This place is, without question, the best all- inclusive resort that I have ever visited.
Obviously, the location is a big factor here, but the main reason that I liked this place more than any other all-inclusive is that it is NOT an all-inclusive. Gamboa Rainforest Resort is a full-service hotel that offers an AI option. During my one week stay, I was well taken care if at all times. Every request, for food, transportation, whatever, was fulfilled immediately and cheerfully. This highly professional staff simply does not use the word no.
My level of reliance on the staff here was higher here than in other locations. Gamboa town has very little in the way of services- hopping in a taxi or walking to a store for a toothbrush is not an option. The hotel staff recognizes and responds to this reality at all times.
Room was clean, well appointed, and in good repair, and the view cannot be beat.
Food and drinks were excellent in preparation and presentation. At some meals, the buffet was dispensed with and AI guests were invited to order from the ala-carte menu. Again, service staff was cheerful and attentive.
Tours were well organized and reasonably priced. For independent travel, there is hourly public bus service to the main terminal in Albrook. My wife and I were able to travel by bus to the locks at Miraflores and Gatun, as well as Panama City attractions easily and cheaply.
All inclusives are, for me, like summer camp for adults. They are fun, and relaxing, and inexpensive, but never rise to the level of a full-service hotel. Gamboa Rainforest Resort manages to provide an AI experience without sacrificing full hotel service. Best of both worlds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort