1,683 results
All reviews signature room east wing evening entertainment entertainment team terrace restaurant historic rooms daytime activities tribute band games room rifle shooting the main house main restaurant leisure centre afternoon tea weekend break courtyard room enjoyable weekend
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We booked a night away to get some much needed rest. The hotel is set in a vast landscape with great views. The hotel itself is high standard and offers a lot. Food was OK but not wonderful as you don't have much of a choice and end up with a roast dinner from a carvery ( mass produced and lacking real flavour ) there is only a choice of lamb or sausage??? . Swimming pool was nice and refreshing with steam room ect....
The room was a great size and had everything we needed to make our stay comfy.
Night time entertainment was a swing band ( dominic halpin ) which was enjoyable. The bar was reasonably priced and had a nice selection of drinks.

Main gripe is the hotel has an older type of client ageing around 70+ so sometimes felt like an old people's home.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christine B, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I was pleased to read your positive reviews and will pass on your comments in respect of the lack of choice of food.

We sometimes find that the guests that come on midweek breaks are often on the more mature side than our weekend guests.

Hopefully you will try a weekend break at one of our Warner sites in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

To celebrate our golden wedding our son and daughter paid for a two night break for us at Nidd Hall, somewhere I had always wanted to go. The hotel is stunning in appearance, and the grounds are immaculate. We had an historic room which was lovely and very clean. The view from the windows was spectacular, and we were greeted with chocolates and flowers which my husbands brother had arranged. We were however somewhat disappointed at the dining arrangements. The Rawson restaurant was reached via something of a route march, and the tables were very close together. The food on offer was perfectly acceptable, although we were rather surprised by the main concept ....... a carvery although waitress service was available as a limited choice. Elderly people weaving through tightly packed tables with hot food is not a good idea. We wished to upgrade to the fine dining restaurant for the second night of our stay but were unable to do so as it is unavailable on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and our stay ended on Wednesday morning so this was rather disappointing. The staff were all very pleasant and friendly, but the whole place needs 'refreshing'. There were some examples of tired paintwork and worn carpets and together with the somewhat unusual dining arrangements I did not think the hotel came up to scratch as an upmarket choice. The prices are not cheap but the hotel came across more as a genteel care home than a holliday experience.

Room tip: Historic rooms with a view are quiet and large
1  Thank 543armo
Christine B, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the positive comments with regard to the grounds and your accommodation.

Unfortunately, you didn't enjoy the restaurant experience especially with the tables being too close together but we are extending the dining room in January 2017 together with refurbishing the pavilion bar and cabaret room
Hopefully this will allow a better dining experience for our guests.

Your review will be discussed at our next team meet g.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I have struggled with how many stars to give Nidd Hall. This is my fourth Warners I have taken my mother to. She really likes Warners, the rooms are comfortable and the staff attentive. Warners know their market, but! Nidd Hall was not quite as good as the others. I felt that they did not have enough staff and they had stopped serving food in the Pavilion Bar, although their details said they did. Also my room (13) was unbearably hot and looked out over the swimming pool roof.
That all said, it's a fantastic location, the grounds are beautifully kept, my bed was comfortable and if it hadn't been so hot my room would have been comfortable also. Most of the staff were lovely. The Saturday entertainment was good. I loved their little church. Knaresborough is delightful.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Heather S
Christine B, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Nidd Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Thank you for writing a review following your visit to Nidd Hall

I have passed your comments both positive and negative onto the team for them to look at and to see where we can improve our standards of service.

I hope that you and your mother will continue to use Warner Leisure in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

We went for a midweek break and stayed in the courtyard rooms,rooms ok but they are overdue for a lick of paint a bit of tlc,The food was not too bad but there was not a lot of choice particularly in the salad section.The staff as they usually are at Warners are excellent.Lots to do in the grounds and located well for the surrounding countryside,Harrogate well worth a visit.However all in all the hotel has the feel of a care home for the elderly and we will not revisit this one.The church bells near our rooms started at 7am and ended at 11pm.

1  Thank glen w

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Nidd Hall

I have passed your comments with regard to the room standard and to the salad bar on to the relevant leaders for them to look at.

I was pleased to read that you thought the team were excellent and that you enjoyed visiting Harrogate. As to the church bells, the Nidd residents wanted the bells to chime 24 hours a day as they did before the hotel was opened but we came to an agreement that they could chime during these times and when you are in some of the rooms especially if the windows are open they can be clearly heard.

I hope you will visit another Warner site some time in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

A very pleasant four day break in a delightful part of North Yorkshire.The room was excellent. Very clean and modern with all the facilities one could wish for. It was a Signature standard of room.
The staff in all departments of the hotel were really first class. Helpful, polite and friendly and keen to make your stay an enjoyable experience
The food was quite satisfactory although not particularly adventurous. Some Asian dishes would have provided variety! Breakfast was excellent and really set you up for the day. Carpets in the dining room and some corridors badly need replacing. In the East Wing the walls in the corridors and room doors need repainting.
Entertainment was two comedians with different styles and were most entertaining. The resident song and dance group put on a show which was energetic but it's theme was not clear and not to my taste. The resident band was excellent and dance enthusiasts had a ball! Nidd Hall is superb for visiting local attractions. In Harrogate, do not miss the over eleven million pound restoration of the Frank Matcham Royal Hall theatre.
The talk by Colin Alderson, a former pastry chef in the Royal Household and a Hotelier in Harrogate was first class.

Room tip: Signature standard of room is good value
1  Thank Robin M

Thank you for taking the time to write in trip advisor.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and we shall discuss your comments with regard to the food and the corridors cleanliness and restaurant carpets at our next leaders meeting.

I shall pass your praise on to Colin Anderson as he is very knowledgeable with regard to the local area.

Hopefully, we will see you back at one of our Warner Leisure sites in the future.