“Excellent accommodation and position”

Sandy Beach Resort Noosa
Reviewed 12 May 2008

As a retired Auditor (fraud and compliance) and a qualified Manager I feel well qualified to write this review.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sandy Beach Resort. The Resort, situated on the riverfront of the Noosa River is located in a perfect position, Restaurants and shops are within walking distance and the variety of food venues would satisfy the most discerning palate.

Our apartment (#12) was luxurious, furnished in the modern style and with a complete kitchen which even included a dishwaher. The upstairs bedroom had a large deck which overlooked the heated pool, sauna and spa pool which were just visible through the palm trees. The apartment contained everything one would need for a perfect holiday.

The Manager and his wife were very helpful and made our stay an enjoyable experience. We have no hesitation in recommending Sandy Beach Resort to any intending traveller.

Please note: This review has been voluntarily entered and can be substantiated by an email to gogympie@tpg.com.au or by entering the Skype name 'gogympie' and following the prompts

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gogympie
There are newer reviews for Sandy Beach Resort Noosa

Reviewed 10 April 2008

I had only intended to stay one night in Noosa until I found The Sandy Beach Resort. With plans to do activities I can not do in rural England (river kayaking, surfing, 4 wheel driving, camel riding! etc) it was my intention to move around but having found this oasis I decided to stay and make it my base. To be honest, even if I’d not managed to do any of the above list I would still have been very happy; the apartment was spotlessly clean, spacious, tastefully furnished and very quiet. Loved everything from the planting (which made me feel quite private in my own domain) to the bedroom balcony (perfect to relax and take tea etc on). The pool was easily accessible from the apartment, well designed, perfect temperature, great to dip into after a camel safari or 20 mile hike. Great location, Noosaville was within easy reach of everything I needed. Woody (manager) was welcoming, charming and very helpful with booking some of the more elusive of my activities. I wanted to come home with lovely memories of where I’d stayed (as well as what I’d done), the Sandy Beach Resort gave me that.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank njbarclay
Reviewed 22 February 2008

We have just spent two glorious weeks at Sandy Beach resort Noosa, and as usual we are very sad to be leaving. We have been coming to noosa for many years and have stayed at Sandy Beach resort for the last 4 consecutive years.
The managers Woody and his wonderful wife Pushpa are two of the most hospitable and lovely people we have ever met, they always make our stay feel that much more special.
The resort itself is wonderful, spacious and ultra clean self -contained units, with all the comforts of home while on holidays.
With two swimming pools, a spa, sauna and bbq area, all kept exceptionally tidy and surrounded by a tranquil and magnificent landscape my family have had the time of their lives.
We would recommend Sandy Beach Resort to anyone looking for a memorable and relaxing holiday.
We would like to thank all the staff at sandy beach and we will see you when we return in November 2008!!!
Frances, Peter and the Neski family and Lucy, George and the Pilla family.

• Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank firefighter1202
Reviewed 6 January 2008

I live in Hong Kong and had a wonderful holiday with my family in Noosa, where we stayed at Sandy Beach. I have been to Noosa many times over the years and thoroughly enjoyed my stay this time round. Sandy Beach is a lovely resort, it is on Gympie Terrace, over the road from Noosa river. Great location, and clean and tidy bungalows with all the facilities one could need. With an excellent outdoor and pool area. The holiday was made extra special by the thoughfulness of the management who occasionally graced us with wonderful meals, and went out of there way to ensure we had a wonderful stay, and a very memorable holiday. I would not hesitate to stay at Sandy Beach again, and would happily recommend it to anyone of my friends.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2007

We first visited Noosa in 2003 and stayed at a Resort in Noosaville, not Sandy Beach, and were disappointed with the accommodation. We loved Noosaville and being close to the river with the lovely walks and park areas and wanted to return so decided to inspect alternative accommodation. Sandy Beach Resort stood out for us with it's peaceful surrounds, well kept BBQ's, grounds and palm trees, two large sparkling pools, one heated, a sauna, and spa pool. The accommodation is very clean and well presented, with excellent emenities provided to ensure that you had all the home comforts. Also being on Gympie Terrace is a plus with being so close to the shops and cafe's. So we returned and for the last two years have stayed 5 times at Sandy Beach.

A large part of returning to Sandy Beach is the Manager's. Woody and Pushpa are so welcoming and to be greeted so warmly is just like coming home. They both work very hard to ensure that our stay is the best it can be. That every thing from the unit's to the pools, BBQ's and grounds are clean and in excellent order. Pushpa is a wonderful cook and is very generous in sharing her delightful food. Recently we arranged to have a family gathering at Sandy Beach for all our family including grandchildren and Woody and Pushpa went out of their way to see our family were well looked after. We booked 4 units and had a fabulous time. Every one loved the accommodation and the facilities provided at Sandy Beach and hope to be able to return for future holidays.

Each time we pre book the unit we want, as we like to be near the pools. The units have 3 bedroom's and 2 bathrooms with lovely decks on two levels, a full kitchen and laundry, airconditioning, TV, DVD and very nice decor, which makes a long stay very comfortable and easy living.

We can't imagine staying any where else and hope to be able to continue to holiday at Sandy Beach for years to come.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrenchAucklandNZ
Reviewed 28 December 2007

We were three friends from California vacationing on the Gold coast and found this jewel of a resort in Noosa. We stayed in a two bedroom and two bath apartment with all the amenities one could wish for. Very spacious with privacy between each bedroom and a view of the river from our balcony. The grounds were lovely and well kept. The accommodations were very clean and comfortable. A very convenient place to stay when exploring the Gold coast or visiting the Australia Zoo. The manager and his wife were very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure our stay was everything we had hoped for. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who wishes a trouble free stay in Noosa.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
1  Thank madhavi_7
Reviewed 28 December 2007

My wife and I will be staying at Sandy Beach for our 3rd straight year and can't wait to get back...we also stayed once before about 6 years ago for a couple of weeks....we now stay a minimum of 8 weeks each visit......the facility is in a great location on Gympie Terrace and loaded with all the amenites one requires, 2 pools, jacuzzi and a barbeque set-up worthy of a commercial kitchen....the townhome units are wonderful, the one we rent has an upper deck off the master bedroom and a lower one off the living room, fully air conditioned, tv's in every room, washer/dryer, etc, etc.....the mangers, Woody and Pushpa, are the real reason to stay at Sandy Beach....both "bust their buns" ,so to speak ,to make sure everything runs smooth and your stay is absolutely enjoyable... Pushpa is the greatest cook of curried dishes we've ever had the pleasure to experience and favors us with samples many times during our stay, we keep threating to kidnap her and bring her back to Canada with us.....we heartily recommend Sany Beach to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Noosaville..

2  Thank gandcsaik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noosaville
Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments
#3 of 41 in Noosaville
Rimini Holiday Apartments
Rimini Holiday Apartments
#1 of 41 in Noosaville

Been to Sandy Beach Resort Noosa? Share your experiences!