Gamboa Resort is absolutly beautiful. My husband and I had the pleasure of staying there a few weeks ago. It was such a different experience for us staying in the middle of the rain forest, just amazing. Peaceful, quiet with stunning views from the rooms. The pool was so very beautiful with a foot long waterfall down the lengh of the pool A very tranquil, relaxing place to spend some time. We are independent travelers who found the distance from Panama City challanging. We would take the bus from Gamboa town, which definitely had it's own schelude, to Albrook bus terminal and then taxi it to various parts of town. We were able to go to Miraflores locks, Ancol Hill, Panama Viejo, Summit Gardens, Mi Pueblito, Casco Viejo, and the Amador Causeway. The taxi drivers, for the most part, do not speak English and you have to negotiate your price prior to getting in the taxi so this part is tricky. Luckily my son, who was with us, speaks some Spanish. We would then taxi back to Albrook bus terminal and bus it back to Gamboa. If you are on a budget staying at Gamoa may not be the place for you. The restauant and bars are expensive, especially compared to Panama City! We did not take any tours but heard they were good. Depending on your situation, I would highly recommend Gamboa Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, TravelUp, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort