We chose to berth here for 2 nights during Easter, as we have stayed at the Anchorage Resort before and wanted to experience the Marina berthing accommodation. The rates were impressive for such a beautiful establishment, our boat was offered a prime position which allowed easy access to the open waters of Port Stephens. There is a large population of resident dolphins off Corlette and they didn't disappoint. We saw them every day we went out. The Marina itself is looking a little tired - I remembered beautiful fresh oiled decks and smooth timber boardwalks, but they have aged to reveal some rather weathered areas that hold the odd splinter, so best to wear shoes. There is no wi fi or Foxtel to each berth, however it is available in the small guest lounge, which also houses a great coffee maker, hot chocolate etc, all free to overnight guests.
We did enjoy the fabulous pool, spa and sauna facilities of the Anchorage Resort and were pleased to see things were still very well looked after. The Resort restaurant, Merrett's - was beyond our budget this trip, but still remains a huge name in fine dining at Port Stephens and for good reason.
The ambience of the Marina at night is simply divine and has to be experienced. Gracious Hamptons-style architecture against a dark green, densely vegetated hillside, soft lights illuminating the glassy waters of the Marina - all framed by the starriest sky I have seen in years. Entering and exiting each day was simple, there is a breakwall that offers limited protection form passing boats, but there are no tidal issues so you can come and go as you please. Pumping out was easy and they offer a small discount on fuel.
A really great place to shelter if you are passing through Port Stephens and luxury accommodation if you want some time off the water. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Accommodation by the Sea. All 80 rooms and suites have an individual balcony or porch, most with unobstructed views over Port Stephens. At Anchorage Port Stephens we are large enough to provide you with superb guest facilities but small enough to ensure your stay is intimate and relaxed. Only two and a half hours drive from Sydney,Anchorage Port Stephens is the perfect seaside weekend escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Anchorage Port Stephens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Anchorage Port Stephens Hotel Corlette
- Peppers Anchorage Hotel Port Stephens
- Peppers Anchorage Resort Port Stephens
- Anchorage Port Stephens Corlette