Lets begin by mentioning that I have stayed in the past in numerous hotels, apartments, motels and so forth ranged from 2-stars up to 5-stars.. Lets just say that I know what to expect each time I go on vacations based on the secription and the stars from each place i book.
This year me and my girlfriend wanted something average as we were to spend most of our time in "beach hopping" rather than staying at the hotel premises..
Anyway, we booked this "hotel" on line expecting that it would be an average place to crash for a few hours every night, have at least a decent breakfast and head from there to explore Halkidiki's beautiful and fun beaches and scenery..
I will start from the one and only semi-positive comment for this place. Its location. Its situated in between the two "legs" making it easy to visit more places without sepnding too much time in your rental car. Thats it. End of positive things.
From there on:
- THIS IS NOT A HOTEL. It is some rooms next to other rooms. There is nothing to remind you of the term HOTEL as you knew up to now. I will explain below:
- Rooms: The rooms are made in 1821 maximum. The matresses are horrible, the ones they have in prison for sure must be better. My girlfriend had to go for pshysiotherapy when we got home. Sheets? One person sheets even for the "twin" bed. They dont even use plastic bags in the dust bins. Bathroom is a dirty scary separate room. The toilet in there gives you a creepy feeling everytime you feel like using it. Smelly atmosphere and lack of hygiene makes you wanna cry every time you want to go in there. On your way up to your room you can smell all the other rooms toilets cause their windows are in your face :) You want to take a shower? Almost no water :) so think again. You want to use the soap? Oops no soap offered (I didnt mention shower gel or shampoo).. So you better visit the super market and buy your own supplies for this "HOTEL".. Of course no hint for this was mentioned anywhere pror to our booking.. The towels are old, used, and changed every 3-4 days, so please dont use suntan oils during the day if you dont want to spread it all over yourself when you use their towels! The cleaning was made every 3-4 days and do not expect too much. Better do not expect anything from the cleaning process. They had a sign outside the room stating (commanding us is a better word) that A/C should be OFF when you were not in the room and that the greek authorities required that. LOL Oh, A/C was almost dead. Hmmm no. The A/C was dead.
2. Breakfast: The worst things I ever seen in my whole life offered from anyone to me. Literally there was nothing to eat OR drink. They were offering: bread, cheese (2 kinds),cucumber, cheese pie, some biscuits and corn flakes. By reading them you think that they are a lot and I am just exaggerating. If you go there (for your own sake i hope you dont), you will see what I mean. You wanna drink something else than TAP water? There are two machines for various coffees and juices BUT you have to pay extra to use them. Of course not a hint for this was given prior to our stay. You wanna hear somethig funny? The owner of this place. Mrs. Melissa and her mother every morning were having breakfast among us (lets call ourselves "clients"). Specially served table, filter coffee, freshly baked eggs, vegetables and all the stuff that you were excpeting as a decent breakfast were served for her and her mother. Hahaha this was hilarious to watch. I felt so stupid every morning (I stopped having breakfast there after the third day and i refered to go to small coffee shops around the village and pay for a decent start for our day). have I mentioned that, once you had breakfast you had to take your plates to a bench near the kitchen for them to clean?! Remember when you were at school? Yes, exaclty like then. Oh I forgot to share with you, that a relative of Mrs. Melissa - an elderly man - that was having breakfast there every morning, washed his denture (fake teeth) in the basin of the kiosk they have outside in common view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the most shocking incident I have ever watched during my holidays! When another client complained to the guy who was responsible of the kiosk, he only said that the old man was a relative of the owner and that he couldnt do anything about it!!!
Mrs. Melissa in front of us was giving orders to her employees ordering them to follow the newly coming clients from Switzerland in order to make them go to her beach and to not charge for their coffees because they would spend 15 days there and that they would take more money from them if they treat them well at the beginning... IN FRONT OF US!!! At the same time we were next to her!! OMG, while I am writing this review and I think of all those incidents my stomach hurts...
Swimming pool: fake picture. The swimming pool is just 4x5 meters.
Mrs. Melissa should retire immediately and sell her business to ANYBODY else. She is incapable of handling a business like that.
Andreas (the handy guy propably a relative of Mrs. Melissa): Spooky, creepy guy that was shouting to other employees when Mrs. Melissa was not around. Moody and not polite.
Nicos (guy at the kiosk that they want to call an open bar): A guy that is constantly talking to his friends that passing by, acts like he is working hard, but only when Mrs. Melissa is around... And when he serves her coffee in the morning. During that time people who want to order something from him must wait. I have seen a couple waiting for more than half an hour there for him to take their order because Mrs. Melissa was dictating him what to say to the guys from Switzerland aahahahahaha "Nico, why didnt you ask them how they woke up this morning? Now they will go to the next beach. Follow them Nico. Guide them to our beds Nico"...
Cleaning ladies: All they did was staring at us. I never saw them standing... Our room was above their washing machine place... Every time their washing machine went on I felt like an earthequake was happening...
Lady in the kitchen that was washing the plates in breakfast: Mrs. melissa told her that she was gonna be a waitress for the beach next year but only if she would fix her teeth... She had only 3 or 4 teeth in total..... She was telling her this in front of us! LOL
Receptionist: I had to use their visa machine to charge me cause she didnt know how to use it. ahahahaaa
Well i am tired of writing. This is my first review I am writing. I am 35 years old and I have been travelling around the world since I was 18. I was forced to write this in order to protect as many persons consider this place for their vacations.
I hope to save some people from the trouble in satying in this place and RUIN their vacations. STAY AWAY!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In search of a place where your holidays will be unforgettable we have created the Hotel Melissa. The hotel was built inside magical pinewood landscapes of Psakoudia, in the peninsula of Halkidiki. The distance from the seaside is only 75m. In our hotel you can enjoy the atmosphere of hospitality of all our 64 different room types,with kitchenette, the carefully maintained gardens, the swimming pool,the pool bar, our organized beach with sunbeds and water sports, and the restaurant Gold Coast in front of the sea, in the center of Psakoudia! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Melissa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Melissa Psakoudia, Greece - Halkidiki