“This has now become our Fish and Chips of choice in Noosa”
Review of Red Emperor

Red Emperor
Ranked #35 of 111 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Fish and chips
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We currently take a yearly trip to Noosa and after a bit of Trial and error we have ended up making the Red Emperor our regular. We took friends along this time and they enjoyed it too. Highly recommend this if you are looking for taste and resonable price.

There are newer reviews for Red Emperor

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Just what you want fish and chips to be. We had one fish in batter, the other in crumbs, accompanied by some tasty potato scallops and golden crunchy chips. The service was friendly and efficient. We took them over the road and sat at a table overlooking the Noosa River. A perfect no fuss, no frills meal.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I know, it's only fish and chips, but I like it.

It's not often I would take the trouble to write a review about a fish and chip shop, but this one is something special. It is obviously a very popular eating den in Noosaville, but they turn out a really magnificent meal in very quick time. The place is obviously well organised and managed.

The food, as well as being on time, was probably the best serve of fish and chips I can ever remember having. a thick piece of Barra cooked to perfection, and a liberal serve of 'real' chips.

I would return to Red Emperor again without hesitation. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have read the five poor reviews and all I can say is that sometimes it happens. There are three musts in Noosa - "Maisy's Seafood and Steakhouse", The Noosa Surf Lifesaving Club and "The Red Emporer".
They have real potato chips, not those "factory" ones. They have real prawn cutlets, not those precooked ones.
My first fish meal this year was small but it obviously did not shrink in the fryer, if you want a big piece - point to a big piece.
My wife is a foodie and just loves salad (rabbit food) and it is always crisp, even late at night.
I highly recommend this fish shop and do not forget to take some glasses and a bottle of wine, cross the road and eat it at The Billion Star Restaurant.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The fish was a little watery, we did have the mixed fish so cheapest on the menu and the chips werent great. I did love the calamari though!