“Overall not a bad experience”
Review of Drita Hotel

Drita Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Kargicak
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Ok, so I just got back from a weeks stay at the drita with my partner so will categorise various aspects or simplicity:

Transfer - yes it is very long.. And hot! On the plus side though, if you take a resort hoppa bus, it's a mini thing so not to overloaded with loads of people.

First impressions - we arrived in the early hours and found the staff very helpful. Out luggage was taken to our room and they opened the restaurant for us to eat a little before bed. It was literally only cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce lol but was a nice thought all the same.

Rooms - our first room was awful! Be careful what you ask for as we asked for a view of the pool and literally ended up ON the pool side with sliding patio doors leading onto the pool that didn't lock and air con that didn't work!! We also got twin beds despite asking for a double :-/ I hadn't realised we had paid for a 'budget' room so they allowed us to move to another room and pay the difference the next day (which worked out at about £80). The new room was on the 5th floor and overlooked the beach... Plus had a double bed. All in all the rooms were ok. The maid service was great.. We only asked for the room to be done twice in the week and simply changed our towels on a 3rd day but when they did clean it, the job was extremely thorough and they made the towels into swans, put my bf's glasses on one of their faces (which I thought was hilarious) and put a pretty pink bow on our door. The shower doesn't drain well at all so it's a struggle to shower properly and you have to wait a while before the next person goes in.

Food - OMG there is so much food!! It just never ends! There is a big salad bar, various different meats served every day along with a selection of breads and pasta. The amount of wastage is shameful! You do have to queue for a good 5 mins every meal time as everyone rushes to the restuarant but trust me, there is MORE than enough for everyone! The head chef is adorable. He's a slightly older man who is constantly smiling and walking around the restaurant checking on everything. The desserts.... Oh god please put me on a diet right now! The beach bar serves food all afternoon also (usually burger and chips), so on occassion if you don't fancy heading indoors, you can just eat there. There's also a selection of sweet or savoury pancakes cooked on a skillet outside mid morning if you miss breakfast. As if that's not enough, there is also 'late night soup' at 11:30!!

Drinks - on the all inclusive, there is red and white wine, gin, vodka and I think whiskey?? Mixers are all obvs included along with coffee, tea and liptons ice tea. The measure of spirits are deadly mind!

Entertainment - very good if you have kids I imagine.. For adults there is nothing. A disco starts every night at midnight but the free drinks end at this time so you could end up massively out of pocket going there every night. There was a beach party on one night that looked really good fun but again you had to pay to go in and then just one free drink . Kind of wish we had gone there now though as it did look fun!

Local things to do - there are very cheap buses Into Alanya but taxis are expensive. We hired a car for the day which was about £60 with air con and sat nav so travelled out within an hour and a half radius but if you don't have transport, you're really stuck by the pool or bar!

Beach and pool - it's a stoney beach but still nice. The water is really warm and the drinks are still flowing on the AI beach bar ;-) we found that it was easy to grab a Loungr on the beach but poolside was full with reserved towels by 8:30! This suited us as there were tons of screaming kids by the pool every day.

Staff -we really found the staff incredibly friendly! I don't understand a lot of reviews re: it not being geared towards the English. There are a lot of staff that speak English and some who don't but they will always try to help you. I expected the service to be dreadful after reading g reviews but it
Really wasn't at all. However, I believe if you are pleasant to people, you will get it back. Yes, there at a lot of Russia and German guests but look at a map! If you want more of a mix, perhaps go more to the west of the island!

Amenities - there are a couple of shops selling snacks and souvenirs including some knock off clothing. There is a gym which we were extremely disappointed in as this was the main reason we chose the resort. The equipment is rusty, broken and the air con is really poor so being that it is situated next the the Turkish bath area, that really doesn't help! The Turkish bath experience was good but be warned ladies... The guy massaging me took my bikini top off without checking that I was ok with it and it was very uncomfortable. My advice would be to make it very clear from the off that you want to stay fully clothed if this bothers you. I'm not sure if it's common practice but I wasn't impressed.

Overall it was a nice break and the hotel wasn't of a bad standard. I would say it needs a little Investment in areas but it looks as though they read reviews on here and try to improve upon the feedback so that deserves a thumbs up! I did like it but don't think I would return at all. In hindsight. I would have maybe paid a few hundred pounds more and gone for somewhere a little more luxurious with a lot less kids!!

Room Tip: Make sure you don't have a poolside room as the security is a worry and the noise I would imagin...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank supabird2
There are newer reviews for Drita Hotel

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have now visited the Hotel Drita three times and would say
its worth the long road journey from Antalya Airport because it
is a super family hotel,plenty of good food and refreshment,
The staff are friendly and helpful

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank Harold P
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My girlfriend and I went to this hotel in April for 2 weeks.
On arriving at reception we were surprised at how lovely room looked as we got it pretty cheap.
We had a pool view/sea view room which was awesome.
The lobby was stunning as it had just been refurbished, plenty of comfortable seating.
The pool area was always kept clean and plenty of sunbeds to choose from.
The walk way to beach via hotel ground which took us onto the private area of beach where there was a beach bar which was included with the all inclusive for drinks and snacks.
Again plenty of sunbeds to choose from.
The entertainment staff were great for kids and adults alike.
I participated in a game of dizzy darts and won a cocktail :D

Outside down the road there was an array of shops and restaurants with lots of friendly staff.
Although watch out for the shop owners trying to rip you off, we found as we got further down the street things got cheaper.

A few negative points

The transfer from the airport was around 3 hours which was not exactly made clear prior to going and this came as a bit of a shock.

The staff in the hotel could barely speak English, it is designed for Germans and Russians so expect to be mistaken for German.
Although this gave us peace and quiet because no one in hotel could understand us.

The walkway between the beach and the hotel was often flooded, be prepared to have to cross the busy dual carriageway.

The guy from spa was a nightmare, he harassed us every day into going a Turkish bath/massage he wouldn't take no for an answer and just kept pestering us.
We eventually agreed to go and to be totally honest it was amazing and definitely worth the money for the experience although do haggle the price as these are not fixed and can be easily lowered.

Overall it was a nice holiday and if I could handle the transfer again I would not hesitate to return.

Tip - Ask the hotel staff for a bus timetable as they are really cheap buses into Alanya

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view/sea view as 50% of the hotel overlooks the road behind.
6  Thank Bobby C
Reviewed 17 May 2014

It was a great stay in the Drita Hotel. The weather was perfect and sunny every day. I would like to say special thank you to the animation team! Bobo, Selim, Nico and the rest of you guys made our stay full of fun. The food was excellent. Lots of variety. Tasty, tasty, tasty. Big thank you to the kitchen team!!!! The hotel was very clean and the housekeeping team cleaned our room every day with a high standard. We had an amazing see view from our windows, beautiful sunsets... happy times. We did make a professional photo session with a photo service available at the hotel. Very beautiful and professional photos near the sea side and in the garden. Highly recommend! Really enjoyed the sauna facilities available downstairs. The only minus was a lack of choice for the alcoholic drinks. But overall - a very nice stay.

7  Thank Daiga B
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is not our first trip to Turkey as we go to Mamaris every year, this was a birthday gift so was really looking forward to it as our love of Turkey.
Firstly we arrived after a 2hr transfer at 4am, the guy came out to take our bags spoke a little English but was helpful when we asked if we could have a coffee and he did offer us something to eat. The lady at the desk spoke even less English, but we got checked in and decided to go to bed for a couple of hrs before breakfast.
Breakfast was nice and plenty to eat, but it then dawned on us that this was not a place for the English as was over run with Germans & Russians who dominated the place and were extremely rude when we tried to converse with them, eventually we came across another English family who had been there nearly a week and said we were the first people who had spoken to them.
After breakfast the entertainment staff would ask who wants to play volley ball on the beach we said we would, what a mistake, we thought it would be a laugh but how wrong were we, if we dropped the ball the Germans were not happy you thought we were playing for high stakes, hence we never got involved in any other activities, as the same happened with the shooting games, my husband was sidelined to accommodate the Germans and Russians, so again we declined any further activity, but then we would be hassled everyday by the entertainment team to play games when all we wanted to do was chill and relax, and I forgot to mention when we did take part they would not speak hardly any English so we felt quite isolated.
Food was ok and hotel was ok, but we were not allowed to take any drinks back to our room not even a coffee!!!
The place is also quite out the way so at night time there was nothing to do, like walk to shops and bars, you can take a bus to Alanya which we did on several occasions just to get out the place.
On the whole there were some lovely staff there who themselves said the Germans and Russians were very rude and that it was a shame there were not more English people, we made the best of a bad deal, but would certainly not be going back, roll on June when we are back in Marmaris.

5  Thank Lilmisschuckles
Reviewed 24 April 2014

been in Drita hotel in October 2012 and i loved it!
Animation team great! mini disco for kids at nights, and after that some entertainment for older guests.
close to the beach! staff was friendly, and food was served fresh and tasted good as well! nothing to complain about!

Room Tip: good room? top floor are VIP`s rooms, but they all look the same been in for one night and standard...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank AnnaaK93
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great hotel, I have been at this hotel several times and would definitely recommend to spend your holidays here. Hotel this year renovated and looks even more beautiful than before. Everything was just perfect. Staff very polite and friendly, rooms are tidy and cosy. Food is delicious as well as various. Many dishes to choose from traditional Turkish to fish and chips. Hotel based not far from city Alanya which is very impressive specially at evening time. Entertainment team doing great job, you not going to have time to feel bored. Range of games during day time. I didnt have any issues during the stay. Overall perfect hotel for sunny holidays.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank naty b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kargicak
Dinler Hotels - Alanya
#8 of 373 in Alanya
Utopia World Hotel
Utopia World Hotel
#2 of 13 in Kargicak

Been to Drita Hotel? Share your experiences!