“Good food & atmosphere ”

The Park Gate Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Park Gate Inn in Hollingbourne is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Seated right away for our 7:30 reservation. Drink & food order taken quickly (not busy) but waited quite a time for food to arrive. But given the comfortable atmosphere we didn’t mind the wait.
The food was great. Two of us had the steak & mushroom pie; big pie & delicious. I had the sea bass, very nice. My daughter had the ham hock. The ham was tasty but she didn’t like the orange flavoured sauce on it (I agreed that it seemed wrong, but aside from that it was tasty).
Overall, very nice experience & we’ll be back!

General Manager A, Manager at The Park Gate Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Shelly B, thank you so much for the positive review!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

There seemed to be a problem with our booking and were sat in the bar while we waited for a table. We were eventually seated at a table after a member of our party chased it up. Had to wait a long time for starters to arrive and the same long delay for mains, meaning we did not eat mains until very late. It would have saved time to give menus while waiting in the bar area. No cucumber available for drinks and the lemon and lime was taken away before last orders.Staff were at times quite rude in their manner and not pleasant when we were asked to leave at closing time. Did not feel welcome and will not be returning.

We regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Staff very friendly on arrival. I sat by the fire having a cosy drink of hot chocolate and working on my computer. I left my half drunk hot chocolate and went to the toilet. As I’m on my own I had to take my bags with me but left some paperwork and a pen on the table to show I was still there. Walked back to see people sitting at the table, my drink and paperwork gone. They presumed I’d left and had cleared up throwing my paperwork away.... After eventually finding my paperwork they offered me a free drink. But because their internet is poor (in spite of ringing in advance and checking they had WiFi) I didn’t bother staying and left. Such a shame as really lovely place but I don’t feel welcome being a lone woman if I can’t even leave my drink on the table to pop to the toilet!

Thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Arrived at this little gem after a very busy day; warm welcome, good service & excellent food. Would highly recommend.

General Manager A, Manager at The Park Gate Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Michael C, thank you so much for the positive review!

Reviewed 4 November 2017

booked online as it was just around the corner from Leeds Castle. Food was great, quite a wide variety of food choices on the menu. Staff were pleasant and helpful

Thank you so much for the positive review!