“visit from Argentina”
Review of Sandy Court

Sandy Court
Reviewed 5 April 2011

our intetion was spend one night,and we keep 3 as the place was lovely and the owner very nice,he help us know the better places at Noosa,and also recomend where spend time,shop and visit.my family and me are very greatfull

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank TITODUARTE

Reviewed 21 June 2010

My wife & I stayed here, after cancelling our booking @ Novotel Twin Waters,due to the bad reviews,on Tripadvisor.I found Sandy Court, on "lastminuteaccomodation.com.au" & were glad we did. We stayed in the Studio unit, which is actually a room that has been built onto the side of the Main Office & paid $69.00 per night. Look,its not the Taj Mahal,of Noosa, but we had no problems,with the accomodation. The room was clean (the couch had a few dirty marks on it, but that was ok),it had a wardrobe,tv, kettle,bowls,crockery & cutlery,fridge but no cooking facilities.The combined toilet/bathroom was clean & quite large. Sandy Court is in a nice quiet spot,has undercover parking, a pool & Guest laundry, & is about a 300m walk to the beach. If you want a good, cheap place to stay,in Noosa,I'd be quite happy to recommend Sandy Court.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank may58
Reviewed 26 April 2010

This place is great value, basic accommodation
The location is brilliant - just off the main drag in Noosaville - 2 mins walk from restaurants, cafe's and the river boats where you can hire kayaks, canoes and boats or take a ferry up to Hastings Street.
The unit we stayed in was perfectly clean and looked after but is as I have said, pretty basic - fairly ugly looking decor and a rather average shower (height and water pressure not so good). Bed was ok, not too uncomfortable and we slept well
We decided to stay in Noosaville as the same level of accommodation off the main drag in Hastings Street would have cost a lot more - and Noosaville is really lovely anyway. It was fun to get the ferry up the river to Hastings Street (only $6) - have drinks and dinner there and then we caught a taxi back for $15.
We went to In Noosaville I would recommend breakfast at Maddisons and lunch at the Boathouse - right on the water. On Hastings Street we had drinks at Cato's Bar - there was an amazing guitarist playing - Nick Latter I think - he was so good we decided to eat in the bar off the rather basic (but very good) bar menu rather than leave and go elsewhere.
We then had a delicious desert at Lindoni's just accross the road - very pretty.
If the weather had been better we would have done the sunset cruise from Noosaville to Hastings Street and we would have also have liked to kayak - next time!
We will definitely stay at Sandy Court again and use the money we save on nice meals out and activites!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank weststar
Reviewed 12 January 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights with my partner. We loved it. This was at the beginning of a year spent traveling round Australia and it was definately 1 of the best value for money places we stayed. I also recommended it to my friend who went last year and she liked it aswell. Planning on going back next year.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank debs3000
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Couldn't have been happier, my partner and I have 7 kids between us and stayed in the 3 bed unit, we had read the reviews and were a bit worried. We arrived the manager was friendly the staff were friendly, the unit, well we just could not believe how large and roomy it was, and also how clean it was. We have already booked our next holiday there and have recommended it to all of our friends. This accommodation is not a resort, if you want a resort then stay at a resort, it is however basic affordable clean accommodation with a homely feel and is great for families on a budget. The manager did not bother us during our stay, he did not let himself in at will, and found the place safe and secure. We would be happy to recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank topguntroy
Reviewed 12 April 2008

Stayed here one night for work, in two bedroom apartment. My assistant booked it, and I read the the reviews and was a little worried! But, it was fine - remember, you're only sleeping there and keep in mind what you paid! It was cheap ($100), VERY clean and roomy - the lounge and main bedroom were really big. I felt that it was very good value for the money and would really suit families.

The location was great - 5 min walk to Gympie Terrace restaurants and the lovely river to relax by. And, the hotel pool was lovely (small, but nice). In terms of negatives, the shower was only average, the oven is quite old (but looked like it worked - we didn't cook anything), and there was no iron or hairdryer in the room.

Overall, I would recommend for budget travellers or for people who are going to be out and about doing things - which is what you are on holiday to do!! The room and complex were fine - not luxury, but large and good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank eve13
Reviewed 1 September 2007

The place itself is okay for the price but the male owner is so miserable. He also had a weird habit of letting himself into the room every day when we went out to open all the windows. A very inhospitable host who couldnt be bothered to speak unless you were giving him cash. Stay well away.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ricpee4444444444
BestofBudget, Owner at Sandy Court, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2007

This couple stayed in the studio unit from 9th - 13th July and paid $235. They shut themselves into the unit and the condensation was streaming down the windows. The studio unit has a security screen in the bathroom and a security screen adjacent to the front door - both these windows were shut so I went into their unit on one occassion and opened both windows and left a note on the table requesting that they please leave the windows with the security screens open during the day. Failure to air the unit results in mold.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Noosaville
Regency Waterfront Noosa
#5 of 41 in Noosaville
Dolphins Beach House
Dolphins Beach House
#109 of 140 in Noosa

Been to Sandy Court? Share your experiences!