This was one of the most amazing places that I have ever been! The grounds were amazing. The adventures were wonderful. We took off early in the morning for a self-guided hike and it was beautiful! Monkeys, ant eaters, camen, toucans, and blue morph butterflies! When it became too hot we stayed in the pool. We had a rental car, so we took night drives. This is so close to Panama City, yet you feel completely isolated. The monkey island trip was worth the money. They had many free activities. The only complaint was the very slow service and the price of food. Also, the deck and hammock needed to be cleaned. I would recommend this to families looking for an adventure and anyone who loves wildlife! I would be more than happy to answer any questions on this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort