“I wish there is a category better than excellent”

MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Louis
Haleiwa, Hawaii
“I wish there is a category better than excellent”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This 30 villa luxury villa resort is far better than excellent. My villa had it all. Private swimming pool, spectacular views, the most comfortable bed I ever experienced, La Prarie bathroom products. Prefer a bathtub outside and complete privacy ? My villa had it.

A private butler is available anytime. I found my clothes folded , beds made every time you leave your villa. Don't want to be disturbed - just put your coconut outside your gate.

I had my home town newspaper copy delivered to my villa by satellite print.
Enjoy a private breakfast or dinner on your outside villa terrace - the butler will prepare it - or enjoy the oceanfront restaurant by the resort pool.
The food is world class.

All villas have satellite TV and wireless internet access. The internet in the Seychelles is very slow. I understand in about 6 months a fiber cable will connect the Seychelles with high speed and world class communication.
Your villa has a private phone line

You find an expresso machine, a well stocked minibar and an ice machine in your villa.

The resort has a private heliport, a private white sandy beach, a large pool, a five star restaurant - but you hardly see any other guests. Most guests remain in their private villa.

The resort has a spa, a gym with yoga classes, and is located at one of the most beautiful parts of Mahe Island.

All around fantastic !

Room Tip: All villas are excellent. I enjoyed the fantastic view from my villa located up the hill next to the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank eTurboNews

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
cologne
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Amazing views, villas with a touch of fantasy, prize-winning gardens, a top butler service....pure tranquility.

• Stayed December 2011
5 Thank david44
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 5 November 2011

MAIA Resort says "Maia offers you a place to restore your self."
This is far away from reality!
With no respect for you as a guest they totally destroyed the whole week that ended with a wedding. They didn't care and took no responsibilities at all.
We are so sad and disappointed that we choose this place.
Maia should go with a new punch-line "Maia offers you a place to destroy your self"

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
18 Thank Andrew18985
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is the best place I have ever stayed. The only hotel that I give 100% satisfaction.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank AlineGF
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Maia is a boutique property that is very high end with a personal butler and ultra large villas. I needed to get away from Dubai heat for a week to swim, sleep and relax and it was perfect. The GM runs a very professional operation which others I spoke to say has the best staff on the island. My butler was world class - Indra - and my (as all) villa had a day villa with bar, day bed. The main villa is well laid out, luxurious and fully kitted out. The food I would give 7/10 - some outstanding meals, a few hit and miss but mostly very healthy, fresh and well prepared. I used the gym each day and the spa a lot and the treatments are superb. Maia massage is 10/10. I recommend hiring a car for the day to explore the island. Other highlights were they gave me a giant bunch of green bananas at the start of the week and as they rippened I ate more bananas than I have ever before. World class, great staff, private, incredible gardens - it is Eden

Room Tip: Choose between being high with a great view or on the beach. Next time I would go for a beach villa
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank EK201
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 August 2011

A fairytale... what more can I say... We are still on a downer after only just getting back from Maia, needless to say it was heavenly.
It certainly did come at a price and I can honestly say that at the end of the holiday/wedding it was worth every penny.
We stayed in 219 and the view out of the bay was breathtaking, the villas are that special that you just never want to leave.
Pilih was our butler and he couldn't do enough for us, superb! Privacy was always there when you wanted it.
Our Wedding day was exactly what we wanted and they made our little dream come true.
The only thing I wouldn't rave about is the food, local seafood is good, but when it comes to Chicken, Beef, Pork it's all frozen and imported from Dubai and the meat we sampled was all a bit chewy. Other than that it was paradise!!!

Room Tip: All Villas are identical, only thing you can pay extra for is your view, we can recommend 219
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MarkBurley
Borgaro Torinese, Italy
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The two main things that made our stay wonderful were the beautiful location and the great hotel staffs of Maia resort. We needed be spend some time just by ourselves away the hustle-bustle of daily city lives and for this reason Maia was the perfect choice. The resort is blessed with a completely peaceful surrounding where we had the best time in private. If you want an accommodation surrounded by lush green trees and plants everywhere, Maia is the answer.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Constance Ephelia
Constance Ephelia
#7 of 35 in Mahe Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,337 reviews

Been to MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!