“Great food, great service”

Grenny's Seawater Cafe
Ranked #19 of 109 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Canberra
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had lunch and dinner at Grenny's recently. Lunch was delicious - light and fresh. We enjoyed it so much we went back for dinner as a group of eight people. The food was excellent, the bill more than reasonable and the staff coped extremely well with our group AND a pretty much simultaneous group of 18 - no mean feat. Thoroughly recommended.

• Visited July 2013

Sandy Creek Qld
“You know your in the wrong place when,”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We attended on a Sunday afternoon. The restaurant was not busy by any means. We ordered drinks and perused the menu. There was quite a delay in the drinks coming but the beer was cold and there was a reasonable selection. We ordered a antipasto for starters and I have never been served an antipasto in a large dessert type dish before. Wrong place? The antipasto it self was not good. meat selection was almost non existant (tough corned silverside predominant) wrong place? I had to attend the servery to have some paper serviettes at the table. Wrong place? We ordered the calamari. Tasteless but tender. Wrong place? Wine list ok but no concessions for orderin by the bottle as a bottle is dearer than buying the same wine by the glass. Wrong place? $140.00 later and difficulty in getting an itemised account is unsatisfactory. Wrong place? All in all not a satisfactory experience and based on this visit not recommended.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“pretty peeved with chef”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I ordered an antipasto entree last Sat night 21/9/13 and couldn't cut through the silverside with my knife, so tried to cut in a different area of the piece of meat. Again I couldn't cut it so I picked it up & tried to take a bite. I couldn't even bite through it so I let the waitress know that it was impossible to slice, even showing her my bite marks. She told the chef & his response was "that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the meat and that was that"! Even the waitress was embarrassed bringing back this reply and said that others had complained also but the chef would not listen. I would have been quite happy if I had been given another slice of ham or something as a replacement. I also discovered near the end of my dish that the avocado was missing from the plate. Bad form I say and won't return. Cathy, Gold Coast

2 Thank Paul H
Sydney, Australia
“SO GOOD WE RETURNED!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We wandered into Grenny's for a late lunch while holidaying in Noosaville and it was a lovely surprise. The service was helpful and friendly and, despite being on a busy road, the atmosphere was good. We shared a Caesar Salad, which was very good, and then had fish 'n chips and tempura prawns. It was so good we returned for a repeat a couple of days later.

Would definitely go again next time we are in the area.

Noosa, Australia
“Ok but a little disappointed”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Six of us went on a Mid week night we all ordered the Oysters in various forms and they were declared delicious. Our mains arrived and we enjoyed there were mixed opinions, but for the price of the Mains we expected more, and I suppose I was a bit disappointed. Their use to be a Grennys in Hasting Street many years ago and that was first class, maybe I was expecting too much, but I did believe it was the same people. Being a midweek night the staff seemed anxious for us to leave, we were not offered anything else and after a while we just asked for our account.

• Visited April 2013