“Fab drinks inclusive weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Potters Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopton on Sea
Potters Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopton on Sea
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Fab drinks inclusive weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Just back from a great annual girlie weekend. It's our 4th year at Potters and we our looking forward to next years now. It was the first time we went for drinks inclusive and I would very much recommend it. Drinks inclusive starts at 6pm through to at least 2.30am. We had plenty of wine on our table during our tasty 3 course meal. There was no queuing at the bar as there where plenty of very friendly bar staff to serve you. Named drinks and doubles available!!! Even though the alcohol was readily on tap there were no sign of guests abusing it. The entertainment on both nights was very good. Potters Theatre Group are very talented and entertaining. The costumes are great and I still can't believe how many costume changes they do! Mark and the team as always have us crying with laughter!!
Our hotel room is always 5 star. Very large rooms and furnished to a very high standards. I love the bathroom, 2 sinks fab shower and large bath to soak in after dancing the nite away!!
Thank you Potters for another fantastic weekend. Me and my fellow "Coppers" had a great time!!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,540)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

We ate out here last weekend as a family of 4 plus 1 child. The Zest restaurant was immaculately clean, fresh crisp linens adorn the tables, with gleaming silver and glassware. Our waitress was attentative and smart. The carvery display was amazing, fresh piping hot vegetables, good cuts of meat, and a seperate table of condiments beautifully presented. Superb value for money £12.95 for 2 courses, nothing was too much trouble, the staff even went out of their way to supply my 18mth old grandaughter several extra strawberries of her own when she saw the ones which decorated our plates and decided she wanted more having devoured these!.
I cannot recommend this restaurant and its staff highly enough, Well done to all, we will definitely be back, and look forward to trying 'Black Rock Grill' Thank You.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Croydon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

This is the worst place I have ever experienced. I went as group of 8 for an occasion and am glad I am back home!! To be fair, it is not my type of place at all. If you like being told when to eat and what to do for entertainment purposes then this may be your type of break but I think the world has moved on over the last 50 years. The accommodation (the villas) is very basic and dated (although very clean) and the evening entertainment is cabaret style and mind numbingly dull. - The food is served at set times and is done so very quickly in a carvery style. The times of the sittings are weird as well. When I am away I like to eat as part of the occasion, dinner at 6.30 is too early leaving nothing to do in the evening but watch the flipping cabaret!!

That aside, it is not good value for money, in fact it is very poor. A West end theatre ticket is circa £65 per head, a decent pre theatre carvery or roast can be had for £15 quid with a drink in any London pub and a travel lodge style hotel would costs you no more than £50 quid each. Far cheaper than Potters and much better value for money.

My advice is if you want to drink lots and experience a holiday like your grandparents had as teenagers then go to Potters. If you have heard of things like City breaks, Travel Lodges, West End Theatres, then steer clear.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
10 Thank Damandang
Essex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Potters for us was ok but not something we would experience again.

We had gone in a 2 night trip with a group of friends to celebrate a 40th birthday. This was my first time at a UK holiday resort since being taken to Butlins as a kid (which I remember fondly) so have nothing to compare it to.

We had a Bungalow + which really wasn't what we're normally used to. The bed was small and uncomfortable and it really needed a refurb. The walls were so thin we could hear everything happening next door.

Potters arranged a lot of entertainment for both days but it was organised to military precision. One quiz was stopped abruptly after 23 questions because the next activity was due to start.

The comedian wasn't to our taste but most of the other attendees enjoyed him. I found his treatment of a woman with learning difficulties to be distasteful and shouting out 'shoot the gays' left me feeling uncomfortable.

The food was adequate but served extremely quickly. You can expect to be served all three course and be out of the restaurant within an hour.

As I said, I have no bases of comparison so cannot say if it is truly a 5 star UK holiday camp. We normally travel to the Caribbean and stay in 5 star resorts there. Using that as a comparison Potters scores 2 stars from me.

The evening entertainment was of an ok standard. However I fully admit that my expectations may have been set overly high as I work in the industry and attend West End productions every week as part of my job. There were some talented performers who were unfortunately held back by poor direction and disjointed comparing between sets.

Given that 5 of us paid £1,250 for a 2 night stay I would say it was not good value for money. We could have hired a cottage and eaten out for less.

Overall, we enjoyed ourselves but that was more to do with the group we were with and less to do with Potters. It's not a bad place, just not our cup of tea.

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank Fluxboi
Lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and I booked a last minute break weekend with added Sunday, as we have not had a holiday this year due to health problems. What a fabulous break we had!! We were fortunate to be allocated a Suite for the first 2 nights. This was without doubt a 4/5 star suite. So although it was at a premium it was very worthwhile. (Word of warning if you use the Jaquizee dont put too much bubble bath in, as after some minutes my wife disappeared in a wall of foam!!!). The food was excellent with table or buffet service available. The waiting staff were exceptional in their friendly and yet professional manner. How they produce such good quality food all in one hour and half session is beyond me.
The sports facilities are second to none, with just about every sport catered for.
The entertainment was in our opinion second only to the big West End shows!!! Mark Brewer was Mr Entertainment himself and helped to make this a weekend to remember. We cannot wait to return and having just received the latest brochure will be planning our next break sooner rather than later. You will not find a better holiday resort anywhere in this country!!!.

Room Tip: We would normally use a bungalow in the grounds due to being on a budget but do try to upgrade to th...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
maidstone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

It was my first time at Potters and it did live up to expectations. We went on a 4 night mid week break on a KENTARA Bowls Jamboree. In total there were 12 coaches from Kent which was a bit of a logistically nightnare but the Potters staff coped. We had a Bungalow + and it was some distance from the main building but that was useful exercise to walk off the all the food. The room was well decorated and comfortable. The double bed was OK but we are used to a kingsize so it felt small. We tried to change to a twin room but they were fully booked. Food was excellent but there were quite a few times you had to queue in the upstairs dining room if you chose food from the hot food counter ie roast meat. Our waiter Ben was a real character and he did make dining fun on our table of 10. Very efficient as well, nothing was too much trouble. Praise as well to Potters for drink prices. For a hotel they were very reasonable and there was also a selection of the local real ale. Wine prices at meal times were also good. Entertainment on the 4 nights was OK and they worked the audience well, especially as there were a lot of "old codgers". The dining room entrance was like a mobility scooter park. The public toilets were truly 5 star, even the doors open automatically.
My only gripe was how the event was organised by Dunwood Travel. They offered pre-book excursions which were a waste of money. Use public transport which stops right outside (even better with a bus pass). Also more importantly you cannot enter the bowls tournement if you go on excursions. These were issues that were NOT the fault of Potters but they should be aware for future events.
Finally, as a measure of our much we enjoyed our visit, we have booked another mid week break in February. Hopefully I can play bowls this time?

Room Tip: Make sure you enquire about the location of your bungalow, particulary if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

We have been to Potters several times. If I could afford it I would go more often. Anytime of the year is a great time to go, we have especially enjoyed the fantastic firework displays (around November 5th) and the Christmas shows. We are going again this December and I just can't wait. The rooms are spotlessly clean, the beds lovely and comfortable, the entertainment is first class and we always enjoy the comedy provided by the fantastic Mark Brewer. The selection of food available in the restaurant is vast and also excellent quality (particularly the delicious ham and prawns available at the salad bar - no tasteless plastic rubbish, just quality produce). Would like to save up and treat my entire family to a Potters Christmas, maybe one day I will. Thank you to the Potters family, Ann and Mick H.

Room Tip: I always choose to stay in the hotel rather than the bungalows as I have walking difficulties and th...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Park Farm Hotel
Park Farm Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hethersett
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,076 reviews

Been to Potters Resort? Share your experiences!