“Good place.”
Review of Makis Place

Makis Place
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tourlos
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I went with a group of friends, the owner received us. He is a very funny/happy guy with a peculiar smell, but he treat us very good. The rooms are clean and a scooter rental office is just around the corner. I will recomend very much this place. You'll have a good time.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Enzi2006

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here again at the beginning and end of another 2 week island hopping in May/June 2014. Once again great service from Makis and his family, combined with great food in their restaurant, you can't get better service. We even returned a day early from Tinos and at very short notice Makis accommodated us without a problem.

The only down side this year was for a couple of days there was a group of 4/5 young male Greek students being d***heads around the swimming pool, dive bombing, soaking other guests and spoiling the peace. A few stern words from myself soon sorted that out!.
This is not to distract from what a wonderful place this is to stay and we are already planning our visit for next year which will include Makis Place, you just made to feel 'one of the family' Our 6 year old son loves Makis and his son Vaggelis and can't wait to go back again and again!
I would just keep writing more and more singing its' praises but then I don't want it to get so busy that we can never get a room again, ha ha!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I only stayed at Maki's Place for one night. I booked it because it was near the old harbor where I would be meeting my Intrepid sailing group the following day. The owner's son picked me up at the airport, and I was assigned a great room with a balcony and a nice view of the harbor. I ate breakfast here but not dinner. Pretty nice buffet with plenty of coffee, juice, croissants, fruit, yogurt, and honey. The open-air restaurant is beautiful and casual. Such a great place to hangout with a cup of coffee or a beer and the wifi is good. There is a taverna next door which is quite good and a market up the street. You can catch the bus to Mykonos right in front of Maki's or go down to the old harbor and take the SeaBus for one euro. I would have been happy to stay here more than one night. It was comfortable and clean. If you want nightlife, then stay in Mykonos where it goes on into the wee hours. The bus from there stops running at 11 pm I think and maybe the seabus too. It's a lengthy walk back along a twisty, busy road. If I ever go back to Mykonos, I will stay here again. The only negative thing I could say at all was when I needed to use the office phone because my international phone was not working. Maki was a bit gruff, but he was really busy doing paperwork, and I stood there at the front desk using his phone. I had to leave my luggage there for several hours before meeting my group, and when I went back in he was perfectly agreeable. I think I paid about 78 euros; I'm sure places in Mykonos Town are way higher. If you book here, be aware that you are in Old Harbor and you'll need taxi, bus, or seabus to get to the main town.

Room Tip: I had the central upstairs room in the hotel. It was great. Lots of steps. It overlooked the pool...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lyn S
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We made a reservation at Makis for one night, but two days earlier, my travel companion became ill, and it was clear we were not going to be able to make the trip to stay on Mykonos, and would instead have to remain on Naxos for a while. I phoned Makis, apologizing for the necessary change of plans to the father of the owner who at first said we would have to forfeit our full payment. I explained that the "Terms and Conditions" indicated that for a return of the FULL payment we would have had to give notice a week before the stay, but that my reading of the "T & C" indicated we should surrender only HALF the payment. He said he was not the owner, but would speak to his son about it. When I got my bill upon returning home, I was so PLEASED to see that the son, the owner, had lived up to the promise and I was charged only what I expected to pay. Thank you, Makis owners!

If I have occasion on my next trip to Greece (this one was my third and definitely not my last!) to stay on Mykonos, I will definitely want to stay at Makis. These are very nice people to deal with, and I look forward to their hospitality. They were among the many who made my third trip to Greece sweet. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank alleleven
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I spent two days here and loved every second. The rooms are well kept and clean. The room had a nice terrace, fridge, TV and AC. It was facing the port and was about a 15 min walk to Mykanos town. The breakfast was simple but nice. The staff were helpful when asking questions and Vaggelis was especially helpful in helping me with my journey from Athens to Sofia. Thank you for a much needed relaxing stay. I shall certainly miss reading by the pool :(

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TravellingNessy
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were flying into Mykonos in the evening, and catching a lunchtime ferry to Andros the next day. From what we read here on TripAdvisor, Makis Place seemed ideal for a one-night stop-over - and that's exactly what it turned out to be. We were met at the Airport, taken to the Hotel and checked in in a matter of minutes. Everybody was friendly and helpful. Diner was OK, breakfast was good. The room was clean, comfortable and well-equipped. Our only mistake was not to put on the mosquito repellent, so we got bitten to death - but that certainly wasn't the Hotel's fault! After a stroll the next morning we were given a lift to the ferry port and shown where to buy tickets. All-in-all a good way to start a holiday. It was also very good value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank southendbootboy
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here as my flight into Mykonos arrived too late to connect with the ferry to Naxos. This hotel is a 5 min walk to the new ferry terminal although the owner is very happy to give you a lift there (he will also pick you up at the airport if you call him). It is nice hotel, with good views and clean comfortable rooms. The restaurant serves reasonable food with good portions. It is fairly priced for what it offers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tjshome
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tourlos
Olia Hotel
#2 of 9 in Agios Stefanos
Rocabella Mykonos Hotel & SPA
Rocabella Mykonos Hotel & SPA
#1 of 9 in Agios Stefanos

Been to Makis Place? Share your experiences!