“Food”

Rumbledethumps Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Dairsie
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Dairsie Inn reopened in 2009 under the Rumbledethumps name. We have strived to buld the business on local reputation alone, only advertising on opening. Everyday our chef adds specials to what is already a large menu. I believe there is something for everyone, which may be why we prove popular with couples, families and group/party bookings. All of our main courses are fresh, cooked to order and homemade :)
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Food”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The food is amazing the staff are always welcoming frendlay go out there way to please I have eating in 5 star restaurants this place is the best

“High Tea”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Just back from having high tea. Absolutely superb meal and plenty of choice. Only niggle we had was it would of been nice to have a mixture of brown and white toast rather than just white. We asked if there was an option for a smaller portion but were told only for under fives. We had two kids with us who were eleven and fourteen and felt the youngest struggled with an adult sized portion. Apart from that we all left with full contented bellies and would definitely visit again.

Anerdeenshire
“extensive menu - best suited to older clientele”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went here for a Birthday celebration and had arranged things over the telephone. Initially very helpful but on arrival, time had been changed and not all meals - which had been pre ordered- were correct. Although most were rectified when asked.We had been promised banners etc for the occasion but there was nothing. The young waitress interrupted speeches to clear the table and had to be asked to wait a,moment. The food itself is ok but nothing out of the ordinary. The salmon salad was extremely disappointing, a mound of lettuce with no dressing, half a tomato,one slice of cucumber,half a boiled egg and a curled spring onion. The elderly guests were happy and I feel that this us where the restaurant gets most of it's custom. I personally won't be back

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank dale160
“Good Food... Poor Service ”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Just visited the Dairsie Inn with family. The food as always was very good and the service was quick.

However the server Graham dealt with us very inappropriately, he thinks he's giving cheeky banter however he is down right rude. He insulted more than one person in our party which for place that relies on word of mouth is extremely poor.

I would think twice of going for a meal if I saw he was the waiter.

4 Thank Peter H
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant, where staff always try please”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have visited the Dairsie Inn several times over the past few months, for both lunch and evening meals with my wife and friends. You really need to book to ensure a table is available as it gets very busy. Even when we have not been able to get a table they are very apologetic, and always make you feel that your patronage is important to them. On the food side I find the portions just about the right size, they don't go out of the way to fill your plate salad or chips which is all to common these days and I can eat with the best of them. The selection of dishes would suit most people and are well presented. One that is definitely worth visiting. My problem is going to be with the number of times I have now been there I have eaten my way through the menu, so I may have to leave it a couple of months until some new dishes appear, that said they always have a few specials on offer. And the do have a lunch menu for pensioners as well as doing a high tea on Wednesdays for them as well from 4pm - 6pm for about £9

• Visited April 2014