“Excellent Mid Week Break”

Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nidd
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is an excellent Hotel . Very comfortable bedroom ,a wide variety of excellent food at breakfast and dinner.Will certainly return.there are many places of interest nearby,York, Castle Howard and Ripon.Very enjoyable

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nidd W, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hi,

Thank you for all your feedback about the great time that you have had on your short break at Nidd Hall Hotel.

It was lovely to read what a wonderful time you had and that you found the hotel, the ambiance, the food, the staff were absolutely fantastic. All your comments will be passed on to the team .

We look forward to your return visit

Regards

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This holiday was a gift from a friend. We very much enjoyed our stay. If you do not have patience with older people who may also be a bit slow moving and perhaps less able bodied than you are this may not be the place for you! Warners do say in their brochures that their holidays are aimed at retired and semi retired people. We are in our 60's both fortunately very fit, and we felt quite young in this environment! We took part in the Archery and Rifle shooting and patiently shown the basics of both sports by Adam, a quiet and helpful young man . After this positive experience I am hoping to join an Archery club to learn more. Adam also took the morning walk round some of the grounds. We used the lovely swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi . On another day I joined in Aqua fit class, whilst my partner took part in and won a quiz. We had a go on the all weather bowling green. Dancing in the evenings. The entertainment team are all very good and we enjoyed their performances, they all work extremely hard. Martin Daniels was a guest performer and he was very, very, funny and clever, a really good night. We had a lovely waitress, Katrina who served us throughout our stay - table 124 allocated to us at check in. The food was consistently good, with a good choice. A different choice of carvery and salad bar, starters and other choice of dishes served to table each night. Breakfast - a menu choice and a buffet. Plenty of fresh fruit, cereal and porridge. Our Signature room, East wing, was clean, spacious and comfortable with a large bed. The heater was easy to adjust for our personal comfort. Constant hot water, large towels. The public drawing rooms are comfortable and pleasantly furnished. There is a large open fire in the hallway. The grounds are beautifully kept and a credit to the ground-staff. All the staff we came across were helpful and polite. We would like to return to Nidd Hall sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Signature room. Second floor East Wing. we had room 182 overlooking garden/wooded area. Short walk...
1  Thank tedbandme

Hello,

It was lovely to read that you found the food good with efficient waiter service from Katrina and the entertainment is always excellent, set in 45 acres of grounds which are beautifully kept.

It was fantastic to hear that our entertainment team were talented and friendly and personable and that you found the time to participate in the activities especially the Archery and Rifle shooting with Adam.

I am so pleased that you had a lovely gift and let’s hope we can welcome you again many more times.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

A wonderful mansion built by a once owned wool merchant with its grand entrance just wonderful as you walk into the hall. This mansion was built on top of a medieval manner keeping the original cellar. It is a truly wonderful building with its long entrance to the manner splendid grounds wonderful gardens walks and conservation.

Just to let all you couples know is that you can book when you wish to not has requested in the brochure or internet. My husband and I did. The only problem is that you may have to change rooms which can be unpleasant, especially if the receptionist is not helpful!! I advice you to print your paper work from warner's once they send you the e-mail.

We had the signature room which was spacious, very clean, tea & coffee facilities, small fridge,television,cd player, radio ,hair dryer, two arm chairs dressing table and chair, unit consisting of draws and wardrobe with plenty of coat hangers. Extra pillows for the bed upon request. Bathroom very clean with every expectations considered. Top marks to housekeeping a big thank you.

The Rawson restaurant breakfast 08.00hrs/10.00hrs.Evening meal 18.30hrs/20.30hrs.Breakfast and evening meal are both plentiful. Chefs ,waiters and waitress will go the extra mile for any think that is needed or requested. Food is very good. Cleanness perfect. Complements to all the staff for all your hard work. A charge is now placed upon tea and coffee, this used to be free, not a good move in my opinion

Entertainment is excellent with different acts every night. A great enjoyment. Drinks are expensive and waiter service there for guests use. Martin Daniel's magic show outstanding enjoyment.60's multimedia quiz. Dancing to Northern lights resident band.

The afternoon we arrived my husband and I went into the terrace tea room we had a cheese baguette £5.25p Haddock fish cakes far to much chillie sauce it would of been better if the sauce was placed in a small jug £6.50p china pot of tea for two £3.20p, a cake slice very stodgy £ 2.65p
The ambiance was very good but the waitress service was poor on this occasion.

First full day my husband and I went to Harrogate, we soon found out that you need your car . Harrogate town is much the same as any town a little disappointing. A must visit is Bettys tea rooms a must go a must see wonderful experience, but arrive about 11.00hrs or you will queue all down the street. A traditional tea shop with traditional tea leaves from around the world. Coffee in a traditional coffee pot from all round the world. Traditional afternoon tea.

Knaresborough a must visit with traditional bakery and butchers, a good variety of small shops. Wonderful walks to gardens and castle. No hustle and bustle a well worth visit.

Ripen was one visit that we found was awfull.£19.00 for two tickets from reception on the small mini coach and frankly not worth the money. Nothing there except for the cathedral market very poor and not much there. Very hilly

Room Tip: Do not go for the basic room aim for Signature room or above.
1  Thank moveoverdarling52

.Hi,

A big ‘Thank you’ for your feedback about the great time that you have had on your break. It was lovely to read what a wonderful time you had and that you found the house to be lovely, set in beautiful countryside. coupled with first class entertainment and food served by a polite, helpful and friendly team.

I was sorry to hear that you found the receptionist unhelpful and that the tearooms waitress gave poor service on one occasion these will be dealt with in line with our in house procedures. The trip to Ripon is run by an outside taxi firm that operate from Harrogate and I am sorry if you feel this was not value for money.

I can assure you that all feedback such as this is very important to us, as we continually strive to improve the Warner experience with the services and standards we offer.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was our fourth Warner's break and Nidd Hall is a lovely building in spacious grounds. We were booked into the house and although the room was very large with a huge bathroom the window looked onto rooftops and no view, very poor for what was paid, the room really needs upgrading too.

The food was good but the dining experience was somewhat noisy, but our waitress looked after us well. Food was lovely.

One or two things spoilt the experience, the lounge bar had no fire only a plug in heater and it was too cold to sit in there for any length of time, the main lounge 'fires' we're working but I wonder why they don't have a real fire like the lovely one in the entrance? You have to take your room towels down to the spa which was not good and unfortunately the flowers my husband had ordered arrived after we did which was a shame.

The entertainment was good no complaints there.

Would we go again? Not sure but maybe we were comparing with Thoresby where we would go again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your forth break apart from the points you mentioned.

I was sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your Historic room as you did not feel it was Historic standard. At Nidd Hall we have five different room types which offer different choices of rooms for our guests; these upgraded rooms are very popular which we feel is a fair reflection on our charges all the rooms are different shapes, views and sizes and the supplements reflect this. The team will always try and resolve any issues at the time if they are able.

I am afraid that the chimneys in some parts of the old house are no longer usable which is why we only have real fires in the main hall and the Terrace. We ask our guests to take the towels from their room to use at the leisure club as part of our commitment to reduce our carbon footprint but these are replaced by the team as requested. I do apologise that the flowers arrived late and hope that you were not too disappointed.

Please contact me through the Nidd Hall Hotel if you are thinking of returning and I will ensure that we get you the best break for your requirements.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Our first Warners holiday spent with my sister and partner (who have been to several Warners) and we will certainly be having another one in the future. Stayed in the East Wing which was very convenient for all facilities. Room excellent. Food excellent. Entertainment excellent. Our waitress was extremely efficient with a lovely personality (unfortunately I did not get her name). Nothing was too much trouble for her. The dining room was decked out with red balloons on Valentines night but why had they all gone the next day??? I think they could have stayed over the whole weekend. (Not a criticism - just a constructive comment!!!). We had a wonderful weekend and will probably book again for next year's Valentines Weekend but hope to stay again before that.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for writing on Trip Advisor I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable Valentine break at Nidd Hall; your praise for the team, facilities and the accommodation are very much appreciated.

I can assure you that the positive feedback such as this is very important to us, as we continually strive to improve the Warner experience with the services and standards we offer and will pass on to the restautant team about the balloons

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Nidd Hall from the 7th to the 9th March 2014 to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was a truly wonderful and memorable experience for us both! From the moment we arrived we were treated like special guests by Richard and Julie as they were aware that it was our wedding anniversary. The room we stayed in was immaculate and met our needs. We dined at The Terrace restaurant and The Rawson restaurant, where not only was the food fantastic but the staff, particularly Vince, were lovely too - very professional but with warmth and sincerity.
Richard and Julie not only made sure that we had a lovely table to dine at the Terrace Restaurant, but our table was decorated with tasteful streamers and balloons to help us celebrate our wedding anniversary in style. The hotel is situated in a beautiful location where all you can hear is the tweeting of some happy birds and the occasional ringing from the church bells. The entertainment in the evening was very enjoyable with some quality musicianship. We would highly recommend Nidd Hotel to anyone that just wants to 'get away' from it all and who appreciate that Nidd Hall is a historic building that can meet everyone's needs as the staff make sure of it. We can't wait to come and stay again. Special thanks to Richard and Julie!

Hello,

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable first break at Nidd Hall Hotel to celebrate your anniversary and it was lovely to read what a great time you had.

Your kind comments and praise for the team, the cleanliness, the food and especially the entertainment is very much appreciated and Julie, Richard and Vince will be recognised within our rewards scheme. I can assure you that all feedback is very important to us, as we continually strive to improve the Warner experience with the services and standards we offer.

Once again I thank you taking the time to write on Trip Advisor as your feedback is invaluable in helping us make changes at Nidd Hall Hotel and we hope earnestly to welcome you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Our first visit to Nidd Hall (and our first Warner Leisure holiday). We did not know quite what to expect (Butlin's for the elderly - Thomson Gold without the sun?) but we have to admit we were well impressed. Not knowing what the hotel rooms were like - we chose a room within the main building that overlooked the front of the hotel and the church. But we would have been more than happy with any of the rooms (Standard, Signature etc.) - but reading other reviews it's location that counts - and here we were lucky in that the room (21) was at the end of a corridor and had dual aspect. In the brochure it's described as "cosy" and we half expected a "swing the cat" size, but we were pleasantly surprised with the size of both the room and bathroom. Everything worked and the room was spotless - the bed was comfortable and there was plenty of drawer and cupboard space. The location of this hotel and it's grounds and facilities are really what makes it special, but add to this the excellent food both in terms of quality and variety (if the tables are a tad too small for the crockery they use (smaller plates would also have helped my waistline)) Wines were fine with reasonable prices (we chose the wine and dine package which was excellent value) The leisure facilities were really good - a decent size pool and well equipped gym - just remember to take a room towel with you (these will be replaced on request) We were not too fussed about the entertainment (we were on a mid-week break) and there were plenty of comfortable sitting areas in the drawing room and library to catch up on my Kindle purchases! All the staff were helpful and attentive - nothing was too much trouble - all in all we had an excellent stay - full value for the money! (and the deal we got was good!)

Now to the gripes! (little niggles more like). Please can the music played in the restaurant be appropriate and quieter - many of the guests (including me) have hearing problems and to hear "Wake me up before you go" at full volume when you are about to tuck into your porridge is not a pleasant experience and it make it difficult to hear what my partner is saying! Also please update the information folder in the rooms - the bit about the Wi-Fi is out of date!

Many of the guests seemed quite content not to venture too much from the hotel - but given the good weather (10-14 March) we were able to explore this part of Yorkshire - I have plenty of photos with blue skies (not very common in March and Yorkshire) In conclusion would we go again to Nidd Hall - Yes, would we use Warner's again - Yes!

2  Thank Einrac
Nidd W, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hi,

Thank you for writing your comments on Trip Advisor following your first break at Nidd Hall Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable break at Nidd Hall; your praise for the team, facilities and the accommodation are very much appreciated.

I can assure you that the positive feedback such as this is very important to us, as we continually strive to improve the Warner experience with the services and standards we offer.

I have spoken to the restaurant to tone down the music and our housekeeping team to update the folders, thank you for letting us know.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nidd
Crowne Plaza Harrogate
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate
Kimberley Hotel
Kimberley Hotel
#7 of 30 in Harrogate

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!