We travelled to Maia in June this year for the 2nd part of our honeymoon.
Overall, the weather was wonderful with mainly blue skies and high temperatures. However, we did have 1 day of rain and a few other days when it was quite cloudy with the occasional shower but it was always warm.
The resort is about 35-45 minutes drive from the main Seychelles airport and we were met by someone on arrival and transferred immediately.
We stayed in a signature villa (think it was 205) which was very spacious and had its own butler, who was available 24 hours a day. Indra, our butler, was incredibly efficient and tended to our every need with professionalism and kindness. He really helped to make our stay perfect.
The villa had its own private small beach although we didnt really use it as the tide was always in at the times that we felt like going down to it.
We took advantage of the in-villa dining services most days for all meals but went to the restaurant for dinner on one evening. The hotel wasnt that busy so it was a little quiet but the food and wine was good. We took advantage of the in-villa barbeque experience on two of the evenings which was great. The food was cooked in front of you by one of the chefs and you had a wide range of meat, fish and vegetables to choose from. It was delicious and I would highly recommend it.
The villa has a private pool which was ideal for an early morning swim before breakfast which could be served on the terrace or in our villa. I had a couple of private yoga lessons which I really enjoyed having never tried it before. The instructor came to the villa and I had the lesson on our terrace, overlooking the pool and sea. Wonderful.
We had a couple of massages in the spa, while we were there. The therapists were good but we were outside on one occasion which was quite muggy and there were a few mosquitos buzzing round my head which wasnt that relaxing.
I agree with previous reviewers that mosquitos are quite prevalent so be sure so use some repellent.
I would say that the resort is similar in terms of service to somewhere like, Naladhu in Maldives, but the island is much more green and tropical hence why there are more mosquitos.
Overall we had a fantastic time and would recommend to anyone looking for a holiday that gives you privacy and luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maia is more than a sanctuary, more than an escape and much, much more than a hotel. It is a place of physical, mental and spiritual awakening, a place of rediscovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maia Luxury Hotel Anse Louis
- Maia Luxury Resort And Spa
- MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa Seychelles/Mahe Island