We recently had two nights at Anchorage which is ideally located on the picturesque water’s edge of Corlette Point.
Our room was on the ground floor with its own outdoor patio and looked out over both the waters of Port Stephens and the Anchorage Marina.
The room itself was very spacious (with a king bed), although some of the furnishings were a bit tired and the bathroom was in need of a makeover, although shower pressure was excellent. Having said that, the room was very clean and it is also worth mentioning that the owners are currently in the process of working through the refurbishment of all rooms within the complex in various stages.
A couple of issues that management should consider addressing are the fact that there were no instructions in the room on how to use the TV & internet (had to contact reception) and there was also no TV channel listing. Also, whilst Wi-Fi is available in the rooms, the cost is totally exhorbitant (minimum half day $15; 1 day $30) with not even an hourly rate available. In this day and age, most progressive places around the world are now offering such a service at no cost.
Within the complex, there is the Captains Bar lounge area which overlooks the marina and water and is ideal for relaxation and / or a night cap, whilst the restaurant (Merretts Restaurant) offers superb fine dining. My wife and I enjoyed an absolutely wonderful three course meal, however it should be noted that bookings are essential.
Staff service throughout our stay could not be faulted, whilst parking is readily available.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and once all rooms have been renovated, would strongly recommend. It is also hoped Management address the TV and Wi-Fi matters mentioned above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Accommodation by the Sea. All 80 rooms and suites have an individual balcony or porch, most with unobstructed views over Port Stephens. At Anchorage Port Stephens we are large enough to provide you with superb guest facilities but small enough to ensure your stay is intimate and relaxed. Only two and a half hours drive from Sydney,Anchorage Port Stephens is the perfect seaside weekend escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anchorage Port Stephens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Anchorage Port Stephens Hotel Corlette
- Peppers Anchorage Hotel Port Stephens
- Peppers Anchorage Resort Port Stephens
- Anchorage Port Stephens Corlette