“Spa weekend stay”

Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shedfield
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My sister treated me to an overnight stay here with a spa treatment. I have to agree with other reviews in that the staff were great, just helpful and they seemed so happy, somewhat lacking in other hotels I've stayed in. Breakfast was spot on, room was lovely, clean, just everything you could hope for. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I booked a Saturday night here and a round of golf sat and Sunday. Admittedly the weather for April was glorious which helped immensely. We arrived early, our room was ready, reception staff friendly, helpful, faultless. Room beautiful, spotless. Dined in the restaurant that evening and food delicious, staff couldn't do enough, helping our wine choice, food knowledge fabulous. Breakfast hot buffet, good quality. Upon check out again reception staff brilliant. It was our wedding anniversary and they made us feel very special. Thankyou so much. We will return as soon as we can! FAULTLESS!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Jakehenry
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I felt I had to write in the main to congratulate the staff for making our weekend ( and it was a big weekend) so special. Someone at the top understands customer service and ensures the staff are all on the same page. We really didn't come across a single member of staff who didn't have a smile and a positive attitude. Not sure if I'm allowed to name names but a BIG well done to Stephanie and Alex. But really the whole team deserve a HUGE pat on the back, well done and thanks.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

As a regular Marriott guest, I have become fairly complacent with the quality of service. However, the Marriott team here really wowed us. A great welcome and a great stay. The team on reception were extremely friendly and helpful. Very nice room.

The room that we were given was very comfortable but overall, the hotel would benefit from a refresh. The decor in the room seemed fairly old and a few other small things were showing their age, e.g. the shower having a poor flow and the sink drainage being very slow. However, the bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and clean and well equipped.

We used both Zest and the Broadstreet restaurant during our stay. Service is Zest wasn't up to the standard in the rest of the hotel. Unfortunately, it seems to be the only bar in the hotel during the day and is treated as a clubhouse by the golfers. They seem to monopolize the bar staff and guests have to either wait or press the staff for service. We decided against eating here and used Broadstreet instead. What a great decision! The food was excellent and the service perfect. (I have written a separate review for Broadstreet.)

Breakfast is served in the Broadstreet restaurant and is excellent ... great egg station.

Overall, we had a great stay and will definitely use the hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My partner and I visited here for a Spa Day. The staff in the hotel were all very polite and welcoming. The spa facilities were a good size and clean. We both had the same treatment of a full body massage, but they did vary a fair amount once speaking to my partner but nevertheless, very nice,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Asa Marriott Loyalty card holder I guess that I am biased but I found the hotel but be generally up to the standards that I'd expect from a Marriott. The bedrooms were exactly what I expected - excellent beds, otherwise clean and comfortable. On disappointment was the empty and unused mini bar. Why provide mini bars and then turn them off? The public rooms, restaurants were pleasant and the service was very good. Breakfast was probably a bit better than average for a Marriott. One very nice touch was that my wife went down to breakfast on our first day alone. The waitress noticed that we had 2 booked for breakfast and asked if they could bring anything up for me in our room - those little touches make a big difference. The Spa looked very nice and modern although we didn't use it. The location is a little outside Southampton city centre but the drive into the city is very easy and the traffic was much less busy than I had expected.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

It's disappointing g to see so many bad reviews, my personal experience in leak season was nothing but fantastic, our room was huge and extremely comfortable, the pillows and beds were the comfiest I've ever slept on and in. Yes the bathrooms are a little dated but very, very clean and well stocked with towels and other such items, we had two children with us including a 10 month old, the hotel had put a cot in our room for us and there was still plenty of room for him and my 7 year old to play. The staff were fantastic from reception to restaurant to spa/gym staff, the meal times weren't in anyway stressful and in the morning they had even laid a place with a high hair for my son with his own child friendly plates and cutlery. A great place and I will be going again! Keep up the good work Marriott Meon valley you should be proud!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hopey100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shedfield
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Grand Harbour Hotel
Grand Harbour Hotel
#20 of 25 in Southampton

Been to Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!