“Bank Holiday Family Weekend (2-5 May 2014)”
Review of Potters Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopton on Sea
Potters Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopton on Sea
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Bank Holiday Family Weekend (2-5 May 2014)”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Eleven of our family (aged from 14 to 91) had a brilliant weekend celebrating my 70th Birthday. We stayed in 'Bungalow-plus' accommodation which was excellent. The entertainment was first-class (Mark Brewer and his team are amazing). The food was superb - with good variety for all ages. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. We all enjoyed the activities on offer and tried to do as much as we could (given that we needed to relax as well). My husband and his Mum and Dad (who were with us aged 90 and 91) have been going to Potters on and off since 1953 when it was just a small holiday camp and have seen so many changes for it to become a 5-star Holiday Resort now. We will return as often as we can in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,561)
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We chose Potters to celebrate my husbands 50th Birthday on a Friday to Sunday weekend! Our groups age range was between 20 and 79 and there was something for everyone. The 'delicious' food was in abundance. Entertainment was great especially Mark Brewer...The only problem we found was that we couldn't get to do all of the fun activities on offer in such a short time so will definitely have to return. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My first time at Potters, I will certainly be going there again. I could not fault anything. Everything was brilliant, as I stayed there on my own the staff were very accomodating and they really took care of me. The food was also very lovely including the service. I would definately recomend this to my friends. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Pam W
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We came away for a week to chill and found that we relaxed and laughed and thoroughly enjoyed our week. We would recommend this trip to anyone, but not if they want to loose weight. The food was of a high standard and the room was fabulous. We are already saving for our next trip and I told everyone that when I retired properly I would like to go 1 weekend every month just to recharge my batteries.

Room Tip: pay the extra for a luxury room - no sitting on uncomfortable chairs and beds when you get back to y...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Nothing is too much trouble, your every need is happily catered for. I cannot praise the entertainment and all staff enough. The food is excellent and all tastes and diets were catered for well done. The room we had was large, bright and clean. The bathroom was also large - it would be nice to have a separate shower.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the hotel twice and both times the rooms were very good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had a great night at Potters for my hen night, there were 12 of us and only 1 of us had been before. Couldn't fault the staff. food & facilities. The only criticism I would have is the compere for the evening who seems to enjoy humiliating people (myself included) and was not even funny.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had yet another great week-end at Potters. We always stay for the extra night (simply taking a chance on who is appearing) since our bookings are always related to the Potters own team of entertainers. This one was Best of British. Indeed it was! Great show, performed really excellently, together with an hilarious sketch by Mark Brewer and his fellow presenter chums! I have to say, the Sunday evening show featuring Chas & Dave was not really for me. Heard one; heard them all. Also, had I gone especially to see this show, I would have been disappointed by the fact that they chose not to re-appear - after a standing ovation - to sing a final song. This time we stayed in a Bungalow Plus, since all the hotel rooms were booked. However, I still prefer to stay in the Hotel. However, as ever, food great; staff friendly and courteous. We will be there again several times this year.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny. Lovely during the Summer months in particular, when one can sit...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Park Farm Hotel
Park Farm Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hethersett
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,092 reviews

Been to Potters Resort? Share your experiences!