“Friendly and helpful”

Ranked #6 of 111 Restaurants in Noosaville
Price range: US$20 - US$29
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to La Riviera Bistro! Frederic cooks french traditional meals from our beautiful country for lunch and dinner and we have a selection of French Drinks; from traditional Aperitifs, to wines, beers, sparkling and of course Digestifs... We are a small venue of 35 seats on the Noosa River by the Colonial Resort, 239 Gympie Terrace, located on a upper level from the foot path, so keep your eyes up and look for the blue/white/red Umbrellas. We are open Wednesday to Sunday for Lunch and Dinner. As we are the owners operating the business, we occasionally close throughout the year, please look up on our website or Facebook page for more details. We look forward in welcoming you!
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stopped in here to find the place booked out for a function. I was allowed to order and as the big party were starting to leave they were happy for me to stay to eat. The food was lovely and fresh and the coffee excellent. All the staff were helpful and welcoming.
A great way to start my holiday.

1  Thank Pam P
There are newer reviews for La Riviera Bistro

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The friendly new French owners have expanded the menu of this little cafe which produces excellent French food in the evening. Reasonable menu prices coupled with being totally byo mean very good value for money.

We went twice on this visit. The first time we had Garlic Prawns and Pate and Terrine Maison for entrees and shared dishes. Both were absolutely first class. For mains I had Boeuf Bourguignon and he had the Lamb and Speck Casserole. We had no trouble demolishing our choices - they were very good. We shared sides of green vegetables and potatoes gratin.

On our second visit we decided to share the Pate and Terrine for a starter. It’s a most generous dish served with plenty of good French bread.

For mains this time I chose the Roasted Pork fillet with Apple and Mustard sauce, while he chose the Bouillabaisse. They were both pleasant, but to be honest they were a disappointment compared with our meals on the first occasion.

We shared Crepes Suzettes for a dessert.

We like this little restaurant and think it offers different food and excellent value. We recommend it and will eat there again when we next visit Noosaville. Make sure you book – it is only tiny and is very popular, so it’s best to go early and order before the kitchen gets too busy.

2  Thank nzlilibet
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Small and unassuming, this cafe/restaurant has good coffee, the best mille-feuille I've tasted, and a happy atmosphere. We dropped in for morning tea but went back for dinner that night. The coq au vin, beouf bourgignon and fish were unquestionably French but with a lighter touch that suited our palates. Service by the French owners (one of whom is the chef) was excellent and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Initially we dismissed La Riveria, as it looks like a cafe and we were after an evening meal. After a walk around Noosaville and seeing endless "Pizza and Pasta" joints, we headed back to try out luck. We were very glad that we did. The French hostess and owner immediately explained to us that this was home styled French food, and that the food was simple and good, and it was. We had the pate, sadly better than mine, and the snails for entree, under $15 each. For main we had Bouillabaisse and Confit of Duck with delicious orange sauce, both in the mid $20 range. The duck and the pate were the standout dishes, but it was all delicious. The chef came out and discussed the pate recipe with me and he was as personable as his lovely wife. Thank you so much, best meal I have had out in ages.

2  Thank pennie k
Reviewed 21 May 2014

What a place! We recently visited with my young (fussy) son and we were blown away by the service, location and the food. We all ate different things and they were all fantastic. The service is second to none and my son felt valued as they did everything they could to accommodate his rather non adventurous palate.
The food is something else, fresh, flavoursome and French. From the seafood special to the tender cuts of meat, we all enjoyed ourselves immensely.
Save room for dessert though, this is also a patisserie of significant quality. (I had previously bought a chocolate indulgence to serve as my wife's birthday cake... these guys are good!)
We love this place and will return for sure. Make sure you book.