“Historic building,lovely surroundings”

GreenLeadersSilver level
burnley
“Historic building,lovely surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have just returned from a three day weekend break at Nidd Hall. We stayed in a historic room which had glorious views over the garden. The room no30 was very spacious and I felt it was worth the upgrade to be in the main building and to have the extras.The facilities were very good and plenty to do if you didn't want to leave the hotel but it is very well situated for visiting Harrogate, York, Ripon or Knarsborough. Ifound the staff to be very helpful and the entertainment excellent especially comic Joey Howard though Black Lace didn't quite live up to the hype. The resident entertainment team were excellent and provided and provided very professional shows of the highest quality. I agree that the price of the drinks in the bar were very expensive but I feel this is par for the course in many hotels these days. Overall a enjoyable stay and I will be returning again.

Room Tip: High floor upgrade to a room in the main house overlooking the gardens.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

One of the Warner historic hotels. It is wonderful to sit in the old hall part of the hotel and look out over the fabulous gardens - even in the winter! Service and food excellent, with good choice in main restaurant . Entertainment varied, but sometimes a bit focussed on couples and sequence dancing. In house entertainment team v talented and friendly.

Room Tip: Even standard rooms are fine, only worth upgrading if a special occasion.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cburni
Michelle H, Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Thanks very much for your comments and opinions.

I’m glad you enjoyed looking at our gorgeous gardens and I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed your break with us.

I will take on your feedback and pass on to the entertainment manager. Hoping to see you again soon!

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

We went on a 4 night mid week break, and have used several of the Warners hotels now. We chose this as we wanted to visit Harrogate (and especially Betty's), and also Castle Howard. Our historic room was really small and was inward facing but we weren't that bothered, although when we found a couple of items missing or not working the team immediately sent someone to sort it out for us. The entertainment team were really good and as we enjoy ballroom dancing we were very well catered for. We found no problem at all with the food and would recommend paying the extra to use the Terrace Restaurant for one night, the food and service here were wonderful.

Room Tip: A top floor room is good if you are bothered by overhead noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
I am pleased to hear that my team were helpful and got you everything you needed to enjoy your break with us.

We often have people visiting us to go to Betty’s Tea Rooms, hopefully you enjoyed your visit.
Our entertainment is something we really pride ourselves upon and so I am pleased to hear you liked watching and dancing along.

I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed your break with us and will give the restaurant team your feedback. I’m sure the Terrace Restaurant team will be really pleased to hear your lovely comments.

N\W
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Nidd Hall is a lovely place to stay, its just a pity that the bar prices are so high. Also, I feel that Warner hotels rely too much on outside catering suppliers, the food was plentiful but I thought it lacked that "freshly prepared" taste.

The rooms were bright, clean and spacious and were cleaned daily, with fresh white towels replaced and drinks replenished too. The staff are polite and friendly and really do try to please. The current entertainment team put on a great show ranging from the 50's through to 2000's. It was mostly the older guest at Nidd Hall but it would make a beautiful setting for a wedding/Special occasion.

Visit nearby Harrogate for shopping, theres the famous Bettys Cafe if your prepared for long queues and willing to pay the exorbitant prices. Visit Knaresborough/Ripon for some great history

Room Tip: Choose the East wing to be nearer the restaurant and East Wing Carpark.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Dereham, Norfolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

The food was very good with excellent service. Accommodation was very good and well serviced except on Christmas Day and New Years Day which should not be the case. Housekeeping should be provided every day!The in house entertainers were weak but the visiting ones were good. Bar prices were inflated - approximately 15% more than normal in this grade of hotel. Overall not good value for money. Cruises, both Ocean and River are much better value foe money. I would not use Warners again. Some staff require further training in courtesy, they would rather turn their head than say'good morning' or 'thank you' when permitting them to pass.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
I’m glad that on the whole you enjoyed your break with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not find the team here approachable or friendly as this is something we often get positive feedback about.

Your break does not sound like it was up to our usual high standards and therefore I apologise.

I hope you will read other feedback and see that we provide top quality food, comfy rooms and great entertainment for what we hope a great price to our guests. I hope that your experience won’t put you off coming to visit us again.

Regards,

Rob Jenkins, General Manager
manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Twixmas getaway just to be aware that I think both myself and husband where probably one of the youngest there ( early 50's ) .so if you are looking for a mixed crowd at this kind of time you could be lacking.
Food good ,room lage size and very comfortable we had an upgrade with our deal to a Signature room in the east wing .Although we did enjoy ourselves I certainly wouldn't return if I was paying the full price which I believe would have been £618.for the two nights and at 362.00 I still think is over priced .Drinks at the bar where not overpriced as in some other hotels.
Entertainment was good and very mixed and I can see why this would appeal to the older generation .
Ben the compare is clearly used dealing with all ages and handled things very well.
The service at the night time in the resturant was very slow and things where missed by the staff .
All the staff where very friendly and welcoming .
Bedroom facility's also very good tea /coffee and biscuits each day.
There was quite a bit of noise coming from the floor from the room above just the walking about ( heavy footed )

Room Tip: stayed in room 141 very quite .
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gamckean
Malton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

My Sister in Law and I stayed at Nidd Hall Hotel Harrogate North Yorkshire at Christmas. We stayed in a Historic Room it was First Class and the views onto the lawns and gardens are .beautiful. The rooms are decorated to a very high standard,beds are real comfy ,ensuite smashing and rooms so warm. Meals are good and the staff are lovely nothing is a much trouble for them.
Entertainment was great by staff and visiting artists. Can not wait for a next visit. Thank You All

Room Tip: We stayed in a Historic room on the second floor,super views of the immaculate gardens . very quiet...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Marie195
Thank you for taking the time to give us your point of view and feedback. I’m really glad you enjoyed your break and your room was comfortable for you. I am glad you enjoyed looking out of your window at the view. Did you manage to take any photos? I’d love to see them if you did have a chance and could upload them.

Look forward to having you come and stay again soon!

Regards,
Rob Jenkins, Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nidd
Rudding Park Hotel
The Majestic Hotel
The Majestic Hotel
#16 of 30 in Harrogate
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,602 reviews

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!