“Simply the best - the food cannot be faulted”

Little Humid Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our two meals at Humid were, without doubt, the highlight of this visit to Noosaville. The food is, quite simply, superb.

I’d read about Humid for some time so I was delighted to hear that they’d moved to Gympie Terrace, but frustrated that every time I looked for their website to see the menu it said ‘new website coming soon’.

However, we made a dinner booking as soon as we looked at the menu. On arrival we were immediately made welcome and offered alternative seating as it was a windy and rainy night. For entrees I chose stuffed zucchini flowers with smoked fish (trout?) which was full of delicate flavours and totally delicious. He chose the rabbit pie mainly because I’d read so much about it at the old Humid. He enjoyed it but it didn’t match the hype I’d given it. My fault! He thought the pastry could have been lighter.

For mains I had a veal scallopini dish which was professionally executed and most enjoyable. He had the duck confit which he rated outstanding.

The service was friendly, relaxed and efficient and the timing between courses was absolutely perfect as was the wine service. I also enjoyed watching the calm of the very busy kitchen which produced such outstanding food.

The restaurant is fully licensed and I would recommend Humid’s own label wines, which are good and excellent value, as a way of keeping costs down.

The food was so good we booked again before we left that night.

Our second visit was just as good – if not better.

This time I had tempura prawns to start – they were just perfect as was the duck confit I had as my main. I enjoyed every mouthful. He had pork belly and scallops as an entree and steak as a main. Both were pronounced outstanding. We shared duck fat roasted potatoes which included roasted garlic and olives – very tasty.

I wish I had a menu to refer to so I could give more detail of the dishes we enjoyed – hurry up and put that menu online guys!

Without a doubt these were the two most enjoyable meals we had on this visit. We just love Little Humid, its staff and its food. We’d highly recommend it to anyone and will be returning soon. In fact we’ll pre-book before we leave NZ if I can find an email address online!

3  Thank nzlilibet

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This part of Noosa has back-to-back restaurants so we were spoiled for choice. We made the right choice- the food was great. Steaks were perfectly cooked and presented with a jus that I wish I had the recipe for. The fish was declared to be the best we'd had in yonks. The desserts were irresistible and very fancy. This was not a cheap night out by any means, but it was a good one. The memory lingers.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We have dined at this restaurant many many times in the almost 10 years they have been established. We have never once been disappointed and this occasion lived up to every expectation.
From the iconic Tempura Prawns, the succulent pork belly and scallops to the confit duck breast, every dish was just perfect.
Mary at front of house is fabulous as are her staff. Michelle runs a tight kitchen and her menu selections, balance of flavours and attention to detail are exemplary.
We cannot wait for our next culinary experience at Little Humid.
Make sure you book well in advance as the secret is well and truly out!

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Great flavours and combinations. Menu is a bit pricey but food is very good, flavours are enduring, service is solid and friendly and seaside ambience is very comfortable.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We went there for the main course only. Then we saw the menu and had the entrees. After the mains, our second stomachs alerted us to extra capacity... So we indulged in sweets as well. All courses were sublime. So good for the soul this place. Way best in Noosaville!

1  Thank wolfsbite