“Cannot get served”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Cannot get served”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I'm a local and eat out a lot. I never go into Grennys when it's busy but even when it isn't I cannot manage to be served, at least not in ten minutes which is about when I have to leave to go somewhere else because I'm, er... hungry. I've given Grennys three chances, but cannot even get a coffee or a greeting let alone food.

Visited October 2013

Adelaide, Australia
“Best seafood platter”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

First time at Grennys it was highly recommended and didnt dissapoint the Seafood Platter was one of the best we have had Service was also excellent

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Persian Lamb”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Persian Lamb was delicious, service great. Four of us had a lovely lunch on Friday Oct 4th 2013. all of us very happy with the food we had.

• Visited October 2013
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“But lacks consistency!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Being a regular visitor to Noosaville, my friend and I quite often go to Grenny's for breakfast or lunch. I have to say there is a distinct lack of consistency in the quality of service and food presentation Grenny's provide. For example, the first time we visited I couldn't fault our breakfast or the service, except to say that the serving of lamb's fry and bacon was small compared to what I received the other day; the recipe and presentation varied considerably. The same inconsistency has occurred with the egg dishes. As for the service, generally it is good, but it takes too long for the initial coffee or tea to come to the table after ordering. Last visit I noted that people who were seated and ordered after us received their coffee well before we received ours. That is really not good enough. The barista should be queueing the orders; not just doing the easy ones first. Quality of service largely depends on the staff on duty at the time. On my last visit I did notice some diners becoming edgy about the time it was taking from ordering to delivery of the meal. Yes, they were busy and it was holiday time, but I have experienced such delays when there they were not so busy. All I can say is "get your act together Grenny" and start giving your customers the attention they deserve and they will keep coming back. For me, I won't be going back there for a while; 5 visits in the last 3 weeks has given me this insight to the inconsistency and I have downgraded my rating accordingly. On the upside, if you are a one off visitor, then Grenny's is good value for money.

• Visited October 2013
Canberra
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had lunch and dinner at Grenny's recently. Lunch was delicious - light and fresh. We enjoyed it so much we went back for dinner as a group of eight people. The food was excellent, the bill more than reasonable and the staff coped extremely well with our group AND a pretty much simultaneous group of 18 - no mean feat. Thoroughly recommended.

• Visited July 2013