“Lunch with friends”

The Park Gate Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Park Gate Inn in Hollingbourne is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We went to The Park Gate after completing Go Ape at Leeds Castle, as it was only a short drive down the road. From the outside it looks lovely and welcoming, with a huge beer garden at the back, which is where we decided to sit and eat. We found that the prices for the drinks were quite expensive, for example it cost my boyfriend £6.50 for a bottle of water and a Corona. However, the prices for the food were extremely reasonable. We had a bread starter, followed by Roast Beef for my boyfriend and the Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie for me. It was delicious! The portions were extremely generous too. The only criticism I have is that the service was quite slow. The vegetables that came with the Roast Beef came separately and took at least another 10 minutes to arrive. The same happened with the desserts. Some of us got them very promptly, but myself and two others had to remind the waitress that we were still waiting. Overall, the experience was a very enjoyable one, and we all left very happy and full!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Good menu, huge garden. Bit dark inside, but clean. Toilets could do with a revamp. Good food reasonably priced. Kids menu better than most! Downside is the busy main road which is noisy if in the garden.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My mother and I had a lovely dinner at the Park Gate Inn one evening while staying nearby. I had the chicken, ham, and leek pie. The chicken was tender and juicy, not over-cooked as one sometimes finds with pot pies. The sauce was not super heavy, and it was well-seasoned. My mother had the fish pie and thought it was quite good as well. She liked that it had roasted new potatoes on top, rather than mashed potatoes. The Eaton Mess was a wonderful finish to our meal.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We visited the Park Gate inn in Harrietsham for an anniversary dinner based on a recommendation from a friend who had visited recently. The restaurant is easy to find being located on the A20 near to Leeds Castle. There is plenty of car parking here, though taxis apart I could not comment on if there is any public transport available.
The restaurant is quite picturesque and has plenty of outdoor seating available if you wish to sit outside with a drink on a nice summer evening. The downside of the ease of access from the A20 is the road noise from passing traffic which can detract from the charming countryside setting.
The interior is very spacious with numerous rooms opening up from each other. We had booked our table for two at rather short notice and perhaps this is why it was situated with one seat seemingly in a thoroughfare and the other near to an external door to the garden through which cigarette smoke tended to drift into the eating area. The interior looked to be in a good state of repair, clean and cared for with various ornaments, pictures and additions which complement the country side setting of the building.
Our waitress was very attentive (thank you Charlotte), and we were made to feel welcome. The menu was quite varied with a dish which should appeal to most tastes. We opted for a three course meal and I can say that we enjoyed each course in turn but would specifically recommend the chocolate and peanut butter cheeses cake, delicious! We considered that the prices for the overall meal with drinks was quite reasonable.
The toilet facilities were clean and in a good state of repair.
During our visit which was on a Friday night, the restaurant seemed to be quite busy and it is obviously a popular venue for an evening out. Regretfully, we were unable to sample the delights of the garden due to the massive lighting storm and heavy rain during the evening, however the light show looked particularly effective from where we were sitting!
I would definitely visit here again but would perhaps like to try a different part of the restaurant for a comparison. I would recommend this venue for either couples, groups of friends or family meals.

1  Thank Stewart C
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Had a nice lunch here after our visit to Leeds Castle. Food was lovely and staff were friendly. We thought it was reasonably priced as well.