“3 out of my 4 days there, i had to pinch my self it's so beautiful”

MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Louis
Reviewed 28 April 2012

like the title says the views are stunning and everything else is 100 stars. Food is great, my only complaint is that pools can get to hot or cold depending on the temp out side so your better of at the beach anyways.

Room Tip: All in all the whole establishment is wonderful, but obviously who goes to Seychelles and doesen'...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank DeltaAirlines757

Reviewed 11 March 2012

The villas are very spacious & absolutely stunning, complete with outdoor pool & bath, as well as a spacious balcony overlooking the sea. Our butler was very friendly & helpful throughout our stay, preparing breakfast for us every day in our villa and giving us good advice on activities. We went diving & snorkelling a few times and also tried the beautiful spa. The villas are all very private, so we barely saw any other guests.
The food could improve, however - although I think this is a wider issue with the Seychelles (lack of local produce, everything is shipped from Dubai).

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Camel100
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This 30 villa luxury villa resort is far better than excellent. My villa had it all. Private swimming pool, spectacular views, the most comfortable bed I ever experienced, La Prarie bathroom products. Prefer a bathtub outside and complete privacy ? My villa had it.

A private butler is available anytime. I found my clothes folded , beds made every time you leave your villa. Don't want to be disturbed - just put your coconut outside your gate.

I had my home town newspaper copy delivered to my villa by satellite print.
Enjoy a private breakfast or dinner on your outside villa terrace - the butler will prepare it - or enjoy the oceanfront restaurant by the resort pool.
The food is world class.

All villas have satellite TV and wireless internet access. The internet in the Seychelles is very slow. I understand in about 6 months a fiber cable will connect the Seychelles with high speed and world class communication.
Your villa has a private phone line

You find an expresso machine, a well stocked minibar and an ice machine in your villa.

The resort has a private heliport, a private white sandy beach, a large pool, a five star restaurant - but you hardly see any other guests. Most guests remain in their private villa.

The resort has a spa, a gym with yoga classes, and is located at one of the most beautiful parts of Mahe Island.

All around fantastic !

Room Tip: All villas are excellent. I enjoyed the fantastic view from my villa located up the hill next to the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank eTurboNews
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Amazing views, villas with a touch of fantasy, prize-winning gardens, a top butler service....pure tranquility.

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank david44
Reviewed 5 November 2011

MAIA Resort says "Maia offers you a place to restore your self."
This is far away from reality!
With no respect for you as a guest they totally destroyed the whole week that ended with a wedding. They didn't care and took no responsibilities at all.
We are so sad and disappointed that we choose this place.
Maia should go with a new punch-line "Maia offers you a place to destroy your self"

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
19  Thank Andrew18985
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is the best place I have ever stayed. The only hotel that I give 100% satisfaction.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank AlineGF
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Maia is a boutique property that is very high end with a personal butler and ultra large villas. I needed to get away from Dubai heat for a week to swim, sleep and relax and it was perfect. The GM runs a very professional operation which others I spoke to say has the best staff on the island. My butler was world class - Indra - and my (as all) villa had a day villa with bar, day bed. The main villa is well laid out, luxurious and fully kitted out. The food I would give 7/10 - some outstanding meals, a few hit and miss but mostly very healthy, fresh and well prepared. I used the gym each day and the spa a lot and the treatments are superb. Maia massage is 10/10. I recommend hiring a car for the day to explore the island. Other highlights were they gave me a giant bunch of green bananas at the start of the week and as they rippened I ate more bananas than I have ever before. World class, great staff, private, incredible gardens - it is Eden

Room Tip: Choose between being high with a great view or on the beach. Next time I would go for a beach villa
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Constance Ephelia
Constance Ephelia
#6 of 35 in Mahe Island

Been to MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!