the other holiday makers - Now I've read so much about 'Rude Russians' and 'Horrible germans'. Well I think people are the same the world over, and if you smile and say hiya, and they look at you like doggydoo, don't bother with them again!! Of course there were some weird and rude people, some of them were British! Despite the language difference the Russians were fine, in fact they added a bit of the exotic to the holiday for me! They're just people at the end of the day, and you smile, they smile, and you have a cocktail together! Da!
All in all this was a great holiday, relaxing hot weather, good food, loads of snogging and not a cloud in the sky. perfect. I'd recommended it to anyone, and I'd like to thank the staff at the hotel for helping me have a great holiday!
All in all a very relaxing,

Room Tip: Try and get in the new block, the rooms are bigger!
6 Thank Spanksspangles
Cannock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Had a week at this hotel, lovely location, short taxi ride away from Lindos. Spotlessly clean, with friendly staff. If you want entertainment and busy time it's not for you. We had top floor suite with lovely views. Excellent pool areas, plenty of sunbeds. Beach shingle but sand further along to the right. Food buffet international style, good choices, breakfast superb. Really helpful rep Steve, he had good knowledge of the area, even leant us a guide book. Recommend the day trip to the island of Symi, well worth getting up early for. Overall we would recommend this hotel to all age groups who want a quiet relaxing time.

Room Tip: Junior suite with sea view in the new block.
4 Thank Barbara J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vlycha
Lindos Blu
AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort
Lindos Sun Hotel
Lindos Sun Hotel
#9 of 33 in Lindos

Been to Lindos White Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!