We were transferred from the airport by coach to a petrol station and then the rest of the journey was by taxi. On arrival the overall first impression is good but very chaotic at the reception desk. This hotel badly needs to be refurbished and if you are lucky enough to get a refurbished room or not in the main hotel building, you would wonder why I feel the need to write this review. We were given Room 208 which is supposed to be a sea view room, that is if you can see around the tree. The carpet was absolutely disgusting with stains and damp. Consequently the whole room smelt musty and damp which was quite indescribable . The shower didn't work without having to hold it in your hand. So decided take a bath instead and the bath plug didn't fit and the water just emptied. The shower hose wrapped around your feet and the dirt around the edge of the bath was horrid. After complaining we were told that there were no other rooms until the following day. We spent a very sad night in this smelly room and I think they did try and clean the carpet a bit but we now had a chemical smell in the room which after sleeping in for the night left me with a very bad headache the following morning. Not a good start to what was supposed to be a restful holiday. We lost two days of our holiday (arrival day and the next one) waiting for the replacement room. So now you would think that everything would be great, but no, the new room had water dripping through the ceiling just above the wardrobes which when we opened them to put our clothes in had to face the musty damp smell again. The hotel did stop the leak the next day but obviously not the smell which we lived with for the remainder of our holiday and we had to aire our clothes before wearing them.
Evening entertainment though is non existent as it caters solely for Italian humour and probably aimed at children, certainly not adults. However, the animation team were all lovely and had limitless energy and enthusiasm.
The beach is kept spotlessly clean, with plenty of beds and shade. Bar staff were excellent. The food was good but would be even nicer if it was warm/hot. Most times it was cool. You get the chance to try two other dining options during your stay and we tried the Greek Tavern and found it to be excellent. A very enjoyable evening.
Despite all the negatives of our accommodation, the resort and the rest of the hotel is lovely and if you are lucky with room allocation you will have a good holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the home of the Greek gods and the Olympic Games, a region full of history, ancient temples and Byzantine monasteries, and discover the Olympian Village, an ultramodern hotel complex overlooking the sea. Stretching along the beach and surrounded by dozens of pools and beautiful gardens, the Olympian Village (World’s Leading Spa Resort 2007, World Travel Awards) is a lively and welcoming holiday location. It offers a host of activities for sports enthusiasts and families with children, an atmosphere of relaxation and well-being at World’s finest Spa & Thalasso center, Royal Olympian Spa & Thalasso and a feast of culinary delights at its superb restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aldemar Olympian Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldemar Olympian Village Hotel Skafidia
- Aldemar Olympian Village Skafidia