“LOVED~LOVED~LOVED”

The Dirty Habit Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dirty Habit Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There���s nothing taboo about good food, so The Dirty Habit pub restaurant in Hollingbourne near Maidstone is perhaps misleadingly named. Of course the name actually refers to the origins of this historic building on the famed Pilgrims Way, close to the North Downs and dating back to the 11th century, The Dirty Habit started life as a brewery owned and run by monks who also allowed weary travellers to rest here as they made their way to Canterbury. Gloriously characterful, The Dirty Habit maintains features from throughout the intervening years, including cosy fireplaces and ovens, gnarly old beams and a long Georgian oak bar too. From the comfy Monks Corner to the beautifully refurbished terrace, there���s a space to suit your occasion. While the bar serves a wide range of beers, ales and spirits, as well as a good wine list, the food menu caters for all tastes and budgets, The Dirty Habit���s award winning chef using locally sourced produce in dishes ranging from traditional British pub grub to more exotic offerings.
New Jersey
“LOVED~LOVED~LOVED”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We recently stayed close to "The Dirty Habit" and WOW what a find! It was our first Pub dinner in England and we could not have asked for a better experience. We loved the atmosphere and food there. My husband had the fish and chips (twice) and I had the chicken and hamburger on our second visit. Both of us LOVED the food! Our service was amazing; they could not do enough for us. We were lucky enough to walk to the Pub, however, if you are in the area, I would not miss this Pub. It is worth the trip. Oh, don't forget desert, all homemade and delicious!

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank NewJersey_7

Kent, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to go back again”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

This is a lovely pub, with lovely staff, who couldn't have done enough for us.
There is a real buzz about the pub, and we all really enjoyed our evening.
The food was delicious and we couldn't fault the service.
My pasta dish was the best one I had had in ages, and my husband and I really enjoyed the shared fish starter.

The staff were very friendly and attentive, and as it was a lovely evening asked if we'd like to have our starter in the garden, which we all thought was a lovely idea. They moved us inside for our main meal as it had started to get chilly.

All in all a lovely evening, with everyone talking about going back again.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank Spangledog1
“Lovely gastopub with good atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Family went today for early dinner & was looked after well. On the whole great time had by all. The fillet steak was amazing. The corn fed chicken was also very much enjoyed. However avoid the fish linguine - tasteless and bland unfortunately. Meat dishes are great.

1 Thank Philede
Athens, Ontario
“Good food with good atmosphere.”
Reviewed 13 April 2011

A group of friends and I were staying nearby and this is the pub that was recommended to us. We were glad it was. The food was great and the atmosphere and service were very nice. I would go again if in the area.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank OntarioHikers
Kent, England
“Good food, busy 'log-fire' atmosphere”
Reviewed 6 March 2011

With another couple we enjoyed our Sunday lunch here, roast beef and lamb all round.

The Dirt Habit is a busy pub with history, character and a 'log-fire' atmosphere . My only reservation, and this is a personal opinion, I prefer my traditional roast beef dinner with the vegetables alongside the meat rather than the meat laid on top of the vegetables. A small point perhaps but to my mind crispy roast potatoes alongside the beef is more appealing than soggy ones underneath the meat.

You might say if that's all I have to complain about then it can't be bad, and you'd be right.

We finished the meal with cheese plates all round which came with a good selection of cheese and accompaniments.

• Visited March 2011