“Gold city.......gold plated!”

Goldcity Tourism Complex
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Kargicak
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We arrived early hours of Saturday morning, we had paid from the Friday. (AI) When we asked for a coffee they asked for payment, on disputing this they allowed us to get a coffee in the pitch black dinning room.the rooms were lovely could not fault them except why I would need a dish washer, washing machine, oven ect staying in a all inclusive resort ? All though on first glance the resort looked 5 star it was not. The food although nice with a good choice was not five star. I have had better quality at a three star hotel. Also dinner in the all carte was nothing special. I found it unacceptable that the women's toilets were never clened very often, in fact none of the toilets anywhere were none to clean. The mini golf advertised was a disgrace, it was derelict and in a terrible state. We complained about this! The pools were very cold but on hotter days you could get in there. This was not all inclusive as you had to pay at all but one bar.the best food was at the snack bar by the slides. We had to have the doctor to my son and grandson why we were here as they both had ear infections. Although the dr gave treatment, it was the wrong treatment for my grandson of 10 years. He has been to the hospital in England and has a perforated ear drum caused by a pool bug.( no chloride in pools) he now has to have an operation.they had a free shuttle bus to the beach but it was stoney, and the food was not so good at the snack bar there. The supermarket and shops on site were very expensive. There was a paid shuttle bus to Alayna town but be prepared to haggle. My so brought 2 pair jeans, 2 t- shirts and 1 shirt. ( all copy's) it started off at £280 .....my son finished by paying £55. Also the excursions in the hotel were run by Russians with little English. A day trip on the pirate boat for us 7 was £180 . We booked in Alayna harbour and got the same trip for £65 for the 7 of us! And lastly do not buy the perfume it is not the real deal, it's mostly water! Not a bad holiday for the money we paid. But I do not think I would ever go back. The transfers take 3 hours. Which is why it is cheaper than most holidays here. But I would class this as a 3+ hotel not a 5

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice and comfy. And the views are good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JANMARKET
There are newer reviews for Goldcity Tourism Complex

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Travelled with my teenage daughter for a week of sun and chilling out- and that's what we got. I had read the reviews and was aware of a few important things
1. it is isolated- so don't book if you want a lively place where you can walk out to surrounding bars etc
2. it is situated on top of a massive hill so literally you cannot walk anywhere
3. the entertainment was limited, although that may have been because it was low season
4. I must add to the previous comments about the transfer time. I also was told it would be around 90 mins to 2 hrs so almost did not book, but the deal was so good from Broadway, I thought I could bear it. However, we had to wait ages for the transfer bus, ( we also paid for the express shuttle !!) then when it arrived we sat on it for ages as they were waiting for another plane to land and they were picking up more passengers! It took 3 hours so beware !!
So, taking into account these things, did we have a good holiday? YES.
Arrived really late- hot fed, up and thinking what have we landed ourselves in, but check in was swift and we were taken to our room- just as well , as the complex is massive.
The suite was fabulous. We had a bedroom each and a bathroom each, kitchen, lounge , all clean and very spacious- excellent showers by the way.
Pools were fabulous- although we travelled in April and only my daughter was brave enough to go in!
One day it poured with rain, but we went to the indoor pool and spa and had a great time- we booked for a full body massage and hamman and I must say I've been to Turkey before and it was the best I've had, my skin felt lovely afterwards.
Food was fine, no complaints and the a la carte was really nice and right on the top floor, you must go up even if it's for the fantastic views and to see the magnificient chandelier!
We found the staff on reception, especially Janer ,and the lovely girls on customer relations particularly good and very helpful with all queries.
The shuttle bus into Alanya was great- on time and not full, although in peak times it may be different.
Overall we had a really good relaxing holiday but people must know what they want from a holiday before they go and we got what we wanted- lovely rooms, good food, lovely staff, clean hotel, great spa and met people from all different nationalities.
Although we had a really good holiday I would not go back and the ONLY reason is the transfer time- so just be aware!
ps room tip, avoid the east wing over looking the hotel entrance, you don't get the sun and can hear deliveries etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GoldcityManagement, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Goldcity Tourism Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My and my hubby and 2 girls were so pleased of Gold City they had everything we wanted. We went on three days for site seeing our excellent tour guide Ahmet told us about the wonderful places in Alanya and bazaars we enjoyed everyone of them.He even took us to the mosque jazkallah for that brother Ahmet. I really enjoyed the private Turkish bath due to being Muslim and wearing a hijab the spa on the -2 floor arrange a private session it was amazing. We loved the food all the entertainment Turkish night, kids Disco, bingo, comedy night we'll done to the entertainment team Maria, Angel sorry can't remember the others. Nice and clean swimming pool. The family rooms are amazing ever thing u need a washing machine which I had use everyday to wash my cloths. They had even left so much water bottles we never ran out. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants a nice relaxing stress free holiday.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Humera B
GoldcityManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Goldcity Tourism Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest. Thank you very much for the review. We are glad your stay with us caused only positive emotions. We will be happy to see you among our guests in the future and make you feel like home.
Best regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My partner and I visited this hotel in late April for a two week holiday. It was low season so the hotel was not hugely populated but this was not an issue for us. This hotel and it's surroundings are truly breathtaking. The sunset is spectacular. There are a number of swimming pools including a waterpark. The private beach is also a very nice location and there are courtesy busses to and from it. There is also a courtesy bus from the hotel to and from Alanya which is well worth the trip. I would recommend renting a car for a couple of days to see more of the area and this can be done direct from Goldcity. Turkish culture is something everyone should experience. There is also a local market on a Saturday/Monday which promises great shopping oppurtunities. Just be sure to pay well under half what they ask (haggling is essential!) The staff are very helpful with any queries you might have and the food is delicious. If you need a relaxing break I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for the south wing of the hotel. This wing has beautiful sea views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Superted_ed
GoldcityManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Goldcity Tourism Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Guest. Thank you very much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us which means we reached our main goal which is the satisfaction of our guests' needs and wishes.
We will be happy to see you at Goldcity in the nearest future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

