“A very peaceful place where you can spend your vacation”
Review of Hotel Melissa

Hotel Melissa
Ranked #1 of 1 Psakoudia B&B and Inns
Ploiesti, Prahova, Romania
“A very peaceful place where you can spend your vacation”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed 6 nights in mid September and was a very nice stay. Primarily staff is very helpful and very friendly. It is located very close to the beach and is a very quiet place away from the bustle of the city. Rooms look great and are very clean and neat. Necessarily have to go to Greek night where Ms. Melissa together with staff will welcome you with love and feel good with you. As far as the food is very good and quite varied.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank andrew451

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 8 September 2012

i spent there only 3 nights in the new part of the hotel, the rooms are ok, not beautiful but ok, the food is ok too. But the swimming pool is very very smow. This is not a 3 stars hotel, this is a nice 2 stars hotel and if you don't want to spent too much money for a vacation, you can go there but but don't expect something special. Just nice weather and nice beach.

Room Tip: choose the room in the new hotel part
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank maria_v_george
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Lets begin by mentioning that I have stayed in the past in numerous hotels, apartments, motels and so forth ranged from 2-stars up to 5-stars.. Lets just say that I know what to expect each time I go on vacations based on the secription and the stars from each place i book.

This year me and my girlfriend wanted something average as we were to spend most of our time in "beach hopping" rather than staying at the hotel premises..

Anyway, we booked this "hotel" on line expecting that it would be an average place to crash for a few hours every night, have at least a decent breakfast and head from there to explore Halkidiki's beautiful and fun beaches and scenery..

I will start from the one and only semi-positive comment for this place. Its location. Its situated in between the two "legs" making it easy to visit more places without sepnding too much time in your rental car. Thats it. End of positive things.

From there on:

- THIS IS NOT A HOTEL. It is some rooms next to other rooms. There is nothing to remind you of the term HOTEL as you knew up to now. I will explain below:

- Rooms: The rooms are made in 1821 maximum. The matresses are horrible, the ones they have in prison for sure must be better. My girlfriend had to go for pshysiotherapy when we got home. Sheets? One person sheets even for the "twin" bed. They dont even use plastic bags in the dust bins. Bathroom is a dirty scary separate room. The toilet in there gives you a creepy feeling everytime you feel like using it. Smelly atmosphere and lack of hygiene makes you wanna cry every time you want to go in there. On your way up to your room you can smell all the other rooms toilets cause their windows are in your face :) You want to take a shower? Almost no water :) so think again. You want to use the soap? Oops no soap offered (I didnt mention shower gel or shampoo).. So you better visit the super market and buy your own supplies for this "HOTEL".. Of course no hint for this was mentioned anywhere pror to our booking.. The towels are old, used, and changed every 3-4 days, so please dont use suntan oils during the day if you dont want to spread it all over yourself when you use their towels! The cleaning was made every 3-4 days and do not expect too much. Better do not expect anything from the cleaning process. They had a sign outside the room stating (commanding us is a better word) that A/C should be OFF when you were not in the room and that the greek authorities required that. LOL Oh, A/C was almost dead. Hmmm no. The A/C was dead.

2. Breakfast: The worst things I ever seen in my whole life offered from anyone to me. Literally there was nothing to eat OR drink. They were offering: bread, cheese (2 kinds),cucumber, cheese pie, some biscuits and corn flakes. By reading them you think that they are a lot and I am just exaggerating. If you go there (for your own sake i hope you dont), you will see what I mean. You wanna drink something else than TAP water? There are two machines for various coffees and juices BUT you have to pay extra to use them. Of course not a hint for this was given prior to our stay. You wanna hear somethig funny? The owner of this place. Mrs. Melissa and her mother every morning were having breakfast among us (lets call ourselves "clients"). Specially served table, filter coffee, freshly baked eggs, vegetables and all the stuff that you were excpeting as a decent breakfast were served for her and her mother. Hahaha this was hilarious to watch. I felt so stupid every morning (I stopped having breakfast there after the third day and i refered to go to small coffee shops around the village and pay for a decent start for our day). have I mentioned that, once you had breakfast you had to take your plates to a bench near the kitchen for them to clean?! Remember when you were at school? Yes, exaclty like then. Oh I forgot to share with you, that a relative of Mrs. Melissa - an elderly man - that was having breakfast there every morning, washed his denture (fake teeth) in the basin of the kiosk they have outside in common view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the most shocking incident I have ever watched during my holidays! When another client complained to the guy who was responsible of the kiosk, he only said that the old man was a relative of the owner and that he couldnt do anything about it!!!
Mrs. Melissa in front of us was giving orders to her employees ordering them to follow the newly coming clients from Switzerland in order to make them go to her beach and to not charge for their coffees because they would spend 15 days there and that they would take more money from them if they treat them well at the beginning... IN FRONT OF US!!! At the same time we were next to her!! OMG, while I am writing this review and I think of all those incidents my stomach hurts...

Swimming pool: fake picture. The swimming pool is just 4x5 meters.

Staff:
Mrs. Melissa should retire immediately and sell her business to ANYBODY else. She is incapable of handling a business like that.
Andreas (the handy guy propably a relative of Mrs. Melissa): Spooky, creepy guy that was shouting to other employees when Mrs. Melissa was not around. Moody and not polite.
Nicos (guy at the kiosk that they want to call an open bar): A guy that is constantly talking to his friends that passing by, acts like he is working hard, but only when Mrs. Melissa is around... And when he serves her coffee in the morning. During that time people who want to order something from him must wait. I have seen a couple waiting for more than half an hour there for him to take their order because Mrs. Melissa was dictating him what to say to the guys from Switzerland aahahahahaha "Nico, why didnt you ask them how they woke up this morning? Now they will go to the next beach. Follow them Nico. Guide them to our beds Nico"...
Cleaning ladies: All they did was staring at us. I never saw them standing... Our room was above their washing machine place... Every time their washing machine went on I felt like an earthequake was happening...
Lady in the kitchen that was washing the plates in breakfast: Mrs. melissa told her that she was gonna be a waitress for the beach next year but only if she would fix her teeth... She had only 3 or 4 teeth in total..... She was telling her this in front of us! LOL
Receptionist: I had to use their visa machine to charge me cause she didnt know how to use it. ahahahaaa

Well i am tired of writing. This is my first review I am writing. I am 35 years old and I have been travelling around the world since I was 18. I was forced to write this in order to protect as many persons consider this place for their vacations.

I hope to save some people from the trouble in satying in this place and RUIN their vacations. STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
21 Thank StefanosLoi

Travellers are raving about these Psakoudia hotels

Nis
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I have been to this hotel before 2 weeks in July 2012 with my family.
My comments are intended for other potential guests of this Hotel in order to know what to expect and it is not intended to offend anybody.

So here they are:

First of all it is not an ALL IN Hotel, BUT Rooms with Restaurant away 200 meters from the rooms going through a hilly concrete path of 150 meters ( Not for Children and Elder persons) and rest sandy path of 100 meters - 1st picture as PROOF

Rooms are located only 3 meters next to the main road of Sithonia, which means LOUD nights. 2nd picture as a PROOF!

4. Parking – in a highly open field – 3 rd picture as a proof

Rooms bathroom - plastic curtains washed rarely, 4 from 10 days NO WATER after 6 pm, rest days shower with little water , No remote for TV with snow on the screen. Change of sheets and towels each 3-4 days. Not good Not all In service. – 4,5,6 th picture as a s PROOF !

In order to come from the restaurant to the Beach you have to pass the local road, which is nearby the beach, so I would suggest to keep your children supervised on the beach all the time.

It is advertised as ALL IN hotel.
Before to pay for this rooms - hotel, check what is included and from which to which time in the day.
Our experienced showed that beside some small sandwiches between breakfast and lunch ( when are enough) no other food is included . Ice creams are usually very often requested from kinds after the dinner and in this hotel after 6 pm you have to pay1,5 EUR per ball – this is not ALL IN.
As local drinks , we have been served famous “STEP” instant drink in form of 3 flavours mixed with water and ice, and some local coffee which is far away from standard ones. Also local sodas are not close to taste of Cola or Fanta.
I haven’t tasted spirits so I cannot comment on them.
Fresh water they serve in the restaurant and in the bar is tap water went through some filter, so its not with best quality.
Desert for lunch or dinner, sometimes watermelon or peaches Only.

Swimming pool – water quality by look seems low and hygiene not on satisfactory level. Swimming pool is not as big as it looks on the pictures on the web site.

On one Greek night one Friday, we had to pay 3 EUR per person additional, for the same food they had to serve as a dinner. This is not example for ALL IN, neither for full board.

8. Warning - No Lifeguard on the beach !
On the hotel Beach in the time when i spend the holiday, I had to pay for umbrella and 2 seats total 4 EUR per day. This is Not ALL IN service.

So it is more ALL OUTCLUSIVE than ALL IN “rooms with restaurant”.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank PetarNis
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This place is terrible,rooms is near the road,so you can't sleep at night.Hostess is very unkind and the owner Melissa too.Food is not bad but the kitchenware is not clean enough.The beach and water is beautiful and clean,perfect for kids.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Milica M
Skopje
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My daughter and I, have spent 15 wonderful days in Melissa, Psakoudia. The location is in the pines wood, near to the beach. Staff is very nice, kind, friendly and hospitable. The sea is clean, warm and blue. Everything was so fantastic, with a lot of food, plenty of friendly atmosphere and comfortable rooms. Greek Evening was taking place on Friday with a traditional Greek dances and excellent food. We had a pleasant stay and wonderful moments there.

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank MarijaSkopje
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Having to pay 65€ per night at a room of the not most popular place of Sithonia -Psakoudia- would make someone believe that -at least- basic facilities would be provided...Wrong,wrong,wrong...A bit stinky room -smelly to be accurate- ,with no even soap at bathroom, a half-dead air-conditioning unit, walls made of papper would give you the chance to enjoy nightlife of village and the smell of gas - in the middle of summer- due to some tecnical problem were enough to make me leave earlier than scheduled...At last guys,try to be professionalists...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank 103Fanfan78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psakoudia
Philoxenia Bungalows
#3 of 12 in Kriopigi
Glavas Inn Hotel
Glavas Inn Hotel
#5 of 11 in Gerakini

Been to Hotel Melissa? Share your experiences!