We have just returned from a two week holiday here . The views are to die for and our accommodation was really spacious and nice. Maid service was excellent as were the Animation team around the pool etc. We were on a family holiday but have to say we were glad to come home. The amount of rude people we came across was ridiculous to say the least. They pushed in front at meal times, pushed and reserved seats on the shuttle bus so others couldn't sit down. Reserved sun beds and never appeared for hours. The marble floors were soaking daily with kids and adults walking through the hotel straight from the pool, which was extremely dangerous. There were also rude people shouting their orders for drinks ahead of the Brits and getting served by the staff, which made it worse. I wish I could say the staff were a joy...but unfortunately that was not the case. There are a few that are polite. My 15 year old daughter hated being "leered " at in the dining room and also by photographers by the pool. This could be a marvellous place to go for a holiday, but you really need to take a look at the way things are and do something about it....NOW. I also watched a photographer take a child from a sunbed while mum wasn't looking (which was a real worry) The mum had booked photos to be taken the day before and now this guy thought it was ok to just take somebody's child....NO it's not ok. The mum was panicking as she thought the little 3yr old girl had gone into the pool and was going about looking for her. My daughter and I saw it happen and were able to tell her who had taken her. As you can imagine she was not at all happy. So all I can say is, watch your kids and young daughters. We were All Inclusive and wish we hadn't because the food was luke warm every single day and really not catering for the British traveller at all. One day a young lad was sick at the entrance to the toilets near the pool and my daughter told reception as people were walking through it is bare feet and flip flops, but it was never disinfected or closed for cleaning and then a few moments after this event an elderly man blew his nose with his fingers beside the sunbeds........Absolutely Disgusting..... Drinks were often warm and no fizz. We asked to pay to keep our room as we were not leaving til evening and were told it was not possible, so did they have a room for guests to get washed and changed then, oh yes you can use the spa facilities they said. Well the whole changing area and shower area was a disgrace, it was smelly and needed a good clean and then the hairdryer didn't work. Think this was disgraceful as we paid a lot of money for our holiday and this place just did not meet our expectations. To not even have a room for people to freshen up in to go home is just not right .
I want to write good things about this place....but I just can't.
You have a prime location, you should be looking after it and your guests.....From ALL COUNTRIES, not just Russia and Germany etc. The hotel is looking tired inside and out and is certainly not worthy of 5 Stars.
Be warned of the LONG,LONG transfer.
Sorry to say we won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world of its own that sits on an area of 211.677 M². On the top of the hill sits the impressive luxury hotel which comprises Deluxe Rooms and Luxury Hotel Apartments / Suites. Within the hotel grounds there are clusters of beautiful villas and apartments. Goldcity is equally appealing for holidays and for residential use and we have a variety of freehold property types available for sale, including Detached Villas with private pool, Apart Villas & Penthouses or Luxury Hotel Apartments in the main building. Goldcity is a perfect place to holiday or to invest in your own holiday home. Real estate sales are being continued.Our luxury family suites provide unique opportunity to experience hotel and apartment living at the same time. GOLDCITY offers 5 star luxury family suites, with a choice of one, two and three bedrooms and penthouses.They are superior first class fully furnished suites which consist of generously oversized and luxury living accommodation with sea and/or mountain view. These suites equipped with upscale comforts and modern amenities and all have household appliances and cooking facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Goldcity Tourism Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldcity Tourism Complex Hotel Kargicak
- Goldcity Tourism Complex Alanya
- Goldcity Tourism Complex Hotel Alanya
- Goldcity Tourism Complex Turkey/Antalya Province