Gamboa was adventurous and exciting! We stayed for two nights and were more than satisfied.
We chose the "all-inclusive" package and would recommend this option if you're a big drinker/plan to be a big drinker. All the drinks (on a specified list) are free!!!
The food was AWFUL!!!! In the "all inclusive" package was a buffet, and the food was terrible. Everything was disgustingly salty and just gross. They do have a restaurant at the bar that serves tasty food, but somehow that food is NOT included in the "ALL INCLUSIVE" package.
The reason my review is "very good" is because we went for the adventures and received plenty!
Our room was big and beautiful, although the bathroom showed signs of mold in places. We had a spectacular view off our hammock balcony. We saw the river and the mountains!
We signed up for the free walking, biking, and night tours and had a blast. We didn't see anything on the night tour, but the bus and atmosphere was nice. The MOST AWESOME part was the MONKEY ISLAND tour. We saw plenty of Monkeys. They were beautiful & funny. One even jumped on the front of our boat asking for food!
We saw tons of parrots (love birds), and plenty of other animals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort