I highly recommend a few nights here as part of a Panama itinerary. A very peaceful, idyllic resort - in the midst of a verdant rainforest. You'd expect a lot of bugs - but that was not the case. I never got a single mosquito bite (though it was dry season).
The excursion to the nearby Embera Village is not-to-be-missed. The Aerial Tram tour is so-so. Decent view from the top - but don't expect to see any animals. Another guest told me that she saw abundant birdlife very early in the morning when she went for a walk. Saw a couple of monkeys and a sloth on the wildlife cruise - which was interesting to be up close to the huge ships traveling through Gatun Lake.
Nice views from rooms (especially on upper floors). Love the hammock on the patio.
Staff are very pleasant and they try hard. Waiters are nice, but English is not their strong suit. They didn't have enough waiters for the breakfast rush.
The General Manager, Mario, is working hard to improve service levels and training. I've been to this property a few years ago, and see much improvement.
All in all - a very nice compliment to a stay in Panama City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort