“Great 2 days away!”

Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shedfield
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just spent 2 days at Meon Valley Hotel for a family trip to Peppa Pig world! The hotel was really nice - a little disappointed in the size of the triple room - but still workable. Food in the Zest restaurant was very nice - service great on the first night of arrival - not as good on the second night sadly - but still overall a good experience.
The grounds are beautiful and the setting great. The staff in the Spa were lovely and extremely chatty to my little girl!
Would stay here again - but would probably be more specific about the size of room - as the room - although perfectly formed - was a little over crowded with a double and a single put you up in it - no real room to sit anywhere other than in bed!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa W
Peter B, General Manager at Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your review, please do contact front desk to book your preferred room type. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I would visit this place again, lovely location only about 30 mins from all local attractions/sea front etc.
We booked as part of a paultons park stay and we think it was great value for money. The hotel is nice, rooms spacious, staff were all really pleasant.

Only downsides were a very hairy drain/plug which I find really grim. It's such a shame as the rest of the room/bathroom/ public areas was spotless this seems like a really basic thing that's overlooked :

Breakfast was fantastic, LOADS to choose from, all the cooked stuff was lovely and hot not just left to shrivel up under headlamps and the eggs were fresh to order as well as waffles yum!

Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The location of the hotel is good, spacious golf course with plenty of parking. However, only one person on reception when we arrived and had to wait about 20 mins to check-in yet there was only one person in front of us (no joke!). Check-in is not until 3pm (!) so we couldn't even get a room. Silly £50 per night pre-auth taken.

The room itself was OK but there are no temperature controls other than a thermostat on the radiator so we were quite hot. Thankfully the window did open but during mid-summer this would have been a disaster. The only lift to our level also broke during our stay!

Spa and swimming area are nice enough but I would think carefully about returning - particularly as the Holiday Inn Winchester is such a good alternative.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank uk_hotel_expert
Peter B, General Manager at Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am sorry to read of your poor check in and have discussed with the team and do apologise.
Unfortunately the lift was broken and was fixed within 48 hours as we were awaiting a part. Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I find it difficult to decide if I like this hotel or not. I have stayed here 3 times this year. On 2 occasions the room was good and the food not bad either. In general the staff are really attentive and helpful. The German lady on reception is excellent. Some of the rooms are very tired, especially bathrooms. On my third stay the food was not so good. Fish overlooked and potatoes undercooked. Receptionist I dealt with on third stay treated me like an idiot when I raised a concern and suggested a possible solution. I moved to this hotel from a nearby holiday inn expecting a higher standard. A bit disappointing. I have a need for a hotel 2 to 3 nights a week in the area and hoped that the Marriott would be better than the holiday inn in which I have stayed for the last year. Judgement reserved for now.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike P
Peter B, General Manager at Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for review - please do contact me at the hotel when you are next in so we can ensure we give you a room that we can assign to for your stays. I look forward to speaking to you soon. Best Regards
Peter Botterill – (General Manager)

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My sister treated me to an overnight stay here with a spa treatment. I have to agree with other reviews in that the staff were great, just helpful and they seemed so happy, somewhat lacking in other hotels I've stayed in. Breakfast was spot on, room was lovely, clean, just everything you could hope for. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I booked a Saturday night here and a round of golf sat and Sunday. Admittedly the weather for April was glorious which helped immensely. We arrived early, our room was ready, reception staff friendly, helpful, faultless. Room beautiful, spotless. Dined in the restaurant that evening and food delicious, staff couldn't do enough, helping our wine choice, food knowledge fabulous. Breakfast hot buffet, good quality. Upon check out again reception staff brilliant. It was our wedding anniversary and they made us feel very special. Thankyou so much. We will return as soon as we can! FAULTLESS!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Jakehenry
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I felt I had to write in the main to congratulate the staff for making our weekend ( and it was a big weekend) so special. Someone at the top understands customer service and ensures the staff are all on the same page. We really didn't come across a single member of staff who didn't have a smile and a positive attitude. Not sure if I'm allowed to name names but a BIG well done to Stephanie and Alex. But really the whole team deserve a HUGE pat on the back, well done and thanks.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shedfield
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
Jurys Inn Southampton
Jurys Inn Southampton
#6 of 25 in Southampton
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7

Been to Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!