“Heaven - worth the investment”

MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Louis
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Maia is a boutique property that is very high end with a personal butler and ultra large villas. I needed to get away from Dubai heat for a week to swim, sleep and relax and it was perfect. The GM runs a very professional operation which others I spoke to say has the best staff on the island. My butler was world class - Indra - and my (as all) villa had a day villa with bar, day bed. The main villa is well laid out, luxurious and fully kitted out. The food I would give 7/10 - some outstanding meals, a few hit and miss but mostly very healthy, fresh and well prepared. I used the gym each day and the spa a lot and the treatments are superb. Maia massage is 10/10. I recommend hiring a car for the day to explore the island. Other highlights were they gave me a giant bunch of green bananas at the start of the week and as they rippened I ate more bananas than I have ever before. World class, great staff, private, incredible gardens - it is Eden

Room Tip: Choose between being high with a great view or on the beach. Next time I would go for a beach villa
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank EK201

Reviewed 30 August 2011

A fairytale... what more can I say... We are still on a downer after only just getting back from Maia, needless to say it was heavenly.
It certainly did come at a price and I can honestly say that at the end of the holiday/wedding it was worth every penny.
We stayed in 219 and the view out of the bay was breathtaking, the villas are that special that you just never want to leave.
Pilih was our butler and he couldn't do enough for us, superb! Privacy was always there when you wanted it.
Our Wedding day was exactly what we wanted and they made our little dream come true.
The only thing I wouldn't rave about is the food, local seafood is good, but when it comes to Chicken, Beef, Pork it's all frozen and imported from Dubai and the meat we sampled was all a bit chewy. Other than that it was paradise!!!

Room Tip: All Villas are identical, only thing you can pay extra for is your view, we can recommend 219
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MarkBurley
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The two main things that made our stay wonderful were the beautiful location and the great hotel staffs of Maia resort. We needed be spend some time just by ourselves away the hustle-bustle of daily city lives and for this reason Maia was the perfect choice. The resort is blessed with a completely peaceful surrounding where we had the best time in private. If you want an accommodation surrounded by lush green trees and plants everywhere, Maia is the answer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chiramachalin
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Went to Seychelles for a diving trip and stayed in Maia for 6 days. Maia is a "boutique" luxury resort with 40 villas in the hotel property. Where as other luxury resorts like One and Only and Four seasons have ±100 accommodation facilities. Truly private experience because you can't see and be seen by others while you are in the private pool of your villa. Maia staff organised our diving programme with an outsource diving center (10 dives) and everything ran very smoothly. Our butler Indra was great and the service was extremely well. When we were one hour late from our daily diving, he even called the dive center to make sure we were OK. He said he was worried. :) I had special dietary needs at the time (cant eat certain vegetables, requested a distinct cooking method for meat, fish and poultry, etc..) and I told this to our butler during check in. By lunch, each and every chef was informed and delivered according to my needs. Yoga instructor and spa was also very nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zurgun
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Stayed here on Honeymoon in a Signature Villa.
The villa and service were excellent, buy they almost refused to allow you to leave for the surrounding towns. They refused to provide any local currency or order taxis, and if course there was no ATM. The restaurant was very expensive (£250 for a basic meal for two with only one alcoholic drink each). That's fine for world class food, but the food tasted awful, with very poor service, and tiny tiny portions. If you go, go for the spa and beach, don't expect anything beyond that.

• Stayed: August 2010
4  Thank Malkied1
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I have just returned from a two day stay at the Maia Luxury Resort. It was an experience like staying at paradise. The resort offers a calm and quiet environment. It is absolutely relaxing to the soul and the mind. The beautiful location with lush green gardens adds to the serenity of this place. One would want to go back to this place often if he or she is a peace lover like me. It helps you take your mind off the hectic and mechanical city life and get back to nature. The spa treatment that I treated myself to amidst the natural vegetation was so wonderful. Would love to get back there for it once more.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Cyl_lescote
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The grand finale of our honeymoon was truly pure enjoyment. Have never felt so spoilt in my life.... Especially liked to watch the sunset over the ocean lying in a huge perfumed bath outside on our panoramic terrasse...Can warmly recommend this haven!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
8 mi away
Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort ...
#1 of 1 in Silhouette Island

Been to MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!