“Unique and Fantastic Place For a UK Break”
Review of Potters Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopton on Sea
Potters Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopton on Sea
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Unique and Fantastic Place For a UK Break”
Reviewed 2 January 2006

Okay... where do I start. Potters I guess on one front could look like Butlins but believe me I wouldn't go to Butlins but I get very excited about going here.

I have been to Potters on two occasions for three night breaks, once in the bungalow accommodation and once in a hotel room. It is also worth noting my partner has been more than 10 times for longer breaks.

I would recommend upgrading to the HOTEL, the bungalows are fine but starting to look a little tired. Depending on which one you are in they are also a short walk from the restaurant where as the hotel is adjoined to this. The hotel rooms are lovely and big with balconies although don't have an outstanding view.

The FOOD at Potters is one of the biggest plus points for me. There is a huge choice and I would be amazed if people could not find at least one or two things they liked every meal time. It is mainly buffet style help yourself but I think the quality is pretty good and I consider myself quite fussy about food. Alongside the buffet there is also a set menu in the evening to choose from where a waiter will bring you your dish. It is also important to note that none of the waiting staff pay attention to how much you are eating and are more than happy to bring you starter after starter if that is what you desire.

LEISURE FACILITIES: I am not going to attempt to list them all but what I will say is that the pool is excellent, always lovely and warm and never to busy. The Badminton courts get booked up so make sure you reserve a slot, the gym is very well equipt, Potters is renowned for Bowls so obviously these facilities are top notch, I've never bowled in my life and managed to find a quiet tucked away room to make a fool of myself! There is also a huge sports field at the bottom of the complex which is heavily used in the summer. There are also two hard surface tennis courts and a crazy golf course.

The complex also backs onto the beach and there is direct access via steps for those who like a stroll in the sea air.

ENTERTAINMENT: Very varied and lots of it. At the beginning of your stay you will get a timetable of all the things going on. I have done Tai Chi, Salsa dancing and Indoor Volleyball. There are also lots of quizzes and sports competitions going on all day and week.

Evening entertainment starts with good old Bingo and then usually comedy from the inhouse comedian. Very scary guy at first and humour that takes a while to get to grips with but you learn to love him! Then a big show of a very good quality, this place does attract some big name (Jimmy Carr, Jim Davidson)

COMPLEX LOOK AND FEEL: Potters isn't a luxurious and modern 5 Star complex in terms of decor. The true beauty of it is beyond what it looks like. It is more than comfortable but you will see floral carpets and a few cringe worthy prints in some places.

CLIENTELE: People return year after year to this place and the age range is very mixed. On a bowls weekend you are obviously going to get different people to during the Valentine's weekend break. We are 22 and 28 and don't feel out of place but equally neither do our parents!

All in all, we will keep returning to Potters. I think you either love it or hate it. If you like a break with stuff to do, good food and some entertainment then you will like Potters. It wouldn't ever be my main holiday (unless I had kids I think) but it definitely features on my list every time I think about going away!

Stayed February 2005
9 Thank anna68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,576)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 September 2005

We came to your resort with the N.H.S. retirement group, and took full advantage of all there was on offer. We did our own tours from the site, and visited some of the lovely Norfolk countryside. We all looked forward to returning to those wonderful meals, served with such expertise by very cheerful and friendly staff. They were great. My husband has a dietary problem, an intolerance to Gluten. He was well taken care of. Discussions with the Chef on a daily basis helped him to relax and enjoy the food on offer. We then had a bit of fun with the various games, learning new skills, trying our hand with some games we haven't played for years. We played bowls, we watched bowls. All in all plenty of activities, if you are bored, then thats down to you. Our group were spread out in their various bungalows, and we were so glad and lucky, that it didn't rain, It would have made a difference whilst moving to amd fro. It was lovely having access to the beach too, and only five minutes away at the back of the complex, lovely for that early walk. Good facilities for the handicapped too. The staff very pleasant and friendly. The final morning was a bit chaotic, waiting for suitcases to get to the coaches, might one suggest two luggage collectors rather than one. A good visit. I would certainly like to come again.

• Stayed September 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
worcestershire
Reviewed 10 September 2005

Usually take hols abroad but this year stayed at Potters Leisure resort and had the bext holiday ever. The only thing missing was the sun which we expected anyway. Accomodation is either in hotels or bungalows and was spacious tastefully decorated and well maintained. It is currently the only 5 star privately owned hol village in the UK and fully deserves this status. It caters for all ages and is the first time on hol I have not picked up a book to read. They have a packed varied entertainment programme day and night and fantastic menu. Accomodation is full board and the food was top class.
The entertainments team was brilliant I have never laughed so much. The shows were extremely proffesional also. There are extensive sporting facilities and a brilliant leisure centre and spa. Recommend the hot stone massage it was awesome. Will definately return next year most guests had been several times and will probably take more members of my family. This really is a vacation to cater for everyone where you can do as much or as little as you want

9 Thank excited21
The Pier Hotel
#3 of 4 in Gorleston-on-Sea
Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel

Been to Potters Resort? Share your experiences!