One of the best hotels I should say. Everything I saw on the web was very good, but it is even better when you are there. Nice swimming pools, very good traditional food and a dedicated staff. Good geographic position.
Ah i nearly forgot, the holiday could not be fully completed without enjoying the trip to the castle, "Dim Cave", Dim river lunch and boat trip offered by MTS Incoming.
Turkish bath was the thing I just thought I am going to try as I was advised to, but now that is something that no matter how many times I will visit turkey always I will do again. That was also offered by MTS Incoming.
Families with children bear in mind and be prepared (but is worth) that there is quiet a long way from and to Antalya airport (there are close ones so please check).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ZRamaj
GoldcityManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Goldcity Tourism Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Guest. Thank you very much for your review. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will be happy to see you among our guests in the nearest future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have just returned from a weeks all inclusive at the Gold City Resort, and after reading all of the reviews before we went we thought we would share our own!

Its true, the transfer from the airport is a nightmare. We paid extra for a ‘speedy shuttle’ but it still took 3.5 hours on an overcrowded mini bus (with luggage all down the aisle) to get to the hotel. We were feeling pretty hard done by until we spoke to others who had a 5-6 hour journey. We also experienced some problems confirming our transfer back. From speaking to guest relations this is quite a common occurrence with A2B transfers so perhaps we will avoid using them again.

On arrival at the hotel we were very impressed. It certainly is a stunning building. We upgraded to a suite and it was well worth it. An amazing room with stunning views. The facilities in the room (including the Jacuzzi) were second to none and the wine, fruit, dressing gown and slippers were a lovely touch.

The facilities in the hotel were great. There really was plenty to do (which is a good job as you are pretty isolated!) We also took the hotel bus into the city centre one day which was very easy to do and only 3 TL each way. Unfortunately we ran out of time and didn’t get to the beach, but we heard that it was nice and there was a bar and restaurant there that enabled you to still take full advantage of the all inclusive. The pool areas are lovely, but they have started reserving a half of the main pool for ‘owners’. We never saw more than 3 people there in the whole week! It wasn’t a problem for us as there was plenty of space around the pool, but this could be a problem in peek season. We were very amused to find the lifeguard working full time moving people away from the area, oblivious to the kids in the pool!

The staff at the hotel were amazing. The girls at guest relations went out of their way to solve any issues we had immediately. Also a big thank you to Hakan and Bekrin (hopefully I have not offended with my spelling!) at the lobby bar for their company and hospitality. We also had a lot of fun in the Irish pub on site.

I would warn you that although this is no reflection on the very hard working staff at the hotel, there are not enough staff to offer the service you would expect from a ‘5 star’ hotel. For example in the buffet dining room you have to find your own table and in busy periods clear it and find your own cutlery and drinks. This is something I don’t mind doing, but its not the service you would expect at a 5 star- the staff are literally running around but there is not enough of them. The food in the buffet restaurant is also not very warm. I know they keep saying this is resolved but sadly it isn’t, however there is microwave that you can use to heat up your food. We have since discovered that a lot of Turkish food is served at room temperature so perhaps it was just a cultural thing! It’s a shame really as the food was very tasty and there were lots of variety. The puddings were really good too. We ate in the A La Carte a couple of times and it really was great. The food is also nice and fresh/warm at the pool bars.

All in all we had a lovely break. In our opinion it’s so very close to being a 5 star hotel, but just not quite there food and service wise. However we did not pay 5 star prices so it exceeded our expectations! Thanks to everyone at Gold City for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JoHollick
GoldcityManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Goldcity Tourism Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guests. Thank you very much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We would like to inform you that the opinions of our guests are really important for us, therefore you can be sure that your suggestions concerning the personnel and the facilities have been reported to the managers of the departments.
We wish you knew that apart from Antalya there is Gazipaşa International airport which is situated in a 30 minute drive from Goldcity, as well as there is a possibility to arrange an individual transfer directly from our transportation department so that our Guests can arrive in the quickest and the most comfortable way.
We hope to see you among our guests again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

very important - do not book - read the response 1st if you want - it will be the same usual template they use for all 'terrible' response.
1. very true - staff are so so so unfriendly
2. do not book an apartment / villa - the roads & path that lead to the hotel are all uphill struggle especially with buggies & children
3. guest relation desk - absolute liars!!! - pretend they care - they pull out a paper & pen - same response - we will investigate & get back to you... they never do!
4. even if you request a room close or in the hotel - dream on... they will put you atleast 5 / 10 minute drive away - all a uphill climb.
5. shuttle bus - worse service ever - alanya trip - bus driver dropped us wrong side of town - we waited 3 hours in the rain waiting for the bus - ended up paying £20 for a taxi back to the hotel - all drenched inc my 2 babies. went back to the desk - the response i got was - we cannot compensate cab rides as it is not company policy - but it also says in their policy to drop up off at the right place!!!!
i really dont care about their response - take these points into consideration:
- 3 hour drive from antalya airport - google it and see!
- no evening entertainment
- staff are very rude
- you really are stuck when your there - nothing to do but sit in the lobby with all the other guest and check your phone because that is the only place you will get wifi
- apartments have no hot water
- please do not book - you will regret it - find something more nearer to the beach and alanya market - walking distance - you will love it - much more entertaining bazaar closes at midnight
- goldcity shuttle charge 1 euro / 3.5 tl and the last one to pick up from alanya is 11.30 - they will leave you behind if the shuttle is overcrowded - every shuttle that goes alanya is overcrowded - we had to wait 3 hours for a shuttle even with 2 babies.

******* do not book - you will regret - read all 'terrible responses - all from the same template*******************************

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Maksud A
GoldcityManagement, Public Relations Manager at Goldcity Tourism Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Guest. Thank you for the review. We are sad you could see only negative points, we wish we could change your attitude to a holiday.
We would like to inform you that the data on the location of Goldcity is available on all the websites, the agencies have got the factsheets with precise distance as well as there is our own website where it is indicated, we wish you had googled it before booking so it had not caused such a frustration.
The staff employed at our hotel is a professionally trained personnel working with the only aim which is the satisfaction of customer needs.
The information concerning the villas and their location is available at the agencies and on the websites, in case our guests e-mail us before the arrival a wish is of course taken into consideration and is satisfied on condition that there is room/ villa availability.
As you have already mentioned there are buses around the complex so that our guests could reach their villas situated father from the main building with maximum comfort.
The bus to Alanya is a cheaper alternative to a taxi offered to all our guests. According to our records at the period you mentioned there were not any complaints by other guests concerning the Alanya bus, we especially checked the information with the Transportation department, and as all the buses are equipped with GPS system there were not any mistakes with the Alanya bus stops or times due to GPS records all the buses stopped exactly on the bus stops and according to the timetable indicated.
We wish you knew there is Gazipaşa international airport situated in a 30 min drive from our hotel as well as there is an opportunity to order an individual transfer directly from Goldcity to minimize the distance from the airport.

The entertainment available for our guests is the club dance and the activities by the Olympic pool, aerobics, gymnastics,table tennis, evening shows and live music for the adults as well as evening mini-discos for the children, mini-club functions for the kids from 10:00 a.m to 5 p.m every day. There are also water sports on the beach, Gold Cable park and Goldcity Sport complex, Game Land gives the opportunity to play billiards, bowling, various types of game machines are available for kids and teenagers there. The Aquapark is a good way of spending time for all the categories of our guests. It is a pity you selected sitting in the Lobby and surfing the Internet. We would like to add that Wi-Fi is also available in the hotel rooms.
All the points mentioned above are indicated in the hotel concept sheets given to every guest on the arrival.
Goldcity Management.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kargicak
White City Resort Hotel
#1 of 13 in Kargicak
SENTIDO Gold Island
SENTIDO Gold Island
#180 of 373 in Alanya

Been to Goldcity Tourism Complex? Share your experiences!