“The Powell Arms Restaurant”

The Powell Bar and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Powell Bar and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Birchington
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The long-established pub The Powell is the oldest hostelry in Birchington. Named after Squire Powell of Quex, the High Sheriff of Kent in 1823. Enjoy elegance, soft hues and classic touches which accentuate the original features of the building. We welcome families, couples and friends to enjoy and relax by having a drink, a light lunch, evening meal or Sunday lunch. Our head chef is forever updating and tweaking our menus to make sure you have the best and tastiest experience possible. Lunchtimes: Served 12-3pm (Tuesday -Fridays). Evenings: Served 6-9:00pm (Tuesday - Saturday), additionally our pub lunch options are also available Tuesday - Thursday evenings as a summer extra. Fish Specials are available Tuesday - Saturdays evenings and are changed regularly depending on the local catch. Sunday Lunch: Our delicious Sunday lunches are served between 12 - 4pm and include a selection of meats, vegetarian options and fish specials.
Reviewed 15 December 2015

This has only recently reopened after a long refurbishment and very , very nice too. Very tastefully done inside the pub and the restaurant. My wife and I were expecting typical pub food and wanting to eat around 5.45 - 6 pm but unfortunately the restaurant doesn't open until 7 pm. There was no menus around so we couldn't see what was on offer until seated at our table. It was a bit of a shock to see the prices with mains costing £18 or the specials at £22. OK it was a smashing meal but we are not really into ' Fine Dining '. Would I go there for a meal again. Only if I won the lottery.

2  Thank 68Captain2014

Reviewed 11 December 2015

My husband and I went recently with some friends for a meal......it is lovely in the restaurant, the food was delicious, staff friendly and helpful and we will certainly be going back.....a gem in our village!

3  Thank Trissie
Reviewed 10 December 2015

This was the second time in two weeks that I have been here. The restaurant was almost empty. The service was excellent prompt and efficient. The food was excellent.

Date of visit: December 2015
5  Thank Alison M
Reviewed 9 December 2015

At last a local resturant that has it all, friendly, clean, good wine, well cooked FRESH food and lovely decor, which is nice to spend time in. I popped in for a coffee when it first opened to have a "nose" and was impressed with what I saw and the coffee was good.
Yesterday I went with a friend to have lunch and everything was perfect (and I'm a person that my friends and family call "Mrs Bouquet/Bucket" bordering on "OCD" . We had a lovely time and I have already booked to go back next week to have lunch with another friend and plan to go for dinner with my husband to have something from their Christmas menu.
Please don't change I am so pleased to have somewhere nice to eat and drink within walking distance!
It's going to be hard to get booked in soon,

Date of visit: December 2015
2  Thank Heatherpearce57
Reviewed 27 November 2015

Popped in for a drink last night to see what it was like. And it is lovely. Will definitely go back for a meal on a special occasion. Very warm and welcoming. The two glasses of wine we had were very nice but a bit expensive.

Date of visit: November 2015