“Great food,slow service”

Raj Indian Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 111 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Raj Indian Restaurant, awarded the best new restaurant in Sunshinecoast Queensland2010,Authentic Indian food served from Mild to Hot,Traditional charcoal fired Tandoor oven gives flavour to Tandoor dishes.Relaxed atmosphere and great service.In a short time have become favourite of locals and tourists.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was recommended to us by a friend of my wife.We got take away and while the food was fantastic,the front counter service was very slow.I must have waited nearly 5 minutes with one person ahead of me getting their order.The problem seems to be the manager? writes the take away orders,does the phone orders and organizes the patrons orders while a waiter is standing doing nothing.Very frustrating.At least when it was my turn the manger said it would take 30 minutes.At least he got that reasonably right.(was 40 minutes) Food was yummy though.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful food - best we have actually ever been to! Quality was great along with the friendly service :)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I reviewed Raj in mid 2011 and it was very good. My recent return visit was much less so.

Visiting with family from overseas I was anticipating a similar enjoyable evening, but was disappointed pretty much from being seated. In a virtually empty restaurant you should not have to take your wine to the counter to request it be opened (and only after waiting a good 10-15 minutes). It appeared that staff were more interested in servicing the steady stream of takeaway than providing service to their own café guests - this is not acceptable.

A further lengthy wait ensured until our entrees arrived. These were good and service from a new waitress changed things for the better for the rest of the evening. However, the big disappointment was the arrival of the mains (4 x curries - prawn, chicken, beef and lamb). Unfortunately the flavours were quite bland and a real disappointment to all in our party.

Overall the experience was sufficiently negative that I will not return any time soon. There are numerous Indian cuisine options between Noosa junction and Noosaville. I will vote with my feet and attend another one next time.

1  Thank martyjoe
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We visited here a couple if times it was excellent . Very basic but good and service excellent . It's BYO and food is very well priced . We will go back ❤️

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We picked this restaurant somewhat at random on a street with eight or nine restaurants. We were just looking for some reasonably good food fairly late on a Sunday evening. We were pleasantly surprised. The menu was the standard Indian restaurant offerings but the preparation and spicing set it well apart from its peers. The food was delicious. The wine list was modest and reasonably priced. One thing in particular impressed me. I noticed that they had three different dal dishes offered as mains among their vegetarian selections but it wasn't offered as a side dish. I was having chicken for a main but I quite like dal. I asked if it was possible to get a side of dal and the immediate reply was: "Of course." Nice people, good service, comfortable place, great food; full marks.