Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel
US$139
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$194
US$86
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$104
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Harrogate Town Centre Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$116
Travelodge Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$85
Travelodge
1,499 results
All reviewssignature roomterrace restauranteast wingevening entertainmententertainment teamhistoric roomsballroom dancingdaytime activitiestribute bandgames roomnorthern lightswarner leisurerifle shootingthe main housemain restaurantleisure centreafternoon tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I purchased a holiday to see James and Ola Jordan (from Strictly Come Dancing) when first advertised in October 2013 for the recent show on 12th August 2014. I paid an extra £100 for a front row VIP table and was assured we would have a table right at the very front of the stage. I was also told that I would be allocated a table for two in the dining room every night.
When I arrived at the hotel at around 4pm after a 300 mile road trip, I was given a welcome pack and went to the room to unpack our bags. I noticed in the welcome pack a page regarding the VIP packages and was astounded to see that I had to get down to the Pavillion bar to reserve my VIP table before 5pm on the day of arrival. I quickly went down and found that I there was only one table left, almost in the wings of the stage area and was told that it was first come first served. After a lot of complaining and my stating that I would demand a refund I was eventually given the table that had been reserved all those months previously but it set the holiday up with a very bad start.
On returning to our room I then noticed that I was supposed to go down to the dining room to see where we would be seated for the entire stay of 3 nights for both evening meals and breakfast. However, when I got down to the dining room I was amazed to find out that the seating arrangements for dining were also on a first come first served system and there was the fantastic choice of just 5 tables, all in cramped positions which the early diners had obviously rejected. The waiter told me that people come as early as 11am to reserve their tables!
We had to endure a holiday with a dining table set just 3 inches away from another couple's table so we more or less made up a foursome so no private conversation was possible for the entire duration of the holiday.
Add to this a room with no working extractor fan in the bathroom, bad lighting so as to make it nearly impossible to shave or put make up on, no air conditioning whatsoever and dead flies laying on the windowsills of the bar - this holiday was a disaster.
When I completed an Internet satisfaction survey from Warners I received a telephone call from Nidd Hall saying how sorry they were to hear of my problems and that they would be sending me some special vouchers for use with another holiday I have already booked and paid for with Warners which is in mid August 2014. To date these vouchers have not been forthcoming and when I telephoned Warners to complain I was put on a treadmill of adverts for Warners holidays for at least 10 minutes and all this on a premium rate telephone number! It has upset us so much that we have cancelled our final holiday to Warners in mid September even though we have already paid a substantial deposit.
To sum up, if you want a holiday where you have to arrive at 11am in order to reserve a dining table even though you cannot check into your room until 2pm then Warners Nidd Hall is the place for you. It is akin to rushing down to put towels on sunbeds!

Room Tip: Book a room with a ground floor patio with opening doors as there is NO air conditioning.
2  Thank BusPassHolders
Nidd W, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi,

Thank you for filling in the guest questionnaire and for speaking to our guest services team with regard to your recent break at Nidd Hall Hotel.

May I also apologise sincerely for any disappointment that you encountered whilst on your weekend break with us. It is unfortunate when certain matters mar what should be such a satisfying short break and I am sorry that you had a poor VIP and dining experience.

I can assure you that this matter has been looked into and action has been taken so that we can prevent this from happening again, all feedback such as this is very important to us, as we continually strive to improve the Warner experience with the services and standards we offer.

I am sorry for any confusion as the vouchers have been put aside for you to collect from reception on your arrival on your August break.

Once again I thank you taking the time to contact us, as your feedback is invaluable in helping us make changes both at Nidd Hall Hotel and within Warner Leisure Hotels and we hope that you enjoy your next break.

Yours sincerely

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Having had two lovely breaks at other Warners we booked Nidd Hall expecting the same. Having stayed in a Signature room at Cricket St Thomas which we loved, we decide to stay in a historic room at Nidd. Not a good decision. The room allocated was spacious and comfortable but had no view accept a roof above what was the cafe on the ground floor. It was so noisey with all the crocks and bottles being washed or thrown away. We asked to be moved and got an even worse room. It was so small it should have been a single. We left 2 days early. Go for a signarure room. You have all the facilities and a purpose built room.

Room Tip: Dont book a Historic Room.
1  Thank pottyjen

Hi,

Thank you again for your comments on Trip Advisor and for speaking to me with regards to your short break.

Please be assured that I have taken all your comments on board with regards to your experience as we monitor all feedback from both the questionnaires and from our guests. All feedback is really important to us as we are making changes to benefit all our customers and the room experience is a major part of that.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to speak to me, as it is through constructive feedback like this that we may strive to further improve our service standards and hope earnestly to welcome you back in the future.

Yours sincerely

Customer Service Manager

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I booked an afternoon tea at Nidd Hall Hotel for a special birthday treat for my mum and we certainly wasn't disappointed. The afternoon tea was amazing and well worth the money. There was a great selection of sandwiches, scones, cakes and even strawberries to finish!

This trip was made extra special by the incredible service we received from Chip. Nothing was too much trouble and he was very attentive and friendly. With beautiful surroundings, delicious food and outstanding service, this was the best afternoon tea I have ever experienced. I would definitely return and would even like to stay over as the hotel looked great.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor following your Afternoon Tea here at Nidd Hall Hotel. It was lovely to hear what a great time you had and I will pass on your comments to our Food and Beverage team.

All comments are really important to us and Chip will be recognised in line with our rewards and recognition scheme for his great attitude and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Nidd Hall (Warner) the main large house is a very historic hotel and rooms can be booked in this part of the hotel. There are also modern rooms as well which blend in well with the surroundings. Whether it is a 4 night stay or a 3 night stay this is a very good hotel. Food is top class, Staff are very courteous rooms will vary depending on price, but overall a fab destination and experience.
We have been on the 4 night stay and a 3 night stay this year and we found the entertainment was excellent. THE SHOWS PERFORMED HERE ARE AS GOOD AS THE WEST END IN LONDON, THANKS TO THE ENTHUSIASTIC MEMBERS OF THE CAST. Well done to you all and we are already booking again for next year.

Room Tip: The historic rooms have the ambience, but there are very good signature rooms as well within different areas of the hotel. With various outlooks over the beautiful scenery.

Hello,

Thank you for your fantastic comments on Trip Advisor following your short break at Nidd Hall Hotel. It was lovely to hear what a great time you had and I will pass on your comments to our Entertainments team who will be thrilled to hear that you think they could be in the West End.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My friend and I have stayed at other Warner Hotels but this was our first time at Nidd. Everything is as you would expect from Warners, an excellent choice of food of good quality and well cooked,,the breakfast is delicious! The rooms are spotlessly clean, the beds are comfy and along with the tea making facilities etc there is everything you need.
If you want to join in the days activities there is plenty to keep you amused, we tried croquet and all the outdoor fitness machines.( we are not really fit but they were good fun and gave us a laugh if nothing else! )
All the staff were pleasant and, Sebastian, our waiter in the Rawson restaurant, deserves a special mention as does the lady in the gift shop was very helpful, sorry I don't know her name.
The evening entertainment was quizzes, singing, dancing etc all you would really expect to make for a good time.
Ok the prices for drinks and snacks on the terrace were a little high but only what you expect from a country hotel and I think sitting on the terrace with the lovely views makes the prices seem a lot more reasonable. Talking of views, the grounds are kept immaculate and it is a pleasure to stroll round the gardens.
Now for my one little niggle, we had a ground floor room with a patio but because we were in the corner room we had to share it with the couple in the adjacent room. When we first arrived in the room I opened the curtains to find them sitting right in front of my window! If we had been staying for a longer time I think I would have asked to change rooms, We just didn't get the benefit of paying extra for a patio.
As I say it is just a little niggle and everything else more than compensated for this,

Room Tip: don't get the corner room if you don't want to end up sharing the patio!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Nidd W, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor following your short break at Nidd Hall Hotel.

It was wonderful to hear that you had such a fantastic time and that you enjoyed all our lovely facilities.

All feedback is very important to us, as we continually strive to improve the Warner experience with the services and standards we offer and the team are recognise in line with our rewards and recognition scheme especially those who went the extra mile: Sebastion and the giftshop lady Kim.

I shall pass on your comments about the patio to the booking team and I am sorry if caused any disappointment.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us soon