I stayed here for a week in July and this was one of the best weeks in my life. I had reall great time in Aldemar Olympina Village. I'm not sure if it was due to the hotel, though, but I'll write about this later :)
First impression was amazing. Lobby is bright and sophisticated. Staff in the reception was really polite. We were given a superior with a sharing pool, beause all bungalows were already taken. Our apartament was far away from lobby, so we could use a small, electric car with a driver. He carried our luggage and showed us our room etc. We had problems with air conditioning, but it was fixed very fast.
The main restaurant was great. It was really big, so there were always free tables. Meals were pretty monotous, but tasty.
However I highly recommend to go to the smaller restaurant for lunch, because it's defenitely less crowded and quieter.
Beach was beautiful, it was about 1 km lenght. Because of many pools, I didn't feel that there were more than 1000 people in the hotel.
There are about 5 bars in the hotel, all opened in different areas and hours, but there wasn't big choice there, even in all inclusive.
And last, but not least: animation. Animation team was making amazing job! I don't think that this hotel would be as good without them. They were entertaining us all day long, from 10 am to 1 am. They were very encouraging, but not intrusive and reeeeaaly kind, funny and friendly. They were organizing yoga, latino dance, club dance, coctail games, dartz and more. They were speaking quite good english, remembered names of almost every guest in the hotel and always saying "hello".
Evening shows were really good as well as discos (but they were really short). There was even a beach party once, we were dancing on the beach with all staff till 4 am!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the home of the Greek gods and the Olympic Games, a region full of history, ancient temples and Byzantine monasteries, and discover the Olympian Village, an ultramodern hotel complex overlooking the sea. Stretching along the beach and surrounded by dozens of pools and beautiful gardens, the Olympian Village (World’s Leading Spa Resort 2007, World Travel Awards) is a lively and welcoming holiday location. It offers a host of activities for sports enthusiasts and families with children, an atmosphere of relaxation and well-being at World’s finest Spa & Thalasso center, Royal Olympian Spa & Thalasso and a feast of culinary delights at its superb restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aldemar Olympian Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldemar Olympian Village Hotel Skafidia
- Aldemar Olympian Village Skafidia