The Panama Canal was an extraordinary experience. When I was coming to visit Panama I wanted to just stay in places where natural beauty was a step away. My journey was a two stop two week vacation in Panama City and then Bocas del Toro. When in Panama City I went to Gamboa Rainforest Resort, located just off the side of the Panama Canal. The resort was amazing with large glass windows and excellent views of the Panama Canal. It was like being in the comfortable glass box with a real Rainforest right outside. The meals were very good and the live salsa music and great audience made the stay even better. I went kayaking through the Canal, where I witnessed the Cayuco International Panama Canal Race that I latter learned is a old Canal Zone tradition. It was spectacular to see these people paddling in wooden "canoes" which they called cayucos. The race was intense and the Gamboa Rainforest Resort even took guests to the end of the race in the Causeway to check it out. What a real treat, something awesome to witness. I also went deep into the jungle of Gamboa and explored old Spanish colonial roads and lost towns in the middle of the jungle. The tour of the Panama Canal is outstanding and truly an engineering masterpiece. I have to admit, I feel like I owe my entire excellent time in Panama City to Gamboa Rainforest Resort. Without them I would have never seen the things I got to. Thanks a lot! Highly recommended!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort