Food was excellent. Service by all the staff in the restaurants, Cafeteria and reception was excellent: a great smile and a 'kalimera' at all times. A great shame that a porter sent by reception to help with a problem raised his voice to us.
Air-con was centrally controlled and set too high relative to the outside temperature. This meant leaving the balcony door open at night and we could hear the traffic along the main road.
We had entertainment on 3 out of the 7 nights only: this is very poor - considering the hotel is a five-star, is 7km from Rethymno and there are no decent bars/entertainment by the hotel.
The gardens are beautiful and well-designed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The legendary Aquila Rithymna Beach fronts the azure 500 m long beach on the north coastal line of Crete. A favorite destination for repeater visitors and vacationers from all over the world, proves the delightful experience of hospitality, sunshine, modern amenities and faultless service. Most of the generous rooms, bungalows and villas housed at the hotel's colorful gardens or at the local style buildings. The resort is specifically aimed at families with children of all ages for magical holidays with plenty of in-house facilities and entertaining activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquila Rithymna Beach Rethymnon
- Hotel Aquila Rithymna Beach
- Rithymna Beach Hotel
- Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel Crete/Rethymnon Prefecture