We stayed at the resort the first week of May 2010. My ONLY complaint is the directions on how to get there from the airport on the website. It is very cryptic at best. But it allowed us an unscheduled tour of Panama City before finding our way. I am glad we arrived in the day time. I recommend getting a rental car. There is plenty to see and do in the area. And you can stop by Rey Supermarket (next to Albrook Airport) and get some food and beverage to help save a little money.
We liked the Monkey Island Tour at the resort. We also did the Pipeline Road/Discovery Center/Observation Tower on our own. We went to Colon inadvertently while trying to get to Portobella and Isla Grande (Carribean side). We had to turn back because there are no gas stations there.
The rooms were spacious and clean. The grounds maintained very beautifully. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I thought the food was at best OK. My wife thought the food was great. Los Lagartos was the best of the options. I liked the food better at the Albrook Mall food court. That should give you an idea of my sense of taste. At times it seemed like we were the only people in the resort and other times 4-5 buses of people showed up for dinner and/or tours. The pool was very clean.
My favorite thing about the whole stay was the incredible view from the balcony. And we were only on the second floor. The view was a bit different every morning because of the rain clouds and mist. I looked forward to it every morning with the coffee provided in the room. I think it was called Duran and I will be looking for it.
Panama and the Gamboa Resort is very very beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort