“fantastic!”
Review of Potters Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopton on Sea
Potters Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopton on Sea
GreenLeadersSilver level
london
“fantastic!”
Reviewed 18 January 2009

There were six of us 'girls' ( we went for someone's 40th) and we had the most fantastic time! It was an Adult comedy and rock weekend, and the shows both nights were brilliant! The food was wonderful, the waitress couldn't have been more helpful, the atmosphere throughout the whole weekend was great, and we have booked again for the same weekend this year.
We were in the chalets, and admittedly it was cold to-ing and fro-ing, (not suprisingly as it was November) so this year we have booked hotel rooms
I would reccomend this sort of break for any group of people who want to have a great time, and honestly couldn't fault any of it!

• Liked — clean and plenty of room to spread ourselves out
  • Disliked — distance from the main building, not good in winter when we went.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank janet51London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,561)
London
Reviewed 10 November 2008

It was my second time at Potters and had another great weekend break. Stayed both times in the bungalow plus and find them comfortable and has everything you need. Although would like to stay in the hotel next time, it is a pain to walk to and from your accomedation everytime you want to go to the main building in the cold! Food was great, I have dietary requirments, they catered for me very well and even done me sperate dishes not on the menu. The staff can not do enough for you and are very friendly. The Potters Threatre group are very good and talented. However having been earlier on in the year it was a shame to go back this time and to see the same shows are on! the leisure facilities are very good as well. Will definately be going back.

• Liked — Everything is there in one place
  • Disliked — How cold it was by the sea!
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ribena87
London
Reviewed 29 October 2008

We have been 3 years running and it gets better and better each year! Mark Brewer and the team are amazing and make the holiday! They cater for all ages we went with 2 babies one 9 weeks old and the other 15 weeks! And there we people there in their mid 90's.

The food is great, activities are excellent!

Would go back every weekend if i could!!!!!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Tarawallace
england
Reviewed 14 July 2008

I love this hotel so much. I have been there over 7 times and it never fails to make me happy. Mark Brewer is a legendary fantastic guy, all bow down to him! Go here and you wont regret the high prices.

• Liked — EVERYTHING
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed July 2004, travelled with family
2 Thank eloise15
Norwich
Reviewed 27 June 2008

I have been coming to Potters for over 20 years for short breaks and the Simply Ballroom weekend was the best ever. My friend and I came with our daughters, both in their 20's, and had a brilliant time.

The food as always was good and plentiful, the service from our lovely waiter, Ben was excellent. We stayed in the old-style bungalows - several bungalows around ours were obviously being updated - but although being a bit tired, the bungalows were comfortable enough, although as always at Potters the beds are a little hard.

The first night we were entertained by the Simply Ballroom cast, introduced by Sophie Lawrence (Diane Butcher from Eastenders) who is a real star. She has a lovely, natural manner and she interviewed Lionel Blair, the first star of the weekend. Lionel was very entertaining - real 'old school' entertainer. His interview was follows by a wonderful display of ballroom and latin american dancing from the cast of the touring show Simply Ballroom.

The days over the weekend included dancing lessons in the Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Rumba, Cha Cha and Jive. Although we only joined one of these classes, we enjoyed watching other people having fun. In the afternoons there was the opportunity for couples to compete to take part in the finals of each dance, to be judged on the last night.

This brings me to the stars of the show, Anton Du Beke and Erin Boag (of Strictly Come Dancing fame) who were the judges of the dance competition. They entertained us on the Saturday and Sunday nights, including an interview with them conducted by Sophie again. This was so much fun. Both Anton and Erin were absolutely charming and Anton was really entertaining, a natural comedian - he had the audience in stitches. And of course they performed several dances for us on both nights. They are the most wonderful dancers and we were spellbound. After the show, Anton and Erin were both more than happy to pose with everyone for photos. Of course our girls (and my friend) got theirs taken.

We usually come to Potters for two or one-night break as we only live 30 minutes down the road, great for a wind-down after a busy week. We usually come to see the Potters Theatre team do a show or two, and to be entertained by the very funny, Mark Brewer, so this made a real change for us and we were certainly not disappointed.

All in all a superb weekend and we will be booking up again for next year, when the Simply Ballroom show, and Anton and Erin will be back at Potters - can't wait!

• Liked — The entertainment
  • Disliked — Hard beds!
  • Stayed June 2008
2 Thank Daisy49Norwich
England
Reviewed 13 February 2008

I've been to Potters 12 times and I'm only 16! I've been going all my life and I love it so much. I go with my family at least once a year, I even went three times last year. My family ranges from my younger brother aged 8, me 16, parents in their 40s, grandparents 70s and great nan 90s! And? They all adore it there! ! !

That to me is proof that it really is a special place and has something to offer to absalootly everyone! From bowles, to more energetic sports like badminton, swimming, and even sereal ones like blindfolded driving (not for the faint of heart!). The food it top quality in a huge, grand dining hall called the Garden Resturant, you can drink and do various activities like quizes throughout the day in the Terrace Bar, there's the Atlas Theatre where all the entertainment is at night, and finally the Gallery Lounge, a disco going into the early hours for the younger groups of people, like myself.

It's easy to make friends for the youngsters and it is a very interactive enviorment. All the staff are very friendly and the comedian Mark Brewer is hilarious and will have you rolling in the isles in laughter until the night is through! The fact that there will always be people your age around really means you can enjoy your holiday.

The bungalos are a little dated, but as you only sleep in them it dosn't matter, the hotel rooms are top quality so they are brilliant for the people who like some more alone time to sit down and relaaax =) . For the people who put it as one or two stars, I can only assume that they are pretty boring, considering that my 92 year old Nan still enjoys it, just like myself at the age of 16. It's a brilliant holiday because there are no compulsions, you can either be active and hyper all day, or chill out, sit down, do a quiz, and read a book.

Thankyou for reading my rather long winded review of Potters Leisure Resort, pretty reliable for someone who's been there 4 times in the last 6 months. =D, enjoy ! ! !

• Liked — The fact that there's so much to do so you hardly need any time in it anyway!
  • Disliked — I supose a little dated, but the hotels are brilliant so make up for it
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank RockaDJ
Essex
Reviewed 6 August 2007

Can't believe we haven't heard of this place before - there really was something for everyone and our group consisted of Grandparents right down to the kids who all came away saying they want to go back...Hotel Accommodation is huge and the whilst some of the bungalows are a bit basic they do appear to be doing them up and my granparents had a one of these done ones called bungalow plus and they were very pleasant - so reccommend Hotel or Bungalow Plus accommodation - unless you have kids in which case ask for the units down towards the sea and football pitch then you can open the door and let them be free....better than worryong about them in a Hotel Corridor etc...anyway - if you've not been I would suggest you give it a go as can't fail to find something opf interest - and the entertainment is the best we have ever seen and the food is overwhelming with three meals a day....enjoy!

• Liked — The Entertainment and the freindly staff
  • Disliked — Liked it all
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Park Farm Hotel
Park Farm Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hethersett
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,089 reviews

Been to Potters Resort? Share your experiences